Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:30 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Kellogg,Columbia,Duke, Wharton,Cornell,NYU,Ross
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Business Administration & Economics
Schools:Wharton (R1 WL), Booth (R1 WL, R2 accepted), Duke (R1 accedpted), Kellogg (Ding w/IV), Columbia (Ding w/o IV), LBS (R2 app)
 Q48  V38
GPA: 3.0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Kellogg,Columbia,Duke, Wharton,Cornell,NYU,Ross
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink]
MatthewF wrote:
When do they announce waitlist decisions? Thank you.

Based on this it looks like it will start on Thurs. Makes sense for them to wait because if they admit someone and they say "thanks, but I already got into the University of Tampa and am totally going there since it's warm and I am a huge Tampa Bay Devil Rays fan," then they won't waitlist a person that was borderline, they'll probably just admit them.

Count below is revised...
Here are the stats from R1,
(Week 1, Mon: 12/7) Admit: 1, Ding: 3, WL: 0 %Total_Admitted: 4%
(Week 1, Tues: 12/8) Admit: 2, Ding: 1, WL: 0 %Total_Admitted: 12%
(Week 1, Wed: 12/9) Admit: 5, Ding: 7, WL: 0 %Total_Admitted: 31%
(Week 1, Thurs: 12/10) Admit: 5, Ding: 9, WL: 0 %Total_Admitted: 50% --HALFWAY MARK
(Week 1, Fri: 12/11) Admit: 0, Ding: 3, WL: 0 %Total_Admitted: 50%
(Week 2, Mon: 12/14) Admit: 6, Ding: 5, WL: 0 %Total_Admitted: 73%
(Week 2, Tues: 12/15) Admit: 3, Ding: 5, WL: 0 %Total_Admitted: 85%
(Week 2, Wed: 12/16) Admit: 0, Ding: 0, WL: 0 %Total_Admitted: 85%
(Week 2, Thurs: 12/17) Admit: 0, Ding: 0, WL: 7 %Total_Admitted: 85%
(Week 2, Fri: 12/18) Admit: 2, Ding: 1, WL: 3 %Total_Admitted: 92%
(From 12/18 to 1/11 Admit: 2, Ding: 1, WL: 2 %Total_Admitted: 100%
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
yeah i was expecting more today, i'm hoping for WL now.. How long do WL have to wait???
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:MIT
 Q50  V46
Send PM
mbaaddiction wrote:
Dorset2010 wrote:
Everyone should chill a bit with the methodology specualtion. I was out Saturday night with a friend who was a Kellogg student reader last year. The way this works is that everyone has a cubby with your app in it. When the student readers feel like it over this three week window they will randomly select apps and start to go through them. They then pass them on to the official adcom and decisions are made. GMAT, WE, interview timing, etc. have nothing to do with it. It is random.

Did you friend say how many calls they make for acceptances and dings per day?

Sounds bogus to me?
Kellogg uses student readers? I thought all apps were handled only by Adcom at Kellogg.
Manager
Manager
Schools:HBS, Booth, Stern, Kellogg
 Q42  V48
Send PM
i'm pretty sure no news is good news for everyone still waiting (including me!) ... keep the faith!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I don't think it is fair to assume that R2 decisions will follow the exact same course as R1. R2 is considerably larger than R1 and, at this point, there is probably more "shaping" of the class (e.g., in terms of mix of banking, consulting, corporate, etc.).

My guess is that decisions take a bit longer to roll out for R2.

Any thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Schools:HBS, Booth, Stern, Kellogg
 Q42  V48
Send PM
MatthewF wrote:
I don't think it is fair to assume that R2 decisions will follow the exact same course as R1. R2 is considerably larger than R1 and, at this point, there is probably more "shaping" of the class (e.g., in terms of mix of banking, consulting, corporate, etc.).

My guess is that decisions take a bit longer to roll out for R2.

Any thoughts?

Just from general browsing, people were receiving admits up until March 30th last year for R2 ... And the R1 people last year received quite a few admits in the last two days. I'd rather have nothing than a ding in my inbox at this point :) Ignorance is bliss!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Latest count, 22 admits, 30 dings, and 77TBDs =129 total applicants.
so far, 17% admit rate
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
here's some reading material to pass the time
https://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... ries_ssi_5
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gmatbschool wrote:
mbaaddiction wrote:
Dorset2010 wrote:
Everyone should chill a bit with the methodology specualtion. I was out Saturday night with a friend who was a Kellogg student reader last year. The way this works is that everyone has a cubby with your app in it. When the student readers feel like it over this three week window they will randomly select apps and start to go through them. They then pass them on to the official adcom and decisions are made. GMAT, WE, interview timing, etc. have nothing to do with it. It is random.

Did you friend say how many calls they make for acceptances and dings per day?

Sounds bogus to me?
Kellogg uses student readers? I thought all apps were handled only by Adcom at Kellogg.

Not bogus. I have two friends at Kellogg now and two who are just out. They all know people who are student readers, which makes perfect sense based on Kellogg's emphasis on fit. But think what you like.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I too have read about this everywhere, I thought this was common knowledge. Why do you think they ask you to "Assume you are evaluating your application from the perspective of a student member of the Kellogg Admissions Committee." It is first read by a student and then passed on...
Intern
Intern
Schools:LBS(R2) Interview, Kellogg(R2) Admit
WE 1: Hi-Tech
Send PM
hankpunk wrote:
so far, 17% admit rate

Your post has given me another reason to hold on to my faith!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Will weekend MBA be considered here?
I am waiting for decision for last 2 weeks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For the rollcall, Dinged on Friday. Congrats to all admits and best of luck to all the people still waiting.
Does Kellogg have different versions of ding letters or one common letter for everybody?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Kellogg class of 2011 (1Y Program)
 Q49  V39
Send PM
hankpunk wrote:
so far, 17% admit rate

Firstly - Thanks a ton for compling the stats. Its a thankless job, but kudos to you.

Now I strongly believe that none of this matters as everything think is truly "random". However, this is great to keep us busy and intrigued as we wait for the decision..So in the same spirit let me add my questions to the stats :-D

1. We should keep in mind that in comparing past round or past year stats with this year we are inherently assuming that GC has a similar quantity and quality of applicant representation. No reason for me to not believe it, but no reason to believe it either. But lets go with it being true for now. Then why is the acceptance ratio at 20%-30% versus ~10% per the Kellogg stats?

2. I think for R2, it is important to know what percentage of applicant on GC have been rendered a decision? I say this coz it seems we are assuming that majority of invites have gone out based on R1. But if i see R1, very few decisions (admits, dings or WL) were released after a week and half. I dont think we are at the same level of decision rendered percentage in round 2 yet?

Just some food for thought..the result will come before 29th and it will be wat it has to be!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Enterpreneurship, Finance
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2013
 Q51  V44
GPA: 7.51
WE 1: 5 year in Energy
Send PM
PleaseOhPlease wrote:
bschbound wrote:
shana22 wrote:

I am 100% sure of this answer. You must have your official scores sent to Kellogg before your application is considered complete. Because there can be a delay in pairing applications with official scores, Kellogg offers the opportunity for candidates to streamline the process by attaching a copy of their official scores to their applications. This last part is optional, and seems to cause a lot of confusion, but has nothing to do with whether or not Kellogg needs official scores.

MODERATOR: You do not need to submit OFFICIAL scores until after you are admitted. Self-reporting is fine. This post is wrong. Please try to relax everyone!

monkbent, Kellogg 2011

Guys, I am a R1 applicant, still lurking in WL. I also had the same doubt and since no one could clear it for me in a convincing manner, I approached the admission office, where they confirmed that we are required to submit official scores for them to take decisions on our application.

As far as WL goes, I am in there since mid-Dec 09 and no news yet. Sent updates only once and I am yet to hear anything from them. I am really surprised how they can keep someone in a limbo for so long.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Send PM
"Please note, an application with no self-reported GMAT score will be considered incomplete until the score is received and will likely result in a delayed notification decision after the designated application deadline."

From the Kellogg website (https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/Pro ... nents.aspx), emphasis mine.

A self-reported score is sufficient for an acceptance decision. An official score will be required before matriculation.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone from India got any status updates till date? (R2)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  105   106   107   108   109  ...  136   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts