Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:39 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: ESADE Business School [#permalink]
Hi guys,

Just received an admit from ESADE for full time MBA. My brief profile is given below.

GMAT 660(Q=47,V=34) AWA=5.0

30/M/Indian-based in UK for past 6.5 years in Telecommunications.

Had a great interview ,was more of a discussion and the admission reps were friendly and kind,unlike others I met at MBA fairs.

Hope to see you all in september.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Product Management (Mutual Funds)
Schools:ESADE, IESE, INSEAD, IVEY, QUEENS
WE 1: 5.5 yrs
Send PM
feel wrote:
adnanhaque wrote:
Hey everyone,

I received my acceptance to ESADE MBA Full Time English Track yesterday. I met Cristina during her NA trip and the interview went extremely well. Congratulations to everyone else that has been accepted and best of luck to those that are still applying or waiting for a decision.

I'm looking forward to moving from Toronto to Barcelona this summer. This forum is great and I'd love to hear more about everyone's experiences as my experience so far has been great. :-D

Best,
Adnan

Hi Adnanhaque

i read that you are ready to move from toronto to barcelona for Esade so you are the right person to ask you how well known is Esade in Canada. I mean, I am planning to prepare my application to Esade ( my goal would be to apply in may for the last round,i understand i am late . What do you suggest? I'm already 32, 7 years work exp in small financial asset management companies in Italy, Gmat 720, i do not want to wait another year for my mba) and, as it could be possible for me in the future to move to Canada for personal reasons, i am looking for an Mba widely recognized there ; i do not think it is a good idea to choose a canadian mba as i am still not sure whether i will live in Canada.
Thanks

Hi feel?

Sorry for the delayed response. If you want to move to Canada upon graduation from an MBA, ESADE may not be the best school to attend. There's nothing wrong with ESADE as a school, actually I think its one of the best schools and I'll be starting in September!! But from personal experience, Canadian Financial Institutions aren't fully aware of the caliber of ESADE and the recruiting arms of these Canadian companies look primarily for local talent.

Someone I know graduated from ESADE in 2009, and even though the economy was not ideal, he struggled to find a job in Toronto. Many investment banks in Toronto took MBA grads from Wharton, Harverd first, then Rotman, Ivey, Queens, York, and I don't believe there were many hired from schools outside of North America. This may largely be because Canadian/American schools have a closer relationship with Canadian companies.

In summary, I believe you will have to do a lot of the leg work yourself. ESADE has deep relationships with European and International companies. Canadian Banks may be on the Career Services radar, but not a priority. To get an exceptional job in Canada, I would recommend an ivey league university in the US or Rotman, Ivey, Queens, York in Canada.

Best of luck!
Adnan
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business
Schools:ESADE, THUNDERBIRD, EMLYON, IVEY, SMURFIT
 Q43  V23 GMAT 2: 650  Q47  V32
GPA: 4.45
WE 1: ESADE
Send PM
Hi guys, I am new here, :lol:

I applied for the ESADE Bilingual Track, I am having the phone interview tomorrow, I am quite nervous :( .

Anyone here applied for the same track as I did?

I did not apply for many schools because I wanted to focus on my application, kind a rolling basis. :D

Regards,

Mai Viet Dung
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all, my name is Aoife and I work in the MBA Office at ESADE as Community Manager. If you are interested in any more info on courses or need to talk to anyone about what to expect when you arrive here, drop me a line here, on Twitter (theesademba) or Facebook (ESADE MBA/ ESADE BUSINESS SCHOOL MBA). (I am the person behind all these sites!!) Glad to hear lots of you are being accepted and I look forward to meeting you when you're here.

Barcelona's a cool city and is now getting beachy!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone,
I had my interview with ESADE and should know by the end of this week on my status.

I'm F/29/ from Canada. Any idea how long the student VISA process takes? I'm a little concerned since I'm going away for vacation June 19, back on July 13th, then classes start August 23rd. If I have all my documentation by, say, May 25th, will everything be ready by June 19th?

Originally posted by cptoronto on 19 May 2010, 05:32.
Last edited by cptoronto on 19 May 2010, 05:50, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy management
Schools:ESADE, IESE, HEC
 Q47  V31
GPA: 3.21
Send PM
Hi CP

Usually it is assumed that the Visa process should last no more than 5 weeks...but again it depends from country to country..so maybe the process is faster in canada.

Good luck with everything and see you in Barcelona.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys,

I just got an admit, so happy, but they said that they will send me a financial plan.

Have any one of u got any types of scholarship?
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V40
Send PM
maivietdung2002 wrote:
Guys,

I just got an admit, so happy, but they said that they will send me a financial plan.

Well done ! Can I ask you when have you sent your application and when have you had the interview? And how many weeks they gave you to secure your place?

Would you suggest Esade onlyfor industry or do you think they are strong enough in accounting and finance altough it is more known for marketing?
thank you for your reply!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
feel wrote:
maivietdung2002 wrote:
Guys,

Well done ! Can I ask you when have you sent your application and when have you had the interview? And how many weeks they gave you to secure your place?

Would you suggest Esade onlyfor industry or do you think they are strong enough in accounting and finance altough it is more known for marketing?
thank you for your reply!

Well, I chose ESADE because they are strong in Marketing & International Business and I am also interested in their Bilingual MBA Course which I have not found a second one in FT, maybe somebody else can advise you better on Accounting & Finance. :)
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Well, I chose ESADE because they are strong in Marketing & International Business and I am also interested in their Bilingual MBA Course which I have not found a second one in FT, maybe somebody else can advise you better on Accounting & Finance. :)[/quote]

thanks ! you chose one of the best business schools in Europe.

If you do not mind, can I ask you how long the whole application process lasted,from interview to notification?

Have a good day
Intern
Intern
Send PM
feel wrote:
Well, I chose ESADE because they are strong in Marketing & International Business and I am also interested in their Bilingual MBA Course which I have not found a second one in FT, maybe somebody else can advise you better on Accounting & Finance. :)

thanks ! you chose one of the best business schools in Europe.

If you do not mind, can I ask you how long the whole application process lasted,from interview to notification?

Have a good day[/quote]

because I am rushing for my trip tomorrow to Myanmar and I have told Mary Granger, the associate director, in my interview that I could not be able to have access to Internet in 10 days time. So i think she helped me to push for the result in just 3 days.

I actually applied sometimes in January but I think I was in the waiting list because my first GMAT score was bad.
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V31
Send PM
hi maivietdung

are you from somewhere in southeastasia?..from your display name i am guessing vietnam...I am currently living in bangkok..though i am indian.

so you must be excited on getting admitted. congrats on that and see you soon in BCN..if you have plans to come to bangkok before july end ..let me know.

cheers!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bajargyan wrote:
hi maivietdung

are you from somewhere in southeastasia?..from your display name i am guessing vietnam...I am currently living in bangkok..though i am indian.

so you must be excited on getting admitted. congrats on that and see you soon in BCN..if you have plans to come to bangkok before july end ..let me know.

cheers!!

Hi Bajar,

Yeah I am a VIetnamese,

I sent my Financial Plan to them few days ago, hope it can be approved so I can go there. I would be very disappointed if I cannot make my dream come true just because I do not have enough money for my study :(.

I came back from Chiang Mai few weeks ago and I loved it but now I do not dare to go to Bangkok, NO OFFENSE, but it is quite dangerous now right there. I cancled all my plans.

Tell me if you come to Singapore or go to Vietnam. :D
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V31
Send PM
maivietdung2002 wrote:
Hi Bajar,

Yeah I am a VIetnamese,

I sent my Financial Plan to them few days ago, hope it can be approved so I can go there. I would be very disappointed if I cannot make my dream come true just because I do not have enough money for my study :(.

I came back from Chiang Mai few weeks ago and I loved it but now I do not dare to go to Bangkok, NO OFFENSE, but it is quite dangerous now right there. I cancled all my plans.

Tell me if you come to Singapore or go to Vietnam. :D

Hi maivet

the financial plan is only a small formality..apart from that i think getting the student loan is not tht difficult as most of the students take some loans...

I can understand why you hesitate to come to bangkok right now..but now the situation has improved a lot..weird how it gets lost in a matter of days..but thts thailand..

I have no plans of going to s'pore or vietnam as of now..saving money :P ... have you joined the facebook group " esade mba class of 2012" ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello to everybody,

I have been accepted at Esade for september 2010. I decided to create a facebook group for those who have been admitted or are planning to apply to the school.
Here is the link:
w w w. facebook. com/group.php?gid=121204374579323&ref=ts
(I am a new member here therefore I cannot post urls..)

If you decide to join the group we will discuss about classes, life in Barcelona, accommodation etc...
I hope to see you there
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V31
Send PM
macromarco wrote:
Hello to everybody,

I have been accepted at Esade for september 2010. I decided to create a facebook group for those who have been admitted or are planning to apply to the school.
Here is the link:
w w w. facebook. com/group.php?gid=121204374579323&ref=ts
(I am a new member here therefore I cannot post urls..)

If you decide to join the group we will discuss about classes, life in Barcelona, accommodation etc...
I hope to see you there

hi macromarco

There is already a Facebook group for incoming student.. please see the following link

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 455&ref=ts
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bajargyan wrote:

hi macromarco

There is already a Facebook group for incoming student.. please see the following link

Hello,

I didn't notice that there was already that group, will join immediately :) Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts