Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:53 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Mellon, USC, MIT, UCLA, NSCU
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Mellon, USC, MIT, UCLA, NSCU
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Re: GMAT Club Tests: How do you review? [#permalink]
best of luck/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Keeping a log of your errors is a very good idea.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I ll take the GMAT in April :-D
have done GMAT Prep- but only quantitative - i ve got 300(
Is that bad? i have 2 books OG and Kaplan. Is the questions from Kaplan easier?
Thanks=)
is the disc,GMAT Prep, that i ve get today the same as the program on MBA website?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1145 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Maritime Financial Services
Schools:Columbia, INSEAD, RSM, LBS
 Q49  V36 GMAT 2: 720  Q48  V41
Send PM
hi,
I am new to this forum or so to say have come here after a long while.On my first attemp at the real GMAT i got a 690 ( 48 Q ) and would like to improve so am back to the basics. How would you guys rate the GMATclub tests and any specific study technics are welcomed..I NEED HELP !!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
i did two of the math tests on the GMAT club. i only got 23 out 37 on both of the tests. i was disappointed and frustrated. i made some stupid mistakes, but i found some of questions were hard. i wonder if anyone gets 37 out of 37.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72864 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
tt11234 wrote:
i did two of the math tests on the GMAT club. i only got 23 out 37 on both of the tests. i was disappointed and frustrated. i made some stupid mistakes, but i found some of questions were hard. i wonder if anyone gets 37 out of 37.

Which tests did you do? Did you see a percentile ranking at the end?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
i did the first 2 math tests. the percentile was 27% for the first one and 14% for the second one. that's super low! btw, how are the percentiles calculated?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm actually glad I scored this poorly on the first challenge. I'm going to cut out these mistakes and watch my score climb.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Dear Folks,

A couple of questions please:

1) How much time should we give studying and building a solid foundation before starting practicing these tests?

2) How many posts are necessary to be able to have these tests for free? PS: I am not sure if there is any such scheme but someone told me about it so I thought it would be appropriate to ask this question.

3) After completing a practice test, we would definitely find our weak areas. How much practice would it usually require to plug in the deficiencies before starting a new practice test.

Regards
Farukh
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am trying to get my 250 quality posts so I can get the challenges! Wow, a 42 to a 48 is a nice improvement and one that I would like to make as well. I am at a 42Q on GMAT Prep. Ive heard that the challenges are mainly for the 47+ level trying to get to the 50+. What do you think of that lanter1?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jingy77 wrote:
I am trying to get my 250 quality posts so I can get the challenges! Wow, a 42 to a 48 is a nice improvement and one that I would like to make as well. I am at a 42Q on GMAT Prep. Ive heard that the challenges are mainly for the 47+ level trying to get to the 50+. What do you think of that lanter1?

I think that It's very difficult.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Concentration: Strategy - Renewable Energy
Schools:Kellog, Haas, Ross, Yale
 Q49  V38
WE 1: R&D - Product Design
WE 2: EPC
Send PM
Kudos
I completed all of the GMAT Club tests over a span of 2 weeks prior to my exam. The questions were fair and representative to a certain extent. I found that on the test there were more "applied" math problems. We are used to the speed, rate, work problems but I had two questions dealing with volume & density and another dealing with electrical power. Pretty straight forward stuff but it threw me for a loop and I ended up messing up all three questions (first three questions of the damn test!). Hence the 49.

Thinking about buying...

I would recommend this to everyone but only after you build up a very solid math foundation. It's one thing to understand how to do every type of math question but its a totally different thing to handle hard question after hard question in a timely manner. The GMAT will continue to give you time consuming and tricky questions if you continue to perform well. The GMAT Club tests represent this aspect of the test well. So if you are scoring high on the practice tests or know your math very well, buy these tests. If not, keep working away on math problems until you are scoring high in practice (untimed).

The questions are very representative. After completing all of the tests I found some of the harder concepts like probability and inequalities to be much easier. I noticed the variation in question types and the tricks and pitfalls in both types of math questions. Data Sufficiency also turned into a strength and problem solving questions became "gimmies"

Sample Scores

m01: you answered correctly 30 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m01 is 75.5%
m02: you answered correctly 34 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m02 is 93.1%
m03: you answered correctly 30 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m03 is 79.3%
m04: you answered correctly 32 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m04 is 84.9%
m05: you answered correctly 34 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m05 is 96.0%
m06: you answered correctly 35 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m06 is 97.4%
m07: you answered correctly 36 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m07 is 98.5%
m08: you answered correctly 35 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m08 is 97.2%
m09: you answered correctly 34 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m09 is 95.0%
m10: you answered correctly 31 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m10 is 85.1% (late night)
m11: you answered correctly 34 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m11 is 92.5%
m12: you answered correctly 34 out of 37 questions; your percentile on test m12 is 94.5%
so and so forth...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
it's hard to stay "positive" when you do the GMAT CLUB practices...lol..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Gmat club maths tests are simply awesome. These tests really take score to 49+ level.
However, I would suggest gmatclub quant test makers to include following concepts.
1. Interest calculations - I don't remember doing atleast one problem on these concepts. But, GMATPrep and real-GMAT are most likely to give problems on these concepts.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Penn State (Admit and Matriculating), Simon (R3-WL), Rady (R2-Admit w/$), Merage (R2-Ding w/o Interview), Rutgers (R2-Admit)
 Q45  V35
WE 1: Photo USA
WE 2: ASUS Computer International
WE 3: Cavium Networks
Send PM
I went through all the verbal and some of the math tests. Definitely challenging.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 759 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
One word decribes everything about gmatclub test : "challenging"!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 2: 690
Send PM
Great
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderator: