Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:24 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:IMD 2011 - admitted
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Intl Business, stratagy and entreperneurship
Schools:Sloan, Cornell, Insead and IMD
 Q48  V38
GPA: 78
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:INSEAD- D '11 Class
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink]
In Eastern Europe for the moment.

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
I am located in Western US. Hopefully I will get an interview invite too. Did you get to choose when you will interview? Also, is interview scheduled for one day per week, say every Friday or Monday? Or is it scattered like Monday this week but Tuesday next week?

Thanks again!

:-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
Congrats to all who got an interview invite! This does seem somewhat early...the IMD website as well as their email said '4-6 weeks' from the Feb 1 deadline, so I thought they would sent their decisions in March.

I hear the interviews can also be scheduled in Singapore for candidates from Asia.

I am an R1 applicant and still awaiting the status...I think I had a strong application so really hoping for a call....

how many applicants are yet to hear? Anyone on this forum got a ding yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JZHANG2008 wrote:
I am located in Western US. Hopefully I will get an interview invite too. Did you get to choose when you will interview? Also, is interview scheduled for one day per week, say every Friday or Monday? Or is it scattered like Monday this week but Tuesday next week?

Thanks again!

:-D

In my case they offered the earliest possible date which was ok for me, so I didn't ask for options.
Send PM
Hi, everyone. I want to share this link to a discussion thread that I found on bw: https://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=139&nav=messages&webtag=bw-bschools&tid=78897.

I thought the thread contained some very good information for us 2011 IMD hopefuls. Have a read and hang on tight. Hopefully we will get news from the admins office next week.

Have a fabulous weekend!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Received an email invite today after the IMD admissions office were unable to contact me by phone yesterday. Offered 2 interview dates in March.

I called back to confirm date & was very impressed - the admin office clearly knew my application - one of the benefits of the smaller class size!

Good luck to all those waiting to hear.
Send PM
HJL wrote:
Received an email invite today after the IMD admissions office were unable to contact me by phone yesterday. Offered 2 interview dates in March.

I called back to confirm date & was very impressed - the admin office clearly knew my application - one of the benefits of the smaller class size!

Good luck to all those waiting to hear.

Hi, HJL.

Congratulations on the invite. Where are you located? Also, what dates were you offered? Thanks!

JZ
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Throwing my hat for R2.All the best for people waiting in R1.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey JZHANG2008

Soz for the late reply - been out of action for a week or so!

I was offered 12th or 16th March both in Lausanne (2-3 weeks notice).
Send PM
HJL wrote:
Hey JZHANG2008

Hi, HJL.

Thanks for getting back to me. Wow, your interview is coming up! Good luck. Have you decided where you are going to stay in Lausanne? Though I haven't received an invite, I've been looking into both airfare and hotels. I live in the US so I plan to take a few days off of work if invited for interview. As far as hotel goes, I think there are a few good options along the lakefront.

Regarding the interview, how do you plan to prepare for it? When did the school send you the case information? Any idea how many other candidates will be on campus during each interview day? Oh and I've heard that the food is AMAZING on campus so make sure you leave room for desert :-)

Are you located in Europe? Also, do you mind sharing your background?

Congrats again on the invite! Hopefully, the admins will release more invites next week.

Have a wonderful weekend!

JZ
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V38
Send PM
JZHANG2008 wrote:
HJL wrote:
Hey JZHANG2008

Hi, HJL.

Thanks for getting back to me. Wow, your interview is coming up! Good luck. Have you decided where you are going to stay in Lausanne? Though I haven't received an invite, I've been looking into both airfare and hotels. I live in the US so I plan to take a few days off of work if invited for interview. As far as hotel goes, I think there are a few good options along the lakefront.

Regarding the interview, how do you plan to prepare for it? When did the school send you the case information? Any idea how many other candidates will be on campus during each interview day? Oh and I've heard that the food is AMAZING on campus so make sure you leave room for desert :-)

Are you located in Europe? Also, do you mind sharing your background?

Congrats again on the invite! Hopefully, the admins will release more invites next week.

Have a wonderful weekend!

JZ

dont worry, once invited IMD provides you with all the info about hotels :)
I got the case 2 weeks before the interview
Send PM
Hey Evengy. Thanks for the feedback. :-) And good luck on your interview. If I recall, you've also applied to INSEAD, right? Did you apply to the R1 Jan 11 intake? I am also applying to the R1 Jan '11 intake. So the INSEAD application has been easing some of the pain from waiting for an interview invite from IMD.

Good luck on both applications. :-)

JZ
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 438 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: World Domination, Finance, Political Corporatization, Marketing, Strategy
Schools:LBS, INSEAD, IMD, ISB - Anything with just 1 yr program.
 Q47  V32
Send PM
There was a time when I was eagerly looking forward to apply for IMD but my not-so-exciting score pulled me back. I wasn't sure I'd be able to make it through. Anyways, I'd appreciate if people here can discuss more on the different types of programs, specializations offered, career prospects and the like.

Btw, congrats knfevg!! I hope you rock the interview and get through with a successful admit.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi JZ,

Im booking hotels as I type! IMD sent a list of local hotels with IMD visitor rates along with the interview confirmation. I also had the same as knfevg - sent the case study about 2 weeks before the interview date.

As for preparing for the interview usual stuff I guess - Im reviewing my application/CV etc for the one-to-one interview, I read the case study a few days ago but now just letting in settle in my mind for a few days before going back to it. I dont think its possible to prepare for the impromptu presentation so just sitting tight and looking forward to the experience! its very different from the interview processes at the other programs Ive applied for! Ive also heard the same about the food from an IMD alumi!!!

Background info is European M/Eng degree GPA 3.82/GMAT 760/ 4 years int exp in oil & gas and currently working in the Middle East.

All the best for those with interviews and hope the invites start flowing for those waiting to hear :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
Congrats to all those with invites and good luck to others.

I am another R2 applicant. IMD is a great school. I like the small size class. Had been to their information sessions and have spoken to some alumni. Seems a fascinating school.

Would appreciate if R1 candidates could please provide some insights about essays, especially about

Essay 1: Two situations of importance to you

-> Did you guys talk about your goals (long term, career vision etc)? your aspirations? or something else? I am bit confused about what should I focus on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Essay 7: If you are not admitted, what alternatives will you consider?
-> Do you guys stress on re-applying or talk about other ways of achieving your goals?

Keen to get some pointers here.

Thanks,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Thinking about it as well. Nice to see some other ppl also applying
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Congrats to all those with invites and good luck to others.

I am another R2 applicant. IMD is a great school. I like the small size class. Had been to their information sessions and have spoken to some alumni. Seems a fascinating school.

Would appreciate if R1 candidates could please provide some insights about essays, especially about

Essay 1: Two situations of importance to you

-> Did you guys talk about your goals (long term, career vision etc)? your aspirations? or something else? I am bit confused about what should I focus on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Essay 7: If you are not admitted, what alternatives will you consider?
-> Do you guys stress on re-applying or talk about other ways of achieving your goals?

Keen to get some pointers here.

Thanks,

It's very hard to generalize. It all depends on what do YOU want to say in these essays. If you spoke to alumni, you know that IMD is looking to discover the REAL YOU and to make sure you fit it. So, you have to explain what are your REAL plans if not admitted. If you have a goal, and your only mean to get there is buy re-applying, than write it (and how would you re-apply). If there are some other means, than why should you loose a full year waiting to re-apply?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts