Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, Kellogg, Columbia, Haas, Tuck
 Q49  V42
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Investment Banking
WE 2: Private Equity
WE 3: Consulting for Portfolio Company
Send PM
Current Student
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
 Q49  V46
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Concentration: General
Send PM
Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink]
R3 Admissions Blog Update: https://berkeleymba.blogspot.com/
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Thanks Lauren!

LaurenAtHaas wrote:
Question: In an earlier post you seemed to indicate that the Admissions committee would consider an updated GMAT score. Earlier I had posted a message to the official admissions message board and the person that responded stated that they wouldn't consider it without moving me from R3 to R4. Do you know of a way to communicate my new score without moving rounds? Thanks so much for all your advice.

Answer: Thank you for your question. I just received additional information from the Admissions Committee regarding this topic.

If a candidate is placed on the waitlist, the Admissions Committee will consider new information at that time (e.g., a new GMAT score). Per my earlier post, a new (improved) GMAT score is a great update to send to the Admissions Committee if you are on the waitlist.

Other than that, the Admissions Committee will consider requests to review an updated score, but (1) the GMAT must be taken prior to the subsequent round deadline and (2) the candidate must then request to be moved to that subsequent round in order for the new score to be considered.

I hope that this is helpful!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Question: I'm a round 3 applicant and I received an interview invite a couple hours ago. Does anyone know what percentage of applicants are interviewed, and, out of that pool, what percentage are given offers? Thanks

Answer: The following is from Pete Johnson's blog (Haas Director of Admissions): https://berkeleymba.blogspot.com/

Contrary to popular belief, there is no fixed percentage of applicants who are interviewed, and chances of admission for those who do interview are based on the strength of the entire application package and the interview. In the past few years, between 25% and 30% of all applicants have been selected to interview--but keep in mind that this percentage has varied each year. It's simply a reflection of the strength of the candidates in a specific round.

Although it's a positive sign to be invited to interview, it doesn't mean you'll get an offer--but it does mean that the Admissions Committee saw enough strengths in your application to be seriously considering your candidacy, so it's always a good sign!

If you are invited to interview, be sure to listen to the Interview tips podcast, which you can find at https://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/podca ... _tips1.mp3

Some additional interview information (not from Pete's blog): The Admissions Committee does not have a certain quota for the number of interview invitations per round, as it really depends on the strength of the applicant pool. In addition, the Admissions Committee does not break down admittance numbers per round. Generally speaking, offers of admissions are made to between 12-15% of the applicant pool but this can vary from year to year depending on the strength of the pool.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance/Entrepreneurship
 Q46  V35
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Founder, internet startup
WE 2: Investment banker (M&A)
WE 3: Credit Analyst
Send PM
Has anyone been dinged for R3 yet ? Or does one get notified about being rejected only after the deadline ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Question: Has anyone been dinged for R3 yet ? Or does one get notified about being rejected only after the deadline ?

Answer: Most decisions for round 3 will be shared with applicants on April 28. Pete Johnson, however, posted the following on his blog this week, "Due to the timing of the "Days at Haas" admitted student weekend in late April, we plan to release a small number of decisisions early to enable those selected to attend Days at Haas. All applicants will receive a decision by our stated Round 3 response date." For applicants that do not receive offers in round 3, you can expect to receive the decision on or around the decision deadline of April 28.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Lauren, who would be the specific candidates targeted for Days @ Haas for Rd. 3? Is it primarily local applicants? If I'm on the East Coast and don't have my interview until Friday, April 23rd, I would assume it would be unlikely that I would be invited given such short notice. Do you think this is an accurrate assumption? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Question: Lauren, who would be the specific candidates targeted for Days @ Haas for Rd. 3? Is it primarily local applicants? If I'm on the East Coast and don't have my interview until Friday, April 23rd, I would assume it would be unlikely that I would be invited given such short notice. Do you think this is an accurrate assumption? Thanks.

Answer: The Admissions Committee is not targeting specific candidates from specific geographic locations for early round 3 offers. If you are invited to interview, and are then offered admittance to the class of 2012 prior to the second admit weekend, we will do our best to help you get to campus for Days at Haas II.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
 Q49  V42
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
I just had my interview yesterday. Here are the questions as best as I remember, hope this helps those of you with upcoming interviews.

Walk me through your resume briefly
Why Haas
Elaborate on your post mba career plans
+follow ups
Tell me about a time you received constructive criticism
What is your leadership style
+follow ups
A time you had difficulty with someone at work
What do you think it takes for a team to be successful
+ follow ups
What have you done to make an impact in your organization
What do you do in your free time
What book are you currently reading
Any questions
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I had my interview on Wednesday, and I was expecting a slew of questions like rtm47, but surprisingly it was really simple:
-- Walk me through your resume and elaborate on some of the projects you've worked on.
-- What are your goals?
-- Why Haas?
-- Why should Haas want you?
-- Any questions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Hi Lauren,

I'm a R4 applicant who will be spending most of May in a small west African village for a project. I'm afraid that if I get invited to interview after I leave the US, I may not be able to schedule an in-person interview since my ability to travel will be limited and there will likely be no alums in the region. What would my options be in such situation?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
 Q49  V42
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
cookster, I can help you out on this one... I'm currently deployed in Iraq so I could not make a conventional interview. The admissions office was incredibly helpful and we arranged to do a skype interview. I would think they would give you the same opportunity if they are convinced you have no way to make it to an interview site.
Intern
Intern
Schools:ST.Gallen, Haas
 Q47  V24 GMAT 2: 640  Q48  V30 GMAT 3: 700  Q48  V38
Send PM
Hi All!
Do I need to send Haas originals of transcripts if I got invitation for the interview? Due to vulcan eruption, most of airroutes between EU (i'm from Europe) and US are closed, except few cross-polar routes.
DHL warns me that they have no idea when the shipment will be in US...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Question: I'm a R4 applicant who will be spending most of May in a small west African village for a project. I'm afraid that if I get invited to interview after I leave the US, I may not be able to schedule an in-person interview since my ability to travel will be limited and there will likely be no alums in the region. What would my options be in such situation?

Answer: A fellow forum poster has already addressed this, but I wanted to confirm that if there is no way for you to physically meet with a member of the Haas interview team, the Admissions Committee will work with you to coordinate other arrangements.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Question: Do I need to send Haas originals of transcripts if I got invitation for the interview? Due to vulcan eruption, most of airroutes between EU (i'm from Europe) and US are closed, except few cross-polar routes.

Answer: Yes, you do need to send your official transcript to the Haas Admissions Committee, but they understand the current constraints with air mail. My suggestion for you would be to send your official transcript as soon as possible, and then send a follow-up email to the Admissions team letting them know of the situation (and possible delay).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
For those of you fortunate enough to receive an invite for an interview, was the status in your account updated from "Application Under Review"? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V42
Send PM