Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:06 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 618785 [7]
Given Kudos: 81588
Send PM
Most Helpful Reply
Veritas Prep Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 2945 [8]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
General Discussion
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
GPA: 3
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 4689 [1]
Given Kudos: 463
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Since no one returns from death, we can never be certain about what pa [#permalink]
Kudos
Sanjeetgujrall wrote:
Im confused between B and C but u went for B because of this line from the argument

However, for the mentally alert, it is quite possible that death presents itself as an unbelievably glorious experience, a flight into an entirely new universe of sensation. Why should we think so?

Posted from my mobile device

Must be (B) as the argument Branches in to stems from the fact about dying experience....

Unconscious : No recollection.
Conscious :............... have experienced what goes through the consciousness of those who are not so fortunate......

Further the author mentions " it is quite possible that death presents itself as an unbelievably glorious experience, "

Thus the entire argument hinges on option choice (B) dying can be a glorious experience
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [0]
Given Kudos: 445
Schools: IIM (II)
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
Re: Since no one returns from death, we can never be certain about what pa [#permalink]
Well.... I understand the OA, but not able to understand how to cancel option D.

Regards,
Tamal

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Hw option B is correct
The whole para is about what is going on in mind of dying person. Correct me if i am wrong
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Schools: Molson '20
GPA: 3.96
Send PM
Akshay2402 wrote:
Hw option B is correct
The whole para is about what is going on in mind of dying person. Correct me if i am wrong

Well, you're partially correct! Your line of thought is what should bring you to option B. The "author" of the paragraph discusses what might go on in the mind of a dying person, and using such information, concludes that "it is quite possible that death presents itself as an unbelievably glorious experience, a flight into an entirely new universe of sensation". Thus, if the paragraph discuss what goes on in the mind of a dying person, and uses this information to reach the conclusion that dying is an unbelievably glorious experience, this (dying is a glorious experience) should be the point of the paragraph.
Stacy Blackman Consulting Director of Test Prep
Affiliations: Stacy Blackman Consulting
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [4]
Given Kudos: 165
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.11
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Since no one returns from death, we can never be certain about what pa [#permalink]
Kudos