Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:14 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 270 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: social enterprise
Schools:University of Michigan Ross/SNRE (Erb Institute)
 Q44  V47
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Re: ADMITTED ROSS CLASS 2012 [#permalink]
Hey can I get moved back to the regular thread, I don't think people know that there is a BSchool Life Thread!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
milias wrote:
I'll be going to the local meet-up thing for Ross admits in Boston. Not sure about GBR, though.

By the way, what's the attire for the local meet-ups? Business casual?

Hey I'm in boston right now, what's good to eat around here, I'm right next to BU and Fenway.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Kellogg, Ross, Stern-withdrew, Fuqua
Send PM
I'm in NY and unfortunately the local meet and women's brunch are on the same days as Fuqua's Blue Devil Weekend, so I will be missing out on that. But I am for sure going to GBR-looking into flights as we speak :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Ross (R2), Fuqua (R2), Sloan (R2), LBS (R2)
Send PM
GoBruins, thanks for starting this thread.

International here.

Going to local meet at Beijing! Anybody in this side of the world?

Not sure about GBR since that is at least 2K USD for the flight and hotel.

Housing - was thinking about this. It might be hard for me to find housing before August. Hopefully, there would still be good cheap housing then. How do you guys plan to arrange your housing? Any internationals in the same predicament? Anyone looking to share an apartment?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
milias wrote:
I'll be going to the local meet-up thing for Ross admits in Boston. Not sure about GBR, though.

Hey I'm in boston right now, what's good to eat around here, I'm right next to BU and Fenway.

go to north end if you can, the BEST Italian food in the whole country in my opinion! :D It's a fun neighborhood too!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Sustainable Enterprise & Operations
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q48  V32 GMAT 2: 710  Q49  V38
WE 1: Consumer Goods / IT
WE 2: Retail / Logistics
Send PM
Hey Guys,

I wont be able to go for the GBR, but if anyone wants to meet up in Delhi between the 4th and 9th of April or in Atlanta, that would be fantastic. PM me if anyone is interested.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Im attending the meet in NY, but probably not going to GBR. Although it would be nice to meet my fellow classmates, I can not justify taking 2 days off work. I would have gone if it was on the weekend though.
Current Student
 Q44  V47
Send PM
Have you guys checked out our options for M-Treks (mtrek.org)? They sound pretty awesome.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
milias wrote:

Hey, sorry if this is too late. But there're plenty of places to go in Boston. I usually take people to the Union Oyster House, and there's a ton of restaurants at Faneuil Hall. Blue Ribbon BBQ is also really good, but it's in Newton, so it might be a bit too far. Anyway, enjoy your stay in Boston and watch out for the bad drivers!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
conmisdosmanos wrote:
Have you guys checked out our options for M-Treks (mtrek.org)? They sound pretty awesome.

Which one are you thinking of? I'm looking at the Barcelona, Peru (although that one's a little too laid back for me) and Iceland options. Puerto Rico is so much cheaper and I really want to see the bioluminescent bay-but I feel like that's a trip I could take easily for spring break.

I was disappointed to see that there wasn't a China or India option for Asia-it looks like there's a lot of overlap for those trips.
Current Student
 Q44  V47
Send PM
anu1979 wrote:
conmisdosmanos wrote:

Which one are you thinking of? I'm looking at the Barcelona, Peru (although that one's a little too laid back for me) and Iceland options. Puerto Rico is so much cheaper and I really want to see the bioluminescent bay-but I feel like that's a trip I could take easily for spring break.

I was disappointed to see that there wasn't a China or India option for Asia-it looks like there's a lot of overlap for those trips.

I have to decide how extravagant I'm feeling (or maybe how much I can literally afford...). I'm looking at South Africa, Thailand/Laos (I wish there were more Asia options also, but I think this one sounds most interesting), Iceland (if I can actually get back into shape). My cheap options are Puerto Rico and Croatia.

I'm trying to differentiate between places I would rather see myself, unorganized and on the cheap, and things I feel I probably wouldn't do alone.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Energy, Analytical Finance, Strategy
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Send PM
I'm planning on attending the local LA meet-up.

GoBruins, if you like lobster, Yankee Lobster is no frills, but pretty cheap.
Current Student
Send PM
conmisdosmanos wrote:
anu1979 wrote:
conmisdosmanos wrote:

I'm trying to differentiate between places I would rather see myself, unorganized and on the cheap, and things I feel I probably wouldn't do alone.

I'm also battling wanting to do something on the cheap vs the type of place I wouldn't go alone (or that I would, but won't because my parents would have a fullscale meltdown). I would say the two places I'm keen on but probably would not bother doing alone would be Iceland (sounds like an amazing bonding opportunity) and Israel (the type of place my parents would take the vapours over).

I think the Israel trip is really good value for the money-it's the longest and I think the ticket prices they quoted are a little inflated because I would probably fly out of the East Coast rather than trekking to Detroit and flying out of there. But for that one I'd prefer to get to Israel a few days early and go see Petra. It seems like a shame not to get that in if I'm in the area-but again, that would depend on convincing some other people to go with me because my mom would take to her bed in some Victorian fashion if I tried to sashay my way around Israel alone.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Energy, Analytical Finance, Strategy
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Send PM
Personally, I think the Iceland M-trek trip sounds the best. I've heard from people Iceland is a REALLY fun place to go out, and the trip also has many adventure-type activities.
Current Student
 Q44  V47
Send PM
anu1979 wrote:

I think the Israel trip is really good value for the money-it's the longest and I think the ticket prices they quoted are a little inflated because I would probably fly out of the East Coast rather than trekking to Detroit and flying out of there. But for that one I'd prefer to get to Israel a few days early and go see Petra. It seems like a shame not to get that in if I'm in the area-but again, that would depend on convincing some other people to go with me because my mom would take to her bed in some Victorian fashion if I tried to sashay my way around Israel alone.

HA. And that brings up another point - I assume we meet at our destination rather than prior? So I guess if you play your cards right, you could do your solo travel early and then meet up with your M-Trek. Interesting...
Current Student
Send PM
Yeah, unlike the Booth pre-enrollment trips, you're not expected to be on the same plane. I guess because people have points they want to use for tickets and such. So you can go ahead of time and then meet up with the trekkers on the assigned date.

If I did the Spain trip, I'd probably fly into Madrid, see Toledo-Cordoba-Seville, then fly up to Barcelona. But on the whole, I think of Europe as the type of destination I'd be more willing to do when I am beautiful-dirty-rich and wearing orthopaedic shoes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q49
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Does anyone know how big of a deal it is if you decide not to do an Mtrek? I have some conflicts with all of the dates associated with the Mtreks and so I don't think I'll be able to make it. At the same time I don't want to show up on day one and find that everyone already knows each other because of the Mtrek experience. This might not be the right forum since everyone on here is a new admit but thought I throw the question out there and see what the responses are.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts