Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:28 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3593 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 5420 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
WE 1: 3.5 yrs IT
WE 2: 2.5 yrs Retail chain
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Thanks BB, I got it.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 5420 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb,

We don't have a CR tag for Method of Reasoning based questions.

For example, two speakers are mentioned in the question and both have their own argument. Question stem asks:
1. What is the relationship b/w speaker1 and speaker2?
2. What method of reasoning is reflected by speaker1 in support/against wrt to speaker2?....There can be more such types.

I know that this type of question is unusual on GMAT but it's an important one to polish your skills on other CR types as it involves the complete framework of argument.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
ykaiim wrote:
bb,

We don't have a CR tag for Method of Reasoning based questions.

For example, two speakers are mentioned in the question and both have their own argument. Question stem asks:
1. What is the relationship b/w speaker1 and speaker2?
2. What method of reasoning is reflected by speaker1 in support/against wrt to speaker2?....There can be more such types.

I know that this type of question is unusual on GMAT but it's an important one to polish your skills on other CR types as it involves the complete framework of argument.

Sure, I am adding it right now.
Thank you.
Director
Director
Send PM
bb,

Thanks.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 5420 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I am just doing SC - Punctuations and when I tagged the SC forum, I found two tags both having caption as Punctuation, although the listed questions are all different.

Is there any difference b/w these two tags?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
ykaiim wrote:
I am just doing SC - Punctuations and when I tagged the SC forum, I found two tags both having caption as Punctuation, although the listed questions are all different.

Is there any difference b/w these two tags?

Thank you! There is no difference. We'll combine the two on Monday.
Appreciate the tip!
Director
Director
Send PM
Thanks GC team.
The new add-on (GClub Test icon) is cool. Kudossssssssssssss.
Director
Director
Send PM
Hi,

I dont know where to post this issue and how critical is this, but whenever I attempt GMATClub test then after completion of it, if I move to other verbal/quant forum then I have to relogin. Why do I need to do that, even if I continue accessing the test/ test results and if I open other forums page in a separate window, still then I need to relogin.

I mean to say, if I am already loged-in on GC while attempting a test then why relogin to access other pages?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi, I was just wondering - is this a not-for-profit site? It seems that all of the admins and mods do so much to keep this forum and website active and alive (not to mention immensely helpful), I can't help but wonder if you guys are getting paid to do the wonderful job you have been doing - it must be a lot of time and energy on your part! Thank you! XX
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
hcb wrote:
Hi, I was just wondering - is this a not-for-profit site? It seems that all of the admins and mods do so much to keep this forum and website active and alive (not to mention immensely helpful), I can't help but wonder if you guys are getting paid to do the wonderful job you have been doing - it must be a lot of time and energy on your part! Thank you! XX

Thanks for asking
We all have full time jobs or are full-time students and for all, GMAT Club is a hobby (and I definitely prefer it to my job).
There is a server administrator who gets paid to keep the lights on but other than that. We do make money along the way from ads and referrals but the income generated from the site gets reinvested back into the site one way or another (such as me taking a vacation - just kidding). Anyway, to run this as a true for-profit business would require making certain sacrifices, which we are not interested to make.

I guess you could say it is quite ironic for a site that focuses on business school but the original philosophy was to create a place where applicants could help each other and exchange information. In the last few years we are focusing on preserving and organizing a lot of the wisdom shared here and still have quite a bit to go.

Please don't hesitate to contact myself or any of the admins/moderators with thoughts or suggestions.
Best Regards,
BB.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Awesome! Thanks bb and all the admins and mods :) !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [1]
Given Kudos: 61
Send PM
Kudos
Is there a way to implement a quick reply box at the bottom of the page? (I'm not sure if this has been suggested or not. I'm sorry if it has)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
snkrhed wrote:
Is there a way to implement a quick reply box at the bottom of the page? (I'm not sure if this has been suggested or not. I'm sorry if it has)

Thank you. It has not been; I was considering it but never really put into action - you think it will be a good value add?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
bb wrote:
snkrhed wrote:

Thank you. It has not been; I was considering it but never really put into action - you think it will be a good value add?

I think it will be good to reply quickly. We must have this.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
bb wrote:
hcb wrote:

Thanks for asking
We all have full time jobs or are full-time students and for all, GMAT Club is a hobby (and I definitely prefer it to my job).
There is a server administrator who gets paid to keep the lights on but other than that. We do make money along the way from ads and referrals but the income generated from the site gets reinvested back into the site one way or another (such as me taking a vacation - just kidding). Anyway, to run this as a true for-profit business would require making certain sacrifices, which we are not interested to make.

I guess you could say it is quite ironic for a site that focuses on business school but the original philosophy was to create a place where applicants could help each other and exchange information. In the last few years we are focusing on preserving and organizing a lot of the wisdom shared here and still have quite a bit to go.

Please don't hesitate to contact myself or any of the admins/moderators with thoughts or suggestions.
Best Regards,
BB.

This is my first forum where i feel like contributing. I was very lazy otherwise, never replied so much on forums. But this place is amazing and I feel good to be part of it.

I m glad to know whatever you have stated above. After my gmail, Gmatclub is the url which is opened. Not just because I want to give gmat , but I feel good to be here. Thanks all for being part of this community.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [1]
Given Kudos: 61
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
snkrhed wrote:

I think it is a convenient add for the users.

I'm not sure what you mean by a value add, so here is a list of benefits that I see:

• Quick and convenient access to reply
  • A very simple typing interface (vs. the traditional, slightly more cluttered reply page)
  • One less screen the browser has to go through, which can help make sure that the replies stay relevant to topic

With benefits there are also cons:
  • Can increase spam (can be reduced with a quick reply button that gives access a quick reply box

These are all of the cons I can think of off the top of my head.
Director
Director
Send PM
Hi bb,

1. Can we have search box on WORKBOOK page? I find it time consuming, scanning every page, for certain posts to seach among those listed there.

2. Can we list/sort the questions in our workbook sectionwise+tagwise? For example -
CR question (Tag - Boldface)
CR question (Tag - Weaken)
CR question (Tag - Assumption)
SC question (Tag - Modifier)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  44