Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:46 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [9]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:<strong>INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)</strong>
 Q48  V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Insead
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink]
kaushikb wrote:
Has the R1 list got finalized? Heard from someone that they have made the list of admitted candidates! Hard to believe though..

Have you heard from the adcom itself? Or is it some insider news?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nothing official. Heard it from a friend who is an alum.. not sure though.. wanted to chk if anyone else has heard smthg??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
kaushikb wrote:
Nothing official. Heard it from a friend who is an alum.. not sure though.. wanted to chk if anyone else has heard smthg??

extremely unlikely that the admit list is already ready with Adcom. The interview deadline itself is 21st May for some ppl on this forum! - this is just another rumor I would think.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hope so friends. Lets hope for the best

cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How would an Alum come to know about it? Alums are not involved in the final decision making process right? Also, if they are they would be tied to ethical obligations.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
artgirl wrote:
How would an Alum come to know about it? Alums are not involved in the final decision making process right? Also, if they are they would be tied to ethical obligations.

Actually alumni are a part of the final admissions committee; the committee, comprised of faculty, alumni and admissions staff, decides whether to accept or reject each candidate..

...so the rumor just might be correct this time

dont know about others but this wait is getting quite hard for me!!

https://mba.insead.edu/admissions/applic ... rocess.cfm
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sinhadee,
Interesting! Thanks for letting me know. Yeah, I agree. This wait is painful.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
artgirl wrote:
Sinhadee,

well problem for me, i just got my second interviewer late last week, and doing my interview this week for the 21st deadline...

:(
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:HBS - Class of 2012, INSEAD,
 Q50  V42
Send PM
vodkacran wrote:
artgirl wrote:
Sinhadee,

well problem for me, i just got my second interviewer late last week, and doing my interview this week for the 21st deadline...

:(

Don't worry about it. The list if probably 95% complete, with the few people that still need to do their interview as a 'question mark' ... unless of course it's a clear cut case, either positive or negative. You'll have an equal chance, no worries.

By the way, great post Hankscorpio. +1 Kudos. ;-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
 Q48  V42
Send PM
All----for the "can we contact your current employer" question, do most end up saying yes? I can not have them contact my current employer. Thanks for the input...
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
tihor wrote:
All----for the "can we contact your current employer" question, do most end up saying yes? I can not have them contact my current employer. Thanks for the input...

Well I said No :)
Current Student
 Q50  V42
Send PM
tihor wrote:

They ask the question for a reason. There are situations where it can harm your personal situation if INSEAD contacts your current employer. INSEAD is aware of that, and I'm convinced they won't hold it against you.

What could happen is that one of your interviewers asks 'Why shouldn't we contact your current employer?'. (Not sure the question is in the part you have to send to your interviewers, but I sent my full application anyway) Just have a good explanation ready (other than, ''my current employer thinks I'm crap and is about to fire me'' ;-)), and I wouldn't worry too much about it then.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Engineering - Logistics
Schools:INSEAD - Jan 2011
Send PM
vodkacran wrote:
tihor wrote:

Same here, I said "no" even if one of my recommendations came from my boss... I wonder if that changes anything.
Current Student
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Rakham wrote:
vodkacran wrote:
tihor wrote:

Same here, I said "no" even if one of my recommendations came from my boss... I wonder if that changes anything.

You made me curious now - Why did you say no then? :-)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:<strong>INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)</strong>
 Q48  V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
indranilroyc wrote:
Hankscorpio, Fantastic post.. All the best!

Suker wrote:
By the way, great post Hankscorpio. +1 Kudos. ;-)

Thanks! Trying to do my part to give back since this forum helps me keep my sanity... or it might actually feed my insanity in terms of the wait for 2 more weeks.

@monkeypunch - I have been thinking about finances, and I have a plan other than just "go into debt and hope for the best" or "shoot for scholarships and pray". But I don't want to talk about it in the open until I get the final answer from the adcom, and take some steps towards putting it into action. And no, for those of you with stereotypes about Canada, I am not going into the business of selling marijuana. :wink:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
 Q48  V42
Send PM
tihor wrote:

Thanks for the responses everyone. I can not tell my manager because January would be a bad time for me to leave work, if something good happened :-) telling them now would mess with what work I can potentially do for them.

Another matter, I am going to get my first recommendation from an ex-marketing manager from my current office. She was laid off late last year. And the second rec from an ex indirect manager/ direct supervisor on projects from my last job. Does this sound reasonable? Or does it raise flags? I will be asking my current direct manager for recs for my fall applications...
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:INSEAD- D '11 Class
Send PM
Hey guys and girls. The wait is also killing me! What is everyone doing to make the wait easier?

Also, for those who want to start in Fonty - have you started thinking about housing options? This might be too early to start thinking about the logistical issues but I'm debating whether to try to live in a chateau or in an apartment near campus.. Anyone has any insight? I don't plan on shipping my car to Fonty so I will have to find a way to transport myself to and from campus. Maybe I will get a bike but I can't imagine the trip pleasant in winter...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  70