Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:01 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, strategy, social entrepreneurship
Schools:Oxford (admitted), Cambridge (admitted + $), LBS (waitlisted)
GMAT 2: 710
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 535 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Re: The London Business School 2010 thread [#permalink]
Kudos
bdbbrooklyn wrote:
Haven't received an invite but also haven't received an email ding. Is the fact that I didn't get an interview email a ding? Anyone else still waiting?

I also didn´t receive any mail... Still waiting...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
bombaygirl wrote:
octopus2010 wrote:
Got a ding too! Can those who got dinged please shared the school's feed back? Mine was as follow:

You may like to consider applying for one of the other world-class
programmes offered by London Business School, such as those available
through our Executive Education portfolio.

In particular, our Emerging Leaders Programme may be of interest to you.
This intensive three week programme is designed for high potential
individuals in, or about to take on, their first management role, and
who are looking to fast-track their career progression. For information
on applying for this or one of our other Executive Education programmes,
contact xxxx.

I have 6+ years of experience and am planning to fast track current career (finance). I feel like the reason I got dinged was mostly GMAT (650) esp I flunked the Quant section after missing 3 questions in the end (and that I'm in finance!). They didn't specially invite me to reapply so should I even bother to try next year in R1?

A bit bummed but not end of the world. Good luck to all those who's got an invite :)

I received the same feedback. I have a strong GMAT score .. 740 .. but only 2 years of WE. Maybe I'll consider reapplying in a year or two. Maybe they are just trying to advertise their Emerging Leaders Programme.

yea i just did some googling and apparently this is a standard "option" they write on ding emails. now I need to start working on ECs and GMAT now, and will apply to INSEAD next year... still thinking if it's even worth it to reapply to LBS. Good luck bombaygirl :)
Manager
Manager
Schools:LBS
 Q46  V34
Send PM
@octopus2010,

I got admitted for the MiM programme with a 650 GMAT score. I know it's not the MBA, but the GMAT average score seems to be the same... From my experience, the put a lot of emphasis on the extra things you do outside your degree, such as if you volunteer, if you had success in sports or arts, etc. (the essay questions are the same for the MiM and the MBA application!) In fact, in my CV they highlighted the languages, my experience as a volunteer teacher of arts and music for children AND (I was very surprised!) the fact that I was 5th in an international music organ contest in... 2004!!! (I just put it because there was a section for "sports/arts awards").

All in all, my point of view is that the GMAT is important, the WE is important, but they look for someone DIFFERENT.
Intern
Intern
Schools:LBS (admit), Stanford (ding)
GMAT 2: 640
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Strategy Consulting (3 years)
WE 2: Design (1 year)
WE 3: Strategy Consulting (2 years)
Send PM
kitsune wrote:
@octopus2010,

I got admitted for the MiM programme with a 650 GMAT score. I know it's not the MBA, but the GMAT average score seems to be the same... From my experience, the put a lot of emphasis on the extra things you do outside your degree, such as if you volunteer, if you had success in sports or arts, etc. (the essay questions are the same for the MiM and the MBA application!) In fact, in my CV they highlighted the languages, my experience as a volunteer teacher of arts and music for children AND (I was very surprised!) the fact that I was 5th in an international music organ contest in... 2004!!! (I just put it because there was a section for "sports/arts awards").

All in all, my point of view is that the GMAT is important, the WE is important, but they look for someone DIFFERENT.

I echo kitsune's point... the GMAT is important, but it's not THAT important. I took it twice and got a 640, so I approached my application as "well, that's who I am... it is what it is" and worked extra hard on standing out and being different. I got into the MBA programme, I think, based on the interesting stories in my essays. My interviewer also commented on how "interesting" and "different" my answers were compared to other candidates in his 15 years of interviewing.

Originally posted by Trantastic on 09 Apr 2010, 16:23.
Last edited by Trantastic on 10 Apr 2010, 01:52, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Schools:R2 Yale (Waitlist w/ Int), R3 Darden (Int), R3 LBS(Int)
 Q44  V42
Send PM
Got the interview invite yesterday! Very excited... So far interviewed at Yale SOM and it was the most chill interview. Reading through people's accounts of LBS interviews, seems a tad scary and intense. Fingers crossed, I would be really excited about LBS.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
I didn't receive any mail so far. Is this normal? Should I consider not having received the mail as a ding?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1040 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
 Q49  V41
Send PM
ricborg wrote:
I didn't receive any mail so far. Is this normal? Should I consider not having received the mail as a ding?

make sure you check your spam folders

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yangsta8 wrote:
ricborg wrote:

make sure you check your spam folders

Posted from my mobile device

I already checked spam folder and nothing. Africa is always forgotten! :)

I sent a mail to adcom asking about it.

However, I think this is not a good beginning...
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
@ricborg,

This happened to some MiM applicants on R3 too! It was due to a technical problem and they received the emails on Monday. However, send an email to the admissions team informing them of the situation.

Btw, I'm also from Africa, Canary Islands! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kitsune wrote:
@ricborg,

This happened to some MiM applicants on R3 too! It was due to a technical problem and they received the emails on Monday. However, send an email to the admissions team informing them of the situation.

Btw, I'm also from Africa, Canary Islands! :)

Thank you a lot for your information! I'll wait till Monday to see what happens! Although I knew that my chances are slim (very low GMAT).

I've been in Canary Islands! Great place! I'm from Angola btw!

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Can't thank GMAT Club enough for helping out the last minute rush for GMAT. Got the invite for interviews in R3.

M 31/ 650/ 10 yrs work ex - retail banking/pvt banking
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:LBS R3
Send PM
octopus2010 wrote:
bombaygirl wrote:
octopus2010 wrote:
Got a ding too! Can those who got dinged please shared the school's feed back? Mine was as follow:

You may like to consider applying for one of the other world-class
programmes offered by London Business School, such as those available
through our Executive Education portfolio.

In particular, our Emerging Leaders Programme may be of interest to you.
This intensive three week programme is designed for high potential
individuals in, or about to take on, their first management role, and
who are looking to fast-track their career progression. For information
on applying for this or one of our other Executive Education programmes,
contact xxxx.

I have 6+ years of experience and am planning to fast track current career (finance). I feel like the reason I got dinged was mostly GMAT (650) esp I flunked the Quant section after missing 3 questions in the end (and that I'm in finance!). They didn't specially invite me to reapply so should I even bother to try next year in R1?

A bit bummed but not end of the world. Good luck to all those who's got an invite :)

I received the same feedback. I have a strong GMAT score .. 740 .. but only 2 years of WE. Maybe I'll consider reapplying in a year or two. Maybe they are just trying to advertise their Emerging Leaders Programme.

yea i just did some googling and apparently this is a standard "option" they write on ding emails. now I need to start working on ECs and GMAT now, and will apply to INSEAD next year... still thinking if it's even worth it to reapply to LBS. Good luck bombaygirl :)

me too, same message.
Application reflection for anybody needed:
low gmat (660) + average profile (6 year WE in marketing & GPA 3.7) + essay done in a rush = DIng.

My MBA application trip is likely to end here. Getting too old and need to take care of my little one.

Good luck bombaygirl and octopus 2010, & all the best to all the GMATCLUBers. :punk
Intern
Intern
Concentration: MBA
Schools:LBS, LSE & Cass
WE 1: 6 years
Send PM
Wow!, Im shocked! really strong profiles got a ding! im really sorry for you guys! best of luck in your other apps!

Does any one have the Stats for acceptance... (how many of the total applicants get interviews, and how many of the interviewed get an offer??????
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got an invite for interview.

I don't have any idea about the stats on invited/dinged/dinged after interview.

Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

first of all, I'd like to thank everyone here for sharing their valuable experiences, it's making the whole application process much more easy.

Having said this, I've got a question concerning the interview (yeah, I got an invitation in R3, totally unexpected having been previously dinged in HBS, Columbia and MIT... :| ) I'm from Spain, and will probably meet with an spanish interviewer here, so I'm wondering if the interview will be held in english or spanish...

I don't think I'll have any problem if it's in english (TOEFL 109, IELTS 8) and will prepare some mock interviews with my brother in english, but I'd like to hear from other non-english buddies about their interviews.

Thanks in advance, good luck everyone

My profile

29/Male/Spanish/WE: 2.5 yrs market risk management + 2 yrs risk consultancy/730 GMAT
Manager
Manager
 Q46  V34
Send PM
@agustinsrr,

There are quite a few Spaniards applying! I think you will be interviewed at LBS in London. I live in Tenerife and I was asked to fly over for the interview... I also have an 8.0 in IELTS but it's been so long since I last spoke English that my English in the interview was REALLY bad... could not express myself correctly, made some mistakes... But I got an offer (this is for the MiM) However, another fellow Spaniard got rejected because of his English level in the interview! I'd recommend to go to London 2-3days before in order to just "cambiar el chip". Good luck! :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, strategy, social entrepreneurship
Schools:Oxford (admitted), Cambridge (admitted + $), LBS (waitlisted)
GMAT 2: 710
Send PM
Just finished LBS' interview with an alumni in the US. The interview was really relaxed and conversational. The case presentation was about the Olympics, and I thought i did a good job on it. I really want to go to LBS so I am hoping for the best. How do i get a quicker response from LBS adcom? I have to either commit or rescind another school's offer by May 7.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts