Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:50 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [6]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General, Luxury Goods Brand Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Carnegie Mellon Tepper (R2), Duke (R2), Notre Dame (R2), Georgetown (R2), UVA Darden (R2), USC (R2), Kellogg (R2)
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72864 [3]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [3]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:Carnegie Mellon Tepper (R2), Duke (R2), Notre Dame (R2), Georgetown (R2), UVA Darden (R2), USC (R2), Kellogg (R2)
Send PM
Re: Has anyone taken the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams [#permalink]
bb wrote:
Welcome to GMAT Club!

I would not get too concerned as you have a proven track record with the GMAT prep, which is the most accurate indicator. I have not seen Veritas scores for a little while, so may take a bit of time to find somebody in the same boat...

thanks for your reply/welcome!!

hopefully i will hear something from others who have taken the Veritas GMAT simulated tests though it seems a bit new too so maybe thats why not many have tried it out...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
quixx23 wrote:
calisnoopy wrote:
Also curious if anyone else has had experiences with Veritas Prep that they would like to share...and how accurate the Veritas Prep's GMAT Simulator CAT exams are???

I am taking my first GMAT practice test since my March 15th disaster...doing it on the Veritas Prep GMAT Simulator CAT exam #1 but would like to know how other people thought about the test itself and how it compared with their experiences in MGMAT and GMAT Prep etc :)

Hello!

We don't deliberately design the tests to be harder than the official GMAT (we believe the practice tests should be as close to the real deal as possible), but, anecdotally, our students report that they tend to do 20-30 points better on the official GMAT. That difference seems to be driven more by verbal than quant. So, I'm being a little fast and loose with the numbers now, but I would say that, if the total score difference is 30 points, maybe 10 points are coming from Quant and 20 from Verbal. (That's an average across thousands of students.)

Again, we do aim to make our practice tests as close to the real test as possible, and we make adjustments to them frequently. But, I'd say that they tend to be slightly harder than the real test, on average.

Scott

Hi Scott!!

I just took my first Veritas Simulated GMAT CAT test yesterday after starting this thread--to try it out and jump back into things since my March 15th official GMAT test...

Will post some comments/review on the exam in a little bit...

Thanks!
Cory
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Took the Veritas GMAT simulated CAT #1 test yesterday

610 34V/41Q

It's online, nothing to download...

Interface was okay, very white background, you can adjust the font size, has a timer that counts down at the top left corner and the problem number you are on at the top right corner

Overall Thoughts

-felt that the Math was a bit too easy, I've missed many more on MGMAT GMAT tests and scored higher on the Math section
-don't recall any exponent problems which i was surprised about
-data sufficiency problems didn't seem challenging enough
-Verbal seemed the most off
-near the tail end of my Verbal, i think i had about 7-8 SC problems straight which is unusual right?
-also the RC passages were very difficult to read, not in a challenging way but the subject matters were also off...philosophy and ethical issues...i didn't have a science RC passage

I think I'll stick to the MGMAT and GMAT Prep ones for now and if I run out will hit up the Kaplan 2009 CD for more testing...and also work on OG problems for math and verbal since I know verbal is the hardest to replicate questions on...
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72864 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Thanks for the feedback - i have added it the all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html thread

And here: https://gmatclub.com/reviews/?fl=menu
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi!

This is my first time posting, and I tried VEritas practice test and as I agreet with casnoopy's overview of the test.

calsnoopy: You may think I'm making this up, but I've been getting extremely similar grades as yours! Even the actual test's score! It's really frustrating to get a score way different from the scores you've been getting on the practice tests. Trust me, I know it... :wink:

So are you attending any prep currently? I'm planning to take a crash course, as I'm taking another test next month. Not sure which one would be worth the bang. I was planning to take the MGMAT, but it seems that I have to take the private tutoring, as they don't have any courses for such short period of time.

So how 's studying going? Did u decide to take the Veritas course?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Concentration: General
Schools:Kellogg
 Q50  V40
GPA: 7.7
WE 1: Engineer
Send PM
Kudos
Took Veritas Test Today. Got

650 33v/48q

I don't know how good representative is it of actual GMAT test. But I was expecting better score.

Explanation to some questions is not satisfactory.

Quant
1. Tony's Auto dealership

Verbal
1. CR- Meeting on environmental threats
SC- none of the options was satisfactory in many questions, leading to wrong answers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: ISB '16 (A$)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
hi,

I just took the veritas free test and got 760 (Q51,V46) .. i think it's quite accurate .. :)

[verits2][/verits2]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
jhkaas wrote:
hi,

I just took the veritas free test and got 760 (Q51,V46) .. i think it's quite accurate .. :)

Great score buddy :) .........I got 100 less :( 660(Q47,V37) ........

I got 49-50 in Quant in every test simulator I have tried till now ...think something is wrong with the scoring algorithm ......

Verbal questions also were easy compared to others (Kaplan, Princeton Review) ......but ultimately my scores didn't improve ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
vudsri000 wrote:
jhkaas wrote:
hi,

I got 49-50 in Quant in every test simulator I have tried till now ...think something is wrong with the scoring algorithm ......

Verbal questions also were easy compared to others (Kaplan, Princeton Review) ......but ultimately my scores didn't improve ;)

Thnx Vudsri ... just took the actual GMAT yesterday and got a score of 740 (Q50,V40) .. So, it's slightly less than the veritas test .. even from my experience i felt that veritas test was a bit easier than the actual GMAT .. however,GMATprep was the most accurate indicator (I got exactly 740 on GMATprep also) ... so,maybe you should take a GMATprep test and rely on that rather than on any other test,and if it's slightly less than the veritas score,you can be doubly sure about the accuracy of the GMATprep score :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
jhkaas wrote:
vudsri000 wrote:
jhkaas wrote:
hi,

Thnx Vudsri ... just took the actual GMAT yesterday and got a score of 740 (Q50,V40) .. So, it's slightly less than the veritas test .. even from my experience i felt that veritas test was a bit easier than the actual GMAT .. however,GMATprep was the most accurate indicator (I got exactly 740 on GMATprep also) ... so,maybe you should take a GMATprep test and rely on that rather than on any other test,and if it's slightly less than the veritas score,you can be doubly sure about the accuracy of the GMATprep score :)

On other hand, may be my veritas score is an anomaly ... dunno
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jhkaas wrote:

Am a little sorry for u not scoring 760 in actual GMAT but still happy that you got 740 (thats not bad either ) Congrats...........

Ya true we can't rely on any of these Test Simulators.....GMAT Prep is the closest approximation ........
Manager
Manager
Send PM
calisnoopy wrote:

2/11/10 Paper Test 14 660 37V/45Q

2/17/10 Paper Test 31 650 36V/44Q

2/22/10 Manhattan GMAT CAT#6 690 39V/45Q

2/24/10 Paper Test 28 670 38V/44Q

3/2/10 Paper Test 42 680 42V/42Q

3/6/10 GMAT Prep #1 690 40V/44Q

3/13/10 GMAT Prep #2 670 38V/44Q

AND THEN

March 15th, 2010: GMAT 560 36V/32Q
I was stunned by this setback, especially such a huge drop in math

Sorry for what happened with you .......

But one question how are you able to scale your scores on Paper GMAT ???
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi all,

My first post on GMAT Club (I think :)). I took the GMAT in 2006 and score 660. Don't remember the scaled scores. I'm taking it again next Saturday (August 14) and here are my recent practice test scores:

1st GMAT attempt - 2006 - 660
Test 1 - Veritas Prep - 800 Score - 630
Test 2 - Veritas Prep - 800 Score - 540
Test 3 - Veritas Prep - 800 Score - 720
Test 4 - GMAT Prep 1 - 660
Test 5 - Veritas Prep - 800 Score - 680
Test 6 - Veritas Prep - 800 Score - 630
Test 7 - Veritas Prep - GMAT Simulator - 570
Test 8 - Veritas Prep - GMAT Simulator - 630
Test 9 - Veritas Prep - GMAT Simulator - 650

GMAT Simulator quant section is definitely easier but verbal section is way tougher, in my opinion. I was average scaled score of 36 in Quant - and in my first GMAT Simulator test, I started at 40 scaled score in Quant. Au contraire, my lowest verbal scaled score prior to GMAT Simulator had been 40 -- and I started with a scaled score of 26 with this test.

To sum it up -- verbal: tougher, quant: easier. Having said that, these tests are giving me confidence and making me work better under pressure. I'm also solving a lot of problems (even though a level easier than the actual GMAT). Hoping that all this practice will help me next week in my 2nd stab at the GMAT!

Hope this helps. Will be happy to provide more info.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Schools:Haas-Columbia, Wharton, UCLA, Kellog, Booth
 Q50  V37
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: 10 yrs in Healthcare IT
Send PM
I just took Veritas and scored 650 only(Q49, V34). Quants was way too easy, I got only 6 wrong and the first 15 correct, still it scored me only 49. Verbal was ok, but RC first passage was very tough and I ended up getting only 34. Can anyone let me know how Veritas verbal fair compared to the real one"?
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
This thread is obviously well beyond it's intended use.

Locked.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 370 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Send PM
I just took the Veritas Free CAT Test and have some observations. Would anyone concur / disagree

- Quant seem's too easy - I scored a 51. No question seemed like a 750 question. Much in contrast with the MGMAT Tests.

- The order of questions in Verbal seemed quite off. A string of SC questions. All three Social RC's (Ugh). No science passage.

Scored a 660 (Q-51, V-32). How close is this to real GMAT? Any opinions?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 562
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 630 Q47 V29
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I took the test today..
scored a 660.. ( Q 45 , V 38 )

Missed 8 questions in quant , yet ended up with only 45 :shock:

and isn't 45 in Q and 38 in V supposed to be 680?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5