Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:01 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:R2: MIT (ding), Stanford (WL w/int), Wharton (WL w/ int), Emory (admitted!)
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:Cornell '12
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink]
Kudos
Thanks! I had someone associated with the school write a letter on my behalf to the adcom. I received an email saying my status had been updated and logged in to find the electronic letter. No call or anything yet (email on Friday late afternoon). Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
 Q49  V38
Send PM
dyc2005 wrote:
Thanks! I had someone associated with the school write a letter on my behalf to the adcom. I received an email saying my status had been updated and logged in to find the electronic letter. No call or anything yet (email on Friday late afternoon). Good luck everyone!

Congratulations! Was it a current student or an alumnus?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
hm2009 wrote:
dyc2005 wrote:

Congratulations! Was it a current student or an alumnus?

Current student.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Schools:Wharton (R1, accepted with fellowship), MIT Sloan (R1, accepted), HBS (R1, ding w/o interview), GSB (R2, accepted)
GMAT 3: 750
Send PM
recently withdrew my spot (was a r1 hcm app). hope this helps a waitlister here!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
JordinT wrote:
recently withdrew my spot (was a r1 hcm app). hope this helps a waitlister here!

Thanks JordinT, have fun at Stanford!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
csino wrote:
Not trying to spread rumors, so someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I remember hearing that last year more students accepted offers at Wharton than the school had expected so they actually asked people to defer. Perhaps another reason why they are keeping such a large waitlist this year?

Same as what I heard, that the school asked a lot of admits to defer.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ento wrote:
Thats only counting on no deferals for this year, which I doubt. I am sure a similar number will defer this year too.

The difference was that Wharton asked these students to defer so the rate was most likely much higher than normal. I doubt that they'd want to keep propagating this deferral down into future years...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
WE 1: IB & PE
Send PM
A buddy of mine also just got off of the waitlist last Friday afternoon (day after the deposit deadline). Does anybody have insight into how the Wharton waitlist has worked in years past? Does everyone think that they already took who they wanted off of the waitlist on Friday, and the rest of us on the waitlist are just waiting for the ding on May 14? Or does everyone think they are still evaluating the waitlist right now?

Also, I don't know if this has been touched upon in this thread so far, but in so far as the admissions committee stating that they don't "rank order" the waitlist, I have to believe that it is somewhat of a lie. With the deposit deadline last Thursday, and the admissions committee immediately accepting folks off of the waitlist on Friday, they must have some idea who their top picks are within the finance bucket, marketing bucket, operations bucket, non-profit bucket, etc.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
 Q49  V38
Send PM
phillymba2012 wrote:
A buddy of mine also just got off of the waitlist last Friday afternoon (day after the deposit deadline). Does anybody have insight into how the Wharton waitlist has worked in years past? Does everyone think that they already took who they wanted off of the waitlist on Friday, and the rest of us on the waitlist are just waiting for the ding on May 14? Or does everyone think they are still evaluating the waitlist right now?

Also, I don't know if this has been touched upon in this thread so far, but in so far as the admissions committee stating that they don't "rank order" the waitlist, I have to believe that it is somewhat of a lie. With the deposit deadline last Thursday, and the admissions committee immediately accepting folks off of the waitlist on Friday, they must have some idea who their top picks are within the finance bucket, marketing bucket, operations bucket, non-profit bucket, etc.

I think the evaluations are still on because many people on R1 waitlist got accepted the day R2 results came out. Also, there is a definite "rank" and I have it on good authority to be true.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
hm2009 wrote:
phillymba2012 wrote:

I think the evaluations are still on because many people on R1 waitlist got accepted the day R2 results came out. Also, there is a definite "rank" and I have it on good authority to be true.

Yeah, I've also heard that some "ranks" have been established for R2 waitlist. I just don't think that I am on that list...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pulandasu wrote:
hm2009 wrote:
phillymba2012 wrote:

Yeah, I've also heard that some "ranks" have been established for R2 waitlist. I just don't think that I am on that list...

Thanks for the insight guys. I guess either way, May 14 is not too far away now.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So for the people who get off the waitlist now - how long do they have to accept? If they don't do they just keep running down the list through summer? Does anyone have insight as to how much the list might move? I know I am getting my hopes up - but I still really want Wharton
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Is it malapropos to have a lower level big shot who often does the recruiting for his investment bank write a letter to adcom on my behalf even though I am a R3 applicant and haven't been placed on the waitlist? What's the protocol?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
you can certainly have the guy/woman send in a letter of support to be attached to your application. I suspect, though, at this point, they might be finalizing their decisions, so whatever you add to your application probably won't carry much weight. But, you never know.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I was also taken off the WL on Friday. They gave us about a week and a half to decide, which I assume will help manage the yield ahead of the R3 notification date.

Best of luck all!

csino wrote:
So for the people who get off the waitlist now - how long do they have to accept? If they don't do they just keep running down the list through summer? Does anyone have insight as to how much the list might move? I know I am getting my hopes up - but I still really want Wharton
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Congrats nlt....seems like things turned out pretty well for you. If I remember correctly you were previously deciding between Kellogg and Booth! Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats! Think you'll be going to Wharton? I wonder how many people they let off the waitlist so far...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  94   95   96   97   98  ...  105   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts