Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:31 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, International Business, Strategy
Schools:HEC Paris
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink]
cesque wrote:
Hey everyone! This is my first post here. I got my final admit from HEC yesterday!! Yayy!! :-D :-D

I have a question. I received my userid and password to login to the scholarship website; the admit email says that the scholarship deadline is 22-Jan-2010. However when I go to the scholarship page, it says "You are past the deadline for applying for scholarships." Did any of you face a similar problem?

Congrats Cesque! I've the same problem as you for scholarships. I'll follow EWO's piece of advice and send an email too.

See u soon in France
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cesque wrote:
Thanks EggWhitesOnly! I've written to them, so it should hopefully be resolved soon. Do you know how many scholarship essays one has to write? And how long will it take for them to get back with the scholarship decision?

I believe there are 6 scholarships in the portal (give and take) but only about 3 or 4 essays. (This is all based on memory.) Several of the scholarships are actually honorary loans - you're expected to repay them upon graduation. For women, there is a Forte scholarship you can apply for as well. They usually get back with the scholarship decisions a few days after the deadline.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
baky wrote:

Congrats Cesque! I've the same problem as you for scholarships. I'll follow EWO's piece of advice and send an email too.

See u soon in France

Thanks baky! Congrats to you too! :) See you in France!

EggWhitesOnly wrote:

I believe there are 6 scholarships in the portal (give and take) but only about 3 or 4 essays. (This is all based on memory.) Several of the scholarships are actually honorary loans - you're expected to repay them upon graduation. For women, there is a Forte scholarship you can apply for as well. They usually get back with the scholarship decisions a few days after the deadline.

Best of luck!

Thanks EWO! Look forward to meeting you in France!

P.S. I'm a guy, so I won't be able to apply for the Forte scholarship. I think my profile defaulted to "female" for some reason, but I've changed it now.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Cesque,

That's hilarious. Glad you are definitively male now.

I saw your other posts. Are you still considering ESADE as well?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lol .. I'm glad too that there's no confusion now :-D

Well, I didn't make it there, so my decision became easier and I'm definitely going to HEC now! By the way, I glanced through your blog and I noticed that you visited HEC (I'm guessing that the school you spoke about is HEC) So how was your experience?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Well glad to see another American in the mix :).

It's kind of a long story, but unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to visit HEC. If you're curious, I'll tell you when we meet in France. I got as close as the Versailles Rive Gauche RER station, haha. I do plan to make another trip out there in the spring though, so next time I'll do a much better job of documenting my experience.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.6 - Top public
WE 1: Investment Management
Send PM
Another Northern Californian applying to HEC for the March deadline. EWO, how was your application experience?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EggWhitesOnly wrote:
Well glad to see another American in the mix :).

It's kind of a long story, but unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to visit HEC. If you're curious, I'll tell you when we meet in France. I got as close as the Versailles Rive Gauche RER station, haha. I do plan to make another trip out there in the spring though, so next time I'll do a much better job of documenting my experience.

Well, I'm not really an American :) I've just been living here for the last few years. I'm an Indian.

Too bad that you couldn't go after going that close but you'll maybe make it all the way in spring :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Levfin,

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about the application or interview. I felt that the application was one of the longest I'd come across, but I thoroughly enjoyed writing the essays. (That's a bit nerdy isn't it?)

Cesque,

I think I know who you are now :P . Starts with a "V" yes?

I'll definitely spend a day in Jouy and at HEC in May. I've got some friends going with me so I'm sure it'll be a memorable time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yup! That's me :)
And I think I spotted you too. It was relatively easy to spot you because I had seen your blog a few days back.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.6 - Top public
WE 1: Investment Management
Send PM
EggWhitesOnly wrote:
Levfin,

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about the application or interview. I felt that the application was one of the longest I'd come across, but I thoroughly enjoyed writing the essays. (That's a bit nerdy isn't it?)

Very nerdy my friend!! I guess, essay writing can be an enjoyable experience if you take the stress away. I'll send you a PM soon.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi guys

I have been following the threads about HEC here and on pagalguy but am posting for the first time. Some really useful nuggets of info.. so I thought i'd jump in and thank you guys for making the journey to b-school entertaining and informative :P I am applying to the Sep intake this year and just got my interview call last week. I see that there's a few of you who've already got in :) Good on you. I'm still going through the motions of apping. Have done 5 apps so far and still working on a few more till I really get something concrete. HEC is my prime choice, so fingers crossed..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi everyone!
i've been admitted to the HEC sep 2010 intake as well. now trying to arrange for funds...anyone of you got scholarships? i didn't get any...now trying to arrange for loans...how's the funding going for you guys?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cafecon wrote:
Hi guys

I have been following the threads about HEC here and on pagalguy but am posting for the first time. Some really useful nuggets of info.. so I thought i'd jump in and thank you guys for making the journey to b-school entertaining and informative :P I am applying to the Sep intake this year and just got my interview call last week. I see that there's a few of you who've already got in :) Good on you. I'm still going through the motions of apping. Have done 5 apps so far and still working on a few more till I really get something concrete. HEC is my prime choice, so fingers crossed..

Good luck cafecon! Keep us posted on your progress.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys.. I have also received an offer from HEC.. I wanted to collect a lot of info before I accept the offer.. From ur posts and the FT rankings I can see that the university is a very good one.. But the fee amount is exorbitantly high..

I will send a pm to those guyz who are already into HEC.. Nice to know u all..

I am also happy to clarify any doubts with regards to admissions process..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
theoriesforme wrote:
Hi guys.. I have also received an offer from HEC.. I wanted to collect a lot of info before I accept the offer.. From ur posts and the FT rankings I can see that the university is a very good one.. But the fee amount is exorbitantly high..

I will send a pm to those guyz who are already into HEC.. Nice to know u all..

I am also happy to clarify any doubts with regards to admissions process..

hey, congrats and welcome aboard! the fee IS quite high, but i hope you make it...am trying to get my funds organized as well, n i hope it works out soon!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
poulomibasu wrote:

hey, congrats and welcome aboard! the fee IS quite high, but i hope you make it...am trying to get my funds organized as well, n i hope it works out soon!

Congrats to you too n all the best for your funds.. I have currently applied to Eiffel scholarship.. I have no idea about any other scholarship.. pl let me know if you have intel on anything else..
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts