Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:10 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: MC
Schools:-=! LBS (int) !=- HEC (admitted) INSEAD (int)
 Q47  V34
GPA: 4.7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, strategy, social entrepreneurship
Schools:Oxford (admitted), Cambridge (admitted + $), LBS (waitlisted)
GMAT 2: 710
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: The London Business School 2010 thread [#permalink]
dav1de24 wrote:
Xandy:

Also, where in the US did you interview?

Thanks!

ATL
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V41
Send PM
xandy wrote:
dav1de24 wrote:
Xandy:

Also, where in the US did you interview?

Thanks!

ATL

I'm from ATL too, unfortunately I didn't get invited to interview! :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm from ATL too, unfortunately I didn't get invited to interview! :([/quote]

So where are you matriculating this fall?
Intern
Intern
Schools:R2 Yale (Waitlist w/ Int), R3 Darden (Int), R3 LBS(Int)
 Q44  V42
Send PM
Had my interview this Saturday, it went pretty well I thought. It lasted an hour and 40 minutes and interestingly, was held in a famous art gallery.

He asked a lot of in depth questions about my job, duties, strategy, stuff on my resume and a lot of other stuff such as why LBS and is it my top choice. The presentation was fine I thought, it was a question related to innovation.

Altogether it was longer and more intense than any other interview I've been through but as long as you know your story it's fine.

Fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, this is probably a newbie question, but could someone please shed some light on the competitiveness of a candidate who does not have international experience when applying to an international school?

I'm very interested in gaining international experience and would love to go to b-school overseas. However, Icam unable to do so through my current role. Would I get an automatic ding if I applied to a school like LBS? How can I address this deficiency in my profile?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 535 [0]
Send PM
Just had my interview yesterday with an alum in the East Coast (US). A lot of questions about the decisions I have taken in my life in general and motivations towards my long-term goals as a career changer. Also, had an analytical/ case study question and then the impromptu presentation.

I wanted to get your thoughts on the thank you note. How do you interpet when someone does not respond to your thank you note? Good sign/ Bad sign/ "thanks for wasting my time, I do not want anything to do with you anymore" ;) maybe ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
balboa wrote:
Just had my interview yesterday with an alum in the East Coast (US). A lot of questions about the decisions I have taken in my life in general and motivations towards my long-term goals as a career changer. Also, had an analytical/ case study question and then the impromptu presentation.

I wanted to get your thoughts on the thank you note. How do you interpet when someone does not respond to your thank you note? Good sign/ Bad sign/ "thanks for wasting my time, I do not want anything to do with you anymore" ;) maybe ?

It means, "Dude, you were so good that I'm totally speechless". Best of luck, Balbao.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: MBA
Schools:LBS, LSE & Cass
WE 1: 6 years
Send PM
just a quick question....
has anyone here heard of someone who has been asked to retake the Gmat????
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Nice one xandy, I wish the interviewer is thinking the same thing..wishful thinking of course :), anyways, what is your status with the application?
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V34
Send PM
balboa wrote:
Nice one xandy, I wish the interviewer is thinking the same thing..wishful thinking of course :), anyways, what is your status with the application?

What do you mean by "the status of the application"! Mine hasn't changed since I submitted my application. Do you mean the status when I login to London.edu?

I had my interview yesterday. It was very interesting and insightful!!!

Now let's wait for the May 20!!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I apologize, what I meant was: where does Xandy stand with her application, interviewed/ admitted in another round, etc. Anyways, how was your interview Artuurs?
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V34
Send PM
balboa wrote:
I apologize, what I meant was: where does Xandy stand with her application, interviewed/ admitted in another round, etc. Anyways, how was your interview Artuurs?

Mine was about 2,5 hours long, very interesting, no standars questions (like the WHY's) but instead a lot of in-depth questions about my work, life, attitudes, career goals! Presentation was interesting also. In the very end I could ask questions, as my interviewer graduated more then 10 years ago. We talked about his career, and how LBS did help him in it!

We'll see how my interview went soon:)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
balboa wrote:

Interviewed last week and still waiting for a decision. I asked for an early decision cos Cambridge's commitment deadline is on the 19th. Hopefully, they'll respond soon.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: MBA
Schools:LBS, LSE & Cass
WE 1: 6 years
Send PM
Wow Artuurs 2.5 hours! thats super long! mine lasted like 1 hour and 20 min
Here is how my experience went:
1) We met at the lobby of his office! then he led me to his office. He basically started by telling me how he expected this interview to go (first ask some questions, then the impromtu presentation, and the my turn of asking questions to him). He said he expected it to last an hour.
2) He said he had very clear my Whys! so basically started by asking me some questions about leadership. And how I related them to my work, teams, extra curricular and community activities. That took around 45 minutes. I was impressed he new EVERYTHING about my application. Asked me a few questions here and there, i shared some experiences, and he said it made all the sense. Actually gave me examples of classmates of his who had similar goals to mine. (and how the MBA helped them get there)....
3) Then we moved foward to the presentation. He gave me some topic about the olimpics.... i think it went ok... not perfect. But because we only had 5 minutes, now that i think of it! i could a done better. But i guess they dont expect you to do a very thorough analysis in just 5 minutes. But i guess i got at least the sense of it.
4) Then it was my turn to ask some questions to him. He answered them, and also shared his experience at LBS.
When i got home later that night i sent him a thank you note, and then he replied.
So now fingers crossed! lets wait till the 20th!
good luck to those who still havent done their interviews...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
Question: I have about $35k of debt from undergrad, and will graduate from the Masters program I'm in now with another $80k....so in total I'll be in the hole for $115k. If I were lucky enough to get into LBS, would I still be eligible for a full loan?? Is there some limit to how much educational debt you can have before you become some sort of liability?? I'm up to date on all my loans btw...I have never defaulted or anything like that.

Apparently HSBC has a loan for up to 50k GBP to pay for tuition only. You can get additional living expenses loans in exceptional circumstances...I'm not sure what this means.

So if you are able to get the full HSBC 50k GBP loan, do you get the other 10k-20k GBP from the Stafford loan or something??

I'll be 29 at matriculation to any b-school, and if I'm lucky enough to go to LBS, I would want to live close to campus (in my own apartment), and be able to have a few pints here and there (I just mean, I'm almost 30...living like a college kid is getting tiring. And it seems with the income potential of business school, you wouldn't have to live quite as lean as you did when you were 20). I think expecting to burn around 2k GBP/mo is realistic, and if you do better...then awesome. I'm just wondering where all this money is coming from. I'm not well off, nor is my family. I hardly think that I'm the only one in this type of position.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Still one week for the R3 decision, this is unbearable! :roll:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Yale SOM , LBS (R3)
 Q50  V32
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: 7 years consulting
Send PM
xandy wrote:
They wanted to know how i would leverage the Olympics for my business if the event were held in my hometown. I play competitive sports so it was a very appropriate question for me.

They'll generally ask you a generic question and give you a few minutes to prepare a response. So it may be a good idea to take a pen and paper with you so that you can write down your thoughts. All the best, guys. It's crazy, I am even having dreams about LBS.

Hey I got the same presentation topic! Well, my interviewer asked me to blind pick from 2 other she thought were 'appropriate' for me- She thought I got the more difficult one :S
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts