Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:45 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:LBS
 Q46  V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q46  V34
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2011 [#permalink]
@KAS1986,

I am in the Mim@LBS group/fan page. Anyway, I sent you a message! :) As far as I know, we would be able to contact everyone accepted in the programme once we receive the data to log in the portal.

@Voodoo,

I did not express myself correctly. I meant that HEC was my 2nd option! But my backup was SSE :) (it's nice, it's Sweden and it's free!) But well, we do not have to think about this anymore! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2011 [#permalink]
After thinking about my offers, I've also decided to take LBS. I'm so excited to go to London and meet you all! :-D

Originally posted by Yogotiger on 05 Apr 2010, 10:51.
Last edited by Yogotiger on 27 Jul 2015, 09:01, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:LBS MiM
Send PM
Hi again guys! Congrats to those who got an offer from LBS!
I am a MiM2010 (right now enjoying spring break - summer term starts next week) and if you have any questions, please post them here and I'll try to answer them regularly.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Please do not write me private messages, but post your questions here..
This questions I got by PM:

Quote:
1)Do you know anyone who is targeting career in Investment Banking after the program, and whether they are getting interviews for graduate programs.

2)Where do most of the students live?

3)Overall, are people satisfied with the program?

1) Yes, we have MiMs who got offers for IBD in London - Deutsche Bank, Citigroup, Nomura, Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse and some others.

2) Location-wise in London some live around Baker St, Marylebone High Street or elsewhere near to school. Some live in student halls near Russel Sq, others live outside of zone 1. Some MiMs have set up shared flats.

3) Overall, yes. In respect to the courses, some people with business undergraduate mentioned that doing accounting, finance, economics, marketing once again is not really that exciting - but they chose the programme, so they knew about it. Some say that the LBS approach is quite different so even doing familiar things once again is exciting. Many MiM students have an engineering, natural science or arts background and have no prior knowledge about business courses - for them 90% is new and the pace is quite high. Besides academics I guess that most of the MiMs love the school, the career service, the connections to alumni and MBA students for any questions and advise, the clubs and everything else available here.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@Hofimax

Anyone for S&T, particularly Sales(FICC)? I wonder if the program is considered not quant enough for S&T by I-banks...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:
Anyone for S&T, particularly Sales(FICC)? I wonder if the program is considered not quant enough for S&T by I-banks...

This could be true. I haven't heard of any particular placements in S&T (which doesn't mean there aren't any - I am simply not interested in i-banking), but I guess most got offers for M&A.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
I believe for S&T your undergraduate degree will be scrutinized closely. I know of some MiMs who got to interview stage for S&T. They had engineering / quantitative backgrounds.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Thanks for creating this thread and for those interesting 12 pages, which I was reading for more than 1 hour :)

I've applied for R4, it would be great to talk to someone who has also applied...

Congratulations to all of you who have been accepted. From ur profiles and post it was clear that you could do this !!

Hope to meet u in London !

My stats,
20/f/Georgian
GMAT:690
IELTS: 7.5
BBA,last year student, top university. GPA 3.89
WE 15 months assistant to chief financial manager (part-time) Healthcare management + construction
Vice-President of University Students Association.

Thanks all for sharing your profiles !!
Really want to talk to R4 applicants ! :)))
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey everyone, so I had my follow-up interview today and will likely get a decision by Thursday, which ironically happens to be my birthday. I'm really hoping it will be good news right now :? KAS1986, I felt that the interview was somewhat discouraging and grilling too, although I hope I clarified their questions. There were some things that in retrospect I could have elaborated more on, but I guess I can't dwell on them right now. I really need to study for my exam on Friday but this is making me so anxious and distracted!

@ WVB35, Great profile! I'm wishing you all the best. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@anner: I am wishing you all the best toooo!!
And Happy Birthday in advance !!
Since I have read almost all posts, I didnot notice that anyone had applied to ESADE or Imperial College. I am starting filling in applications so if anyone has any information, pls post here...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
WVB25,

I applied to and was accepted to Imperial but I can't remember too much about their application process. I think I mostly just tweaked my essays from the MiM application and also incorporated a lot of that info into my personal statement. I've heard some people were interviewed, but I was accepted based on my application.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I wanted to compare these schools, wanted to apply for MFE at Oxford, but LBS and Oxford deadlines are so close that could not get in time :( :(
I like Imperial, its programme is good and I'm interested in Finance no less than in Management, it is also located in London and this is my main criterion..

ESADE is very international, it's an advantage, but it is not located in London :(
Thanks for advice about essays :) It would really save my time..

The only thing I regret about LBS MiM is that, many courses will be familiar.I am BBA student and learning some courses from the scratch is ...... :-S :-S :oops: Does someone have the same problem? :(
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General engineering
Schools:LBS (going there) LSE, HEC, ESSEC (offers... but no thanks)
Send PM
Hi guys, I've been off the forum for some time now... I see the number of posts has been growing a lot!

Congrats to every new 2011 admit !!!

@Anner: I wish you a happy birthday in advance, and I hope you'll get your offer as a birthday present ;-)

@WVB25 I'm from an engineering background as you might have read on my profile, but I read this article on the MiM blog. I thought you might be interested.

https://londonmimblog.typepad.com/masters_in_management/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q46  V34
Send PM
@WVB25,

You have a great profile! Georgian, Female, nice GMAT score, good GPA, WE... How did you achieve all this at 20 years old?! lol! :) From my point of view, your profile looks strong! As you have studies BBA, you really have to focus on what you want to achieve from the MiM that you are not able to get now with your current business-related knowledge.

"saruba" applied to ESADE and he's from Barcelona, he might be able to give you some first-hand info! :)

@anner,

誕生日おもえでとう! Hopefully you'll get in! :)

@everyone,

In a month time, I'm off for a couple of months to South-East Asia and I'm quitting my job :) I've always wanted to do this and I guess it's now or (almost) never! :D I'm really excited!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey,

Just discovered this forum!

I too have been selected for MiM :) .. I'm interested in a conusltancy-job after the Masters. It would be great if someone could provide some information on the consultancies that have recruited people from the programme.

Congratulations to all those who've gotten admits! Hope to see you all soon.. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:
It would be great if someone could provide some information on the consultancies that have recruited people from the programme.

MiM2010s got offers from McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Monitor, Deloitte, PWC Consulting, Solon Management Consulting, OC&C and some more. MiM2011s can expect to meet some of these firms on-campus next year. This year we had some awareness troubles because we were are the inaugural class and some recruiters have not been aware of LBS now also delivering students for pre-MBA roles. This will be quite different next year. Also, as economy is picking up, the amount of positions available will probably increase the coming year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
@ Mahesh

Congrats bro ...!! :) . I' ll be seeing you @LBS !Where are u originally from ?

@ Hofimax

That's lot of good news ! . Anyways i have never had any apprehensions that LBS will market their program and students very well ! :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  24   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts