Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:07 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:LBS
 Q46  V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2011 [#permalink]
@nmn

yeah..last time at the time of interview invites nezhmet became a victim of a 'technical glitch' and got his mail on Monday..! ...That kinda sucks ..and spoils ur weekend thinking that it is a ding ;P
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
It's funny... we are all online! lol! MBAs students have received emails at 10-11pm!!! :O OMG, I'm so nervous, I want it to be over already! :P
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
OH MY GODDDDDDD!!!

Following your interview and final review of your application, the Admissions Committee is absolutely delighted to offer you a place on the Class of 2011 of the London Business School Masters in Management (MiM) programme, starting in September 2010.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I just got my offer! Good luck to everyone else.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@KAS and kitsune

Congratulations !! :)

I made it too !!!....Looking forward to cya all at L B (Ye) SSSSS !!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@ Kitsune, KAS & Voodoo: Congratulations!!

I also just received an offer. So incredibly happy!!!! London here we come.
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
See you in September KAS1986, Voodoo and nmn!!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!! :D Hopefully we will ALL make it! :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hey guys,

Just got the dreaded WL mail. Dont know what to say further at this point. :|

But hey congratulations to all those who have got in. You guys really deserved it!!!
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
@sgrssr,

Sorry to hear that! :( I thought your profile was similar to mine but stronger (Engineering, around 1 year of WE) but you got a much higher GMAT score! Where are you from? I played the Canarian + Gay card A LOT, as they want diversity... You might hate the positive discrimination right now! :( Hopefully you would be admitted in the following rounds! Keep us posted!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats to everyone who was accepted!

I received an odd email requesting a follow-up interview with the Executive Director! Since I just had my interview this Monday, apparently there are some points they need to clarify about my application before they can make a final decision. KAS1986, I'm assuming that this is similar to what you received earlier (PM me if you prefer). Could you perhaps give me some advice about what to expect and how to prepare for this? I'm quite bummed out since I was expecting a decision by today! :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@ anner (and anyone else in this situation)

That's exactly the e-mail I received. I was told that my interviewer did not provide the type of information they usually get from interviews (or not enough info). In my case this was information about my work experience background, so all of my questions were about that. I was asked for a lot of specifics about my career goals. She really wanted to know my plan for finding a job after graduation, my networking skills, and what companies I would target, because media does not have a typical recruitment style. She even asked me if I'd be willing to work at certain companies that LBS alumni and school board members already work at. I really had to sell her on my pre existing contacts and that I knew how to leverage the LBS name, alumni network and social clubs in order to network and get a job. If you're in a similar situation, I would come up with a job search plan that's tailored to your own field. And also take the opportunity to ask MiM specific questions that your interviewer couldn't answer.

Here's something interesting for everyone: When I spoke to the Executive Director she said that our CVs have already been sent to the Career Center. And with a whole term left 50% of the current class already has job offers. Industry and Media have yet to start recruiting but if people in banking already have offers that bodes well for everyone else :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone! I just found out I was admitted to the program through r3 a few hours ago! The news made my day and I'm so excited to find this thread =)

here's a little info about myself:
22/F/HK studying in the US
BAs Economics, Psychology
GPA 3.6
GMAT 690

to all the MiM admits: do you plan to accept the offer? If so, why?
Also, does anyone know if it's possible for MiM graduates to apply for MBAs? I feel that LBS' MiM is pretty similar to it's 1st year MBA and would like to know if I have the option to go for MBAs later in life.

I'm still waiting to hear from LSE Management, Organization, & Governance & Oxford MFE, so any info/opinions about those programs would also be appreciated.

Thank you!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey everyone,
Congrats on all of the offers! I also got the offer around 2pm eastern time. Really happy and takes a huge load off. Now I need to decide whether to accept my LSE or LBS offers.
Gluck to Anner and KAS in the follow up interview. Go blow them away!
It's also encouraging to hear about the job prospects for the current MiM class. I also read that starting salary for a LSE MiM graduate is about 71000USD. I would assume LBS' program is very similar.
Yogotiger
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@ lsl2125

I will definitely be accepting my offer to LBS. My outlook/goals may be a little bit different from yours, but here are my reasons for choosing the MiM over other programs:

1. It's a one year program (at 23 I want to get into the working world asap).
2. It's in London. Having lived there before, I'm anxious to return and take advantage of all that the city offers as well as the post study visa.
3. I did some research into LSE and decided not to apply because I heard that the program was much more theoretical. We all have great undergrad educations and are very intelligent. Theories will only get you so far. During undergrad I spent 3.5 years taking courses and learning the necessary skills for my field. I spent my last semester interning in Los Angeles, taking industry specific business courses, meeting industry leaders, visiting work sites, and learning valuable skills such as networking, jargon, legal aspects, etc. Although the academic foundation I received was helpful, I learned more in this one semester of hands on work and practical instruction than I did in three years of classes that focused on theoretical aspects. I had the connections to find the job listings that were only advertised by word of mouth, enabling me to get interviews without any problem, while others struggle to even get that far. I feel that LBS has a much more practical approach than other schools. There are many people out there looking for jobs with a quality school name and education behind them but who flounder when put in real work environments, especially when things don't go as planned. Learning out of a textbook only gets you so far. Between the career center, brand name, alumni network, social scene and emphasis on practical as well as theoretical business skills, I feel LBS is the perfect fit for me. LBS's MBA program is also ranked very highly and filled with exceptional people. The social scene and small size of the school allows us to form relationships with those MBA students who will soon be in a position to hire us (or have contacts that already are). Keep in mind that I do not come from a management background, so the content of any management course would be new to me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just to add a bit more about LSE. It offers an optional study exchange to a CEMS school as well as a 10-week internship, so there is also a fair bit of practical skills gained there. Coming from a engineering background, this may be more beneficial to me than some others. Therefore, I'm really torn between these two schools. What KAS said about LBS is true and is such a huge opportunity cost if I choose LSE.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was wondering if anyone knows whether these LBS offers are conditional or unconditional? My LSE offer came with challenging conditions. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@KAS1986
Thanks for the thoughtful response, I really appreciate it =)
so do you plan to work in London upon graduation? I heard LBS doesn't offer that many opportunities in the US, and I wonder if that's still the case
Given the reputation of LBS' MBA program, I've also heard some concerns about the MiM being overshadowed by the MBA, esp since it's such a new program. To me, it seems to be a pretty valid concern, at least to some extend. I live in New York and was a little surprised to find out that I had to go to Boston for the LBS interview. When I told my interviewer about it (who's a MBA alum), he said that's b/c many alum felt unsure about the MiM program and hesitated to volunteer as interviewers.
Last but not least, I still wonder if I'll have the option to go for a MBA as a MiM graduate. While the two programs offer some similar courses, it's quite important for me to know that I will be able to use a MBA to make a career change (or what not) when I need to later in life.

@Yogotiger
do you mean LSE's MSc International Management IMEX? I thought that's the only management program at LSE that has the study exchange, please do correct me if I'm wrong
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  24   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts