Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance - investment management
 Q48  V45
WE 1: IT project management - major publishing company (2.5 years)
WE 2: IT consulting - top IT consulting firm (2.5 years)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Finance & Entreprenuerial Management
Schools:Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
GPA: 3.4 - Top 5 UG
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS R2 [interview]
GPA: 3.41 - Ivy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Re: Calling all HBS Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink]
Kudos
I got my interview invite yesterday, on the notifcation date for Round 2. Has anyone else heard of this happening?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Schools:Wharton (Accepted R2), HBS (Accepted R2)
Send PM
Kudos
pilot wrote:
Big congrats to those who got in.

To meridian17, torontogirl, RonMexico, LB20, and Kohlia - I see you guys have also gotten into several other places -many of those with fellowship money. Would you without a doubt choose HBS over them?

I'm fortunate to get into Wharton in R1 with $20,000 fellowship. Already paid my $2,000 deposit so if I choose HBS that would mean giving up $22,000. Just want to hear what you guys would choose if you were me.

Absolutely 100% I am choosing Harvard over Wharton. That amount of money may seem like a lot right now, but spread over the long run, it will be peanuts compared to the value of your degree.

So, you should choose the school you think is best for you. For me, that's Harvard. I know a lot of alumni from W and H, and it's really the Harvard ones that stand out to me; they are the type of people I want to study with and have in my network. My boss (HBS grad) told me yesterday how nothing compares to his HBS degree, and it really changes the way people look at you. I never heard anyone from Wharton say that. Just my anecdotal experiences, of course, but hope it helps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:HBS/KSG Class of 2014 (deferring)
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Kudos
Accepted and will be matriculating...in 2011 (deferring due to military related medical reasons).

In fact as an HBS/HKS Joint degree guy, with the first year being at the Kennedy school I won't be starting HBS until Fall of 2012...after you have all graduated!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:HBS R2
GPA: 4.0
Send PM
I just wanted to thank everyone who posted the past few months...you have contributed greatly to my sanity!

I was admitted to HBS in R2. I had just taken the GMAT in December, so this has been quite a ride for me!

Congrats to all R2 admits!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General, Management & Org Behaviour
Schools:Chicago Booth class of 2012
 Q49  V44
WE 1: Consulting
WE 2: Small business/Start up
WE 3: Strategy - Large Corporate
Send PM
latammc wrote:
theDreamChaser wrote:
rejected w/ interview

oh well, Evanston here I come!

Dinged as well...Chicago Booth...sorry I had doubts I promise I will never do that again...

So calm now that I do not have to make a decision...

Busted! You have to come to Booth, I've already decided that we are going to be pals....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
roll call purpose: Admitted on April 6:)
I am still thrilled
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Consulting, Entrepreneurship, High Tech
Schools:HBS, Stanford (dinged), Wharton (WL), Kellogg, Chicago (Accepted), MIT (WL)
 Q49  V40
Send PM
sapphireka wrote:
latammc wrote:
theDreamChaser wrote:
rejected w/ interview

oh well, Evanston here I come!

Dinged as well...Chicago Booth...sorry I had doubts I promise I will never do that again...

So calm now that I do not have to make a decision...

Busted! You have to come to Booth, I've already decided that we are going to be pals....

Sapphireka, anyways you saw my postings on Facebook!!! Headed to Booth at full steam...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools:HBS - Class of 2012
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Anyone managed to start the Kroll process? System does not recognise my ID/Pass yet..
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [1]
Kudos
Quote:
Sandy, have you heard much on who the lucky 30 people who got off the R1 waitlist was? Also any surprises in R2 in general? I am still on the waitlist, but I have also heard that many people got dinged from the waitlist as well. Would be curious to hear your guesses on what happened and what may end up happening (is there hope for current waitlisters? will more get off based on precedents and what you saw in R2?)

as noted prior about who HBS takes off WL, THEY ARE NOT SURPRISES--THEY ARE STANDARD TYPES, NOT BALLERINAS OR BOXERS OR LONGSHOREMEN OR HOME COOKIE SALES SUCCESS STORIES, ETC. THE ARGUMENT (DITTO STANFORD) THEY USE, THAT WL IS USED LIKE MOSIAC TILES TO FILL IN SPECIFIC NEEDS OF CLASS IS B.S. UNLESS YOU IMAGINE MOSIAC OF CLASS TO SEASCAPE WITH SUNNY SKIES, AND IB AND CONSULTANTS ARE BLUE AND WATERY AND SUNNY TILES JUST USED TO PLUG IN BIG PICTURE.

THE FEW KIDS OF THE 30 I KNOW WHO GOT IN OFF WL AT HBS IN PAST COUPLA DAYS WERE STANDARD ISSUE BANKERS AND CONSULTANTS ABOUT WHOM I WAS PUZZLED THEY EVER WERE PUT ON WL IN FIRST PLACE. IF ANY OF THE MAGICAL 30 ARE OUT THERE, PLEASE POST YOUR STATS AND STORY IN SOME SHORT FORM WAY, Y0U'D BE DOING EVERYONE A FAVOR.

MOVING FORWARD, HARD TO SAY WHAT CURRENT NUMBERS ARE AND WHAT IS PROJECTED TO HAPPEN W. WL.

TWO YEARS AGO, MS. CHANG ISSUED A LETTER AT EXACTLY THIS POINT, W. SOME ACTUAL NUMBERS, WHICH YOU FIDDLE WITH ALL YOU WANT. TO SOME EXTENT, HBS IS NOT BEING AS TRANSPARENT THIS YEAR.

https://hbsguru.com/blog/2010/04/01/2008 ... -of-r2-wl/

AS YOU CAN TELL FROM MY COMMENTARY TO ABOVE POST, MY BALLPARK GUESS IS THAT HBS WL IS NOW ABOUT

200-250 PEEPS OF WHOM 20-30 WILL GET IN. STANFORD PERCENTS COULD BE IN LINE W. THAT.

X FACTORS ARE HOW MANY ROUND 3 APPLICATIONS THEY GOT (NOT FROM SENIORS) AND HOW YIELD TURNS OUT IN ROUND 2.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Finance & Entreprenuerial Management
Schools:Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
GPA: 3.4 - Top 5 UG
Send PM
sandy - any insight overall into application numbers? were both r1 and r2 up over last years? was r1 down from last years r1 and r2 up from last years? i just want to know if overall competition if even higher than last year's high, about the same, or less.
Kudos
2012dreams wrote:
sandy - any insight overall into application numbers? were both r1 and r2 up over last years? was r1 down from last years r1 and r2 up from last years? i just want to know if overall competition if even higher than last year's high, about the same, or less.

ha ha! I am not on that mailing list. In cases, where kids have interviewed at Wharton, Chi etc, adcoms and 2nd yrs have let slip or mentioned intentionally that apps were up, I dont have any consistent data or recall as to which rounds, and all this was 2nd hand. Heard some buzz that R1 apps were up 20 pct at Chi and Wharton? I dont have any info about r2. As to H and S, own guess is that total apps Rounds 1-3 are sorta flat at HBS and Stan, altho inter round numbers could jump around- last year at HBS, r1 apps were up 20 pct but then r2 apps were flat (same as r2 previous).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Schools:HBS
Send PM
Kudos
Magellan wrote:
Anyone managed to start the Kroll process? System does not recognise my ID/Pass yet..

I'd give them an email. I was able to login with any issue and start the Kroll process. It's so annoying when you have to fax something though.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools:HBS - Class of 2012
 Q49  V40
Send PM
bwizzle wrote:
Magellan wrote:

I'd give them an email. I was able to login with any issue and start the Kroll process. It's so annoying when you have to fax something though.

I managed to start the process as well. Need to do the faxing...
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Quote:
Sandy,

From HBS's directors blog the February 12th post mentions- "Candidates who do not receive interview invitations in round 2 will be considered for spots on the waitlist" - I am one of those WL w/o interview. I had written off HBS and now I'm unsure of what WL w/o interview actually implies - any idea? I suppose there is potential they would include me in the Round 3 interview invites depending on the strength of Round 3 which go out next Friday but didn't know if you had any idea what HBS's strategy was. Thanks for your help.

Intuition and common sense can lead you down a dark rabbit hole when it comes to WL w/o interview and what it means. Sometimes it is just decision fatigue over thre in Dillon House, that, and keeping folks guessing. My guess is R2 WL kids w.out inerviews, and any R1 kids w/o interviews, if those are still around???? should cert. get interviewed in the R3 window

HRH blog says

Most interviews will take place from May 3-6th. We will be conducting round 3 interviews here on campus and in London and Palo Alto.

That sounds like 3 days PA (18 interviews) 2-3 days London (12-18 interviews) and GOD knows how many on campus, where they can throw lots of adcoms in the fray if they have to (and adcoms not all that busy once they chew thru R 3 apps and rest up for 2+2). I'm thinking ~200 interviews in R3 total, which will also include a lot of college seniors. For a R3 accept cohort of ~110-125 (maybe ~30-40 being college seniors who will defer). So total add to the class after R3 blows thru is 60-80 kids. R2 deposits are due at end of April, so there will be one more big WL shake out in May, where they will cut down the current ~200-240 WL to 50, 25, etc. (but I am not sure how many of those will be accepts, sorry, that is the missing piece of this puzzle) and string folks out thru June/July, They usually fold the tent in early July -w. last two WL accepts being kids who live in Cambridge already (if you want to incrementally improve your odds, move here, same for Stanford, which is explicit about limiting last x spots to kids who already live near school, seriously.
Kudos
well gotta give these U Wisc dudes credit for being one of the few liberal loudmouths who actually put some msucle and action behind their preaching to everyone else. HEY STANFORD, GOT ANY COMMENT ON THIS, OR ARE YOU WAITING FOR TIGER WOODS TO GIVE A SPEECH ABOUT SPORTS MARKETING IN THE KNIGHT CENTER INSTEAD:

Quote:
April 9, 2010, 03:32 PM ET
https://chronicle.com/blogPost/U-of-Wisconsin-Madison-Cuts/22445/?sid=pm&utm_source=pm&utm_medium=en
U. of Wisconsin-Madison Cuts Ties With Nike Over Worker Pay at Honduran Factories
The University of Wisconsin at Madison is rescinding its apparel-licensing contract with Nike over what the university called abuses of labor rights at two factories in Honduras that did work under a subcontract for the giant manufacturer of sneakers and other athletics gear. According to a news release issued by the university, the two factories were closed without notice last year, leaving workers with neither jobs nor more than $2-million in legally required severance payments. Under a Code of Conduct created by the university and enforced with the help of the Worker Rights Consortium, Nike is responsible for the actions of its subcontractors. Madison's chancellor, Biddy Martin, said several months of negotiations with Nike had been fruitless, so the university "decided it was best, all things considered, to end this business relationship" and forgo $49,000 in annual licensing revenue. The university took a similar step last year against another licensee, Russell Athletic, which was accused of closing a Honduran factory
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Send PM
Sandy,

Have you ever heard of a student that was dinged by HBS appeal the decision with success? Friends of mine did this for undergrad and got in (after they were dinged). I'm at HLS now and didnt get into HBS, w/o interview (for the second time). Needless to say I am determined to get in and overcome the low-tier undergrad, non-traditional-HBS resume stigma that HBS seems to have placed on my applications. Thoughts?

-JD[strike]MBA[/strike]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:MIT, Booth, Stanford, HBS
 Q44  V35 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Magellan wrote:
bwizzle wrote:
Magellan wrote:

I managed to start the process as well. Need to do the faxing...

Already faxed my stuff. Was anybody asked to fax their W2? I don't remember if we had to do that .....
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts