Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:05 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
I just got an interview invitation from Stern. I am really excited only problem I cannot travel to NY (visa needs at least a month to issue plus extremely busy at work). Has anyone done an interview in London ?
Whats the procedure ?
My stats by the way: M/26/GPA 3.3./Master 3.6/ GMAT 750/4 years sales & trading
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Rosi13 wrote:
I just got an interview invitation from Stern. I am really excited only problem I cannot travel to NY (visa needs at least a month to issue plus extremely busy at work). Has anyone done an interview in London ?
Whats the procedure ?
My stats by the way: M/26/GPA 3.3./Master 3.6/ GMAT 750/4 years sales & trading

Are there still options for London? You might be out of luck and have to travel - check on the site and contact them to find out. I am sure they will try their best to accomodate.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
I just found out I got into Stern!! I got back from a meeting at work and saw an email sent at 4:59 PM indicating that my status had changed... absolutely nerve-wracking logging in, and then clicking "view status letter." I had to ask a co-worker to read it because I literally thought I might be hallucinating. :shock:

I had my interview exactly a week ago (last Wed). Very quick turnaround, to which I am incredibly grateful.

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back, both for interviews and final decisions! I know what an insane, long, and stressful process it is!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Energy, Analytical Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Send PM
tensbuoy wrote:
Anyone know when Stern starts looking at the waitlist pool. There FAQ is pretty vague. I know it should start sometime this spring.

I was accepted to other schools, but still am interested in NYU! I was waitlisted in the first round.

Thanks

I'm in the same boat as you. I just emailed them to find out more details. I want to wrap this up before putting a deposit down (4/1 is my earlier deadline). I doubt they'll give me anything, but personally, once I pay a deposit to another school, I'm done with the process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Any new interview shortlists ?

Originally posted by Analyst9 on 03 Mar 2010, 16:15.
Last edited by Analyst9 on 04 Mar 2010, 03:55, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Kudos
I received my happy letter this night (my time))). :lol: :-D :lol:

Oh, I am so happy!!! Two weeks I waited for a decision after my interview were so painful!!!

Good luck for those who still wait...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
I was waitlisted in R1 but was very surprised to receive an email today telling me I'm invited to interview as part of a special interview day for the NYU Stern Summer Start program on Mar 25 in NYC.

Did anyone else get this email?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Booth-Class of 2012
Send PM
Congrats to the new admits! this is no good news for me though. Interviewed early last week and still waiting. I do not have much hope at this stage...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: International Development, Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford
 Q48  V47
GPA: 3.6 - Ivy
Send PM
Xerion wrote:
Congrats to the new admits! this is no good news for me though. Interviewed early last week and still waiting. I do not have much hope at this stage...

Why not? When I interviewed this week I was told the decision could take up to 3 weeks. You still have time. Good luck.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Booth-Class of 2012
Send PM
Aenigma wrote:
Xerion wrote:

Why not? When I interviewed this week I was told the decision could take up to 3 weeks. You still have time. Good luck.

Thanks Aenigma, but taking into account that people that interviewed after me have already received positive news, I am not very optimistic.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Xerion wrote:
Aenigma wrote:
Xerion wrote:

Thanks Aenigma, but taking into account that people that interviewed after me have already received positive news, I am not very optimistic.

Don't loose your hope yet. I was interviewed exactly 2 weeks ago and just received my decision. If you look though R1 posts there are people who got their admissions 3 weeks after the interview. Just give them a bit of time (I know that it's very painful to wait).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Concentration: Nonprofit, social entrepreneurship
Schools:Harvard (R1), Stanford (R1), Yale (R1), Berkeley (R2), NYU (R2)
 Q46  V42
Send PM
Kudos
Just got an interview invite this morning- I had almost given up! Applied R2 right on the deadline. Best of luck to all...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Got an interview invite this morning.

31/ M / International / 720 / 3.7 / Financial
Submitted right before the deadline for R2

I have a question here.
Is it safe to schedule the interview later this month? Or is it better to have the interview as early as possible? It looks I can choose between 9 and 31 of March.

Originally posted by englism on 04 Mar 2010, 16:33.
Last edited by englism on 04 Mar 2010, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Kudos
Ok. I will try the words of support and wisdom.

There is no logic that a business school student, nor prospective, can prescribe to the way that an application runs through the Admission process. For example, I give my case - I interviewed late March, was awarded scholarships and fellowships during my study, graduated with the highest general distinction in my class.

Your smarts and timing don't influence things. The turnaround of your response, or your interview timing, behaves as a random variable from your ability in many ways. It goes as it does, but a department of full time NYU staff deal with every last part of it. It could happen quicker bringing people in when it is busy, but they want control over it all.

Years back now, but I think it took weeks for my response. I know it is a protracted horrible wait, and I know that knowing some folk get turned round in 7 days makes people feel worse. Sometimes more information is your downfall. This is one. Reasons why candidate A was accelerated relative to candidate B does not capture how much time was spent discussing and debating either. They can move quickly for many reasons, possibly factors read in the interview (I am speculating, but I know for fact the people involved care and pay a lot of attention to individual factors).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Energy, Analytical Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Send PM
As expected, received a generic response from Stern about R1 waitlists. Pretty frustrating, but what can you do.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
englism wrote:
Got an interview invite this morning.

31/ M / International / 720 / 3.7 / Financial
Submitted right before the deadline for R2

I have a question here.
Is it safe to schedule the interview later this month? Or is it better to have the interview as early as possible? It looks I can choose between 9 and 31 of March.

if you're going to schedule the interview for later this month, definitely still reserve your spot now; i logged in a few days after my invite to schedule my interview and there were only 2 slots to choose from!

I got an interview invite on Feb 9 but the actual interview was the 25th, and I got in =) despite the late-ish interview date. I don't think it matters how late you schedule it, but obviously the sooner your interview the sooner you find out! good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
papito wrote:
I was waitlisted in R1 but was very surprised to receive an email today telling me I'm invited to interview as part of a special interview day for the NYU Stern Summer Start program on Mar 25 in NYC.

Did anyone else get this email?

No, but I am dying to get into summer start. That's definitely a good sign!! Did you by any chance have somewhat of a weak quant score on your GMAT or lack quantitative coursework? Because summer start I believe is typically for people who either A) could benefit from the additional quant coursework (which is probably where I fall) or B) demonstrate strong leadership skills who I guess are being "groomed" to take on a more active role at Stern and beyond in their careers.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  34   35   36   37   38   39   40  ...  54