Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 224 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 1357 [0]
Given Kudos: 334
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
Schools:University of Warwick
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: GMAT Diagnostic Test - Quest for Best GMAT Diagnostic Test [#permalink]
this is just super fantastic.
I have been on this forum for quite some time now and was thinking why don't they have a diagnostic or something.
bingo....

thank you so much
lets see how i fair
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Thanks thanks and thanks again...

hoping to make the best use of this opprtunity :-D
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Agree, what kind of diagnistic would you like?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Ugh, are these questions harder than the OGB 12th edition? I am getting about half wrong. :(

No real distinction between difficulties either. I error on the same number of 600 q's as I do for the 750 q's.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72880 [0]
Given Kudos: 18866
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks for the feedback.
If you feel they are not representative or categorized, please rate/comment on each of the question threads. Would be helpful!
CIO
CIO
Yes, these questions must be more difficult than those in OG books. This test is designed to help you identify your currently weak areas. Once you know your weaknesses you should study the fundamental concepts and then take practice questions again. You should be able to separate careless mistakes from the conceptual mistakes you make. You should start using an error log if you haven't yet. Error log helps to track down your problematic areas.

Here's a thread that will help you to get started with preparation:
new-to-the-math-forum-please-read-this-first-77764.html

I hope it helps you on your GMAT jouney :).

Exellon wrote:
Ugh, are these questions harder than the OGB 12th edition? I am getting about half wrong. :(

No real distinction between difficulties either. I error on the same number of 600 q's as I do for the 750 q's.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Thanks! This forum is truly excellent.

I may look at getting the MGMAT quant books since I'm lacking conceptual shortcuts to tackle many questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Harder than problems I've seen/been working on- thanks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Gr8 format and questions.. love the Diagnostic Test Answer sheet patter. Its so helpful with the graphs and stuff, you know what are you weak points.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
To all forum moderators:
I have been a silent admirer of this forum for about 4 yrs and recommended this to a lot of GMAT aspirants but I could not use it as much as my friends did :). Just want to appreciate all your efforts.

Regarding the diagnostic test, I have been refreshing my Math skills and feel I am still few days to a week away from it. Do you think I am ready to take the test or to really diagnose where I stand, I should take it after I am OK with my Math skills?

Thanks.
CIO
CIO
Thank you for all the kind words!

I think it is a good idea to use this diagnostic test whenever you begin to prepare for the Math part of the GMAT. This test will help you identify your weak areas. After you do so, you can focus on these weak spots rather than refreshing all Math concepts.

Just my 2 cents :).
araon wrote:
To all forum moderators:
I have been a silent admirer of this forum for about 4 yrs and recommended this to a lot of GMAT aspirants but I could not use it as much as my friends did :). Just want to appreciate all your efforts.

Regarding the diagnostic test, I have been refreshing my Math skills and feel I am still few days to a week away from it. Do you think I am ready to take the test or to really diagnose where I stand, I should take it after I am OK with my Math skills?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Hello, thanks for all the hard work on this great Diagnostic Test!

I've just posted corrections for about 8 questions. Please update the PDF accordingly to make this diagnostic test much tighter and feasible (badly-worded questions take a lot more than 2 minutes to make sense out of).

I think another way in which this test could be improved is by actually testing how much time it takes to solve them. These problems mostly tend to take at least 2 minutes each, so I don't think it's possible to do all 45 in 90 minutes.

Maybe you should turn this into an untimed diagnostic test, just like in the Official Guide.

Great work, keep it up!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I took this the other day and the format/interface is similar to the actual GMAT - some of the questions were hard but I think this is good practice for the actual GMAT. I was expecting a verbal section, but that's OK! Words are words. Haha, jk.

Thanks bb!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi there,
Just a general question for everybody. I just gave the free practice test. Q25/V06. I got 18 Q's right on the quant (couldnt finish last 5 q on time) and 28 correct on the verbal which is pretty good I think (approx eual to V35+). But my percentile is like 20/18. How is that possible. I have been constantly scoring 650-700 in MGMAT tests. So does that mean that 80% of the people taking these tests are above that range? Or is that some people take the test over and over till they get everything correct (timed and untimed)? Is the calculation of percentile correct? Could I please get an explanation?
CIO
CIO
Are you talking about our GMAT Club Tests? If so, our percentiles are not a good indicator of a real GMAT percentiles because our test taker population is very different from that of the real GMAT test. Some people also might have taken theses tests in an untimed mode.

Just don't concentrate on the percentile scores too much. Learn your mistakes and don't do them again :).
achellappa wrote:
Hi there,
Just a general question for everybody. I just gave the free practice test. Q25/V06. I got 18 Q's right on the quant (couldnt finish last 5 q on time) and 28 correct on the verbal which is pretty good I think (approx eual to V35+). But my percentile is like 20/18. How is that possible. I have been constantly scoring 650-700 in MGMAT tests. So does that mean that 80% of the people taking these tests are above that range? Or is that some people take the test over and over till they get everything correct (timed and untimed)? Is the calculation of percentile correct? Could I please get an explanation?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks a lot . :-D... i just got to know about this site and started browsing it.... it's really good... i am about to take my first GMAT diagnostic test that I just downloaded.....
CIO
CIO
Welcome to the Club!

Good luck with your GMAT Prep!
icivio wrote:
thanks a lot . :-D... i just got to know about this site and started browsing it.... it's really good... i am about to take my first GMAT diagnostic test that I just downloaded.....
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12