Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date

What would you do?

You may select 1 option
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance & Entreprenuerial Management
Schools:Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
GPA: 3.4 - Top 5 UG
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [2]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: What would you do? [#permalink]
Kudos
mbalady wrote:
Thanks 2012dreams. I work in the IT organization of a F100 financial services company . Having only been there less than a year, I have certainly shown career progress. In the first six months, I successfully led a project to improve a process for a major division of the company, did loads of presentations to senior leaders and even presented to the entire department (about 250 folks, in the huge auditorium where senior management give their speeches and what not, which was pretty cool :) ). Anyways, after that project went well, another department sought me out and thats where I am now. Regarding my job functions, project management, business analysis and strategic planning are all hats I wear in my current role. I did show good progress in my previous company as well.. it was a tiny unknown start up company but I did have rapidly increasing responsibility over time (that's why I left, there was no where else to go). I want to go in to Product Marketing Management/Product Strategy in Tech/Media post MBA.

Facts: GPA is 3.2, GMAT 680 but I am retaking in 7 weeks, Schools I am targeting = Kellogg, Ross, Fuqua, McCombs, Stern & Darden.

-Gracias

I think that you're likely to have a more complete application if you wait a year, but you can probably pick up an acceptance from at least one school on your list. A higher GMAT score would certainly help your odds.

I've been in your shoes before though. I started thinking about business school when I was in my last year of undergrad (2006). I bought books for the GMAT in 2007 and took my first official GMAT toward the end of 2008. The application season came and went, so in 2009 I decided to take the GMAT again. That application season came and went as well.

So, here I am. Life happened. I've increased my GMAT score by 70 points, received 2 promotions, and I've had special assignments that I never would have dreamed of. I'm finally ready to work on applications in the fall (unless life happens again!).

My advice is this: If life or your career is going good, don't rush it. Every opportunity in your life is significant, not just the opportunities after Business School.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for the thoughtful response Avernusaur. I guess because I have had this goal for so long, its easy to develop 'b school tunnel vision'
GMAT Club Bot