Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:INSEAD- D '11 Class
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Engineering - Logistics
Schools:INSEAD - Jan 2011
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink]
Hey guys. It's good to hear from you. I am sorry that we are wait-listed.

I found this article online. https://www.accepted.com/chat/transcript ... nsead.aspx

It's an interview with INSEAD's admissions regarding its wait-list. The good news is that per the interview, INSEAD keeps a relatively short list but the bad news is the wait-list is maintained in order to keep the right balance of diversity in its student body. So in other words, we are good enough to be admitted but compared to other admits in R1, we are not quite as good... (in the eyes of the admin officers).

So the good news is we are still in the game but the bad news is that there is no way to determine how likely it is for us to get off of the WL.

So based on the information gathered from the Jan intake forum, I've came up with the following numbers:

48 people invited to interview
17 admitted (out of which 5 are women)
8 WLed (out of which 2 are women)

plus 4 more Chinese admits
and 2 more admits from bw

incorporating these 6 admits -- total 54 interviews, 23 admitted and 8 wled

But again, this is only based on the rough data that I gathered and so its probably not completely accurate.

So what do you think you next steps are. Any plan bs?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
I will probably withdrawl. I will request summary decision Accept/ding. I will go to ross.
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
I will probably withdrawl. I will request summary decision Accept/ding. I will go to ross.

Ross is a great school! Are located in So Cal? Ross is extremely competitive to get in so congrats on scoring an admit from Ross! That's a great plan b. :0)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks JZhang for doing this!

Originally posted by artgirl on 28 May 2010, 11:26.
Last edited by artgirl on 28 May 2010, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [2]
Schools:<strong>INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)</strong>
 Q48  V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
M/30/710/Canada/IT and business consulting/Fonty

Hope decisions are rendered soon... I hate purgatory.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
F/28/700/Canada/Marketing-Sales/Singapore - Choice of Campus

Good luck to us all!! :D
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:INSEAD
 Q49  V34
Send PM
F/32/680/Japan/Business Consulting/Singapore - choice of campus

JZ, thanks for making this thread!

I know someone who applied for July 2011 intake, and waitlisted in March.
He was invited to another interview held in Fonty.
I haven't heard his result afterwards, but is this the regular process for waitlisters to be accepted?
If anyone has heard this kind of process, please give us some input.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi everyone.

first post in this forum. rec'd w/l on 28th almost at the end of day, fonty time. it was looking more n more ominous as the clock ticked on.

agree with JZ, the good news is that there should not be many of us, but the bad news is there is no way to predict the movement off the list.

M/28/700/Indian/Energy/ SG - campus of choice

Originally posted by wingman10 on 28 May 2010, 21:54.
Last edited by wingman10 on 29 May 2010, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hi all

Thanks for doing this

M/29/710/Singapore, Hong Kong/Private Banking/Singapore - choice of campus

Anyone know if there were any dings at all?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi crezence, am based out of singapore too. i believe we had the same AC...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Engineering - Logistics
Schools:INSEAD - Jan 2011
Send PM
Did any of you recieve a feedback on the decision? GMat too low? Too old? Too Swiss?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Rakham wrote:
Did any of you recieve a feedback on the decision? GMat too low? Too old? Too Swiss?

For GMAT too low, they have a special status and you get that feedback. I have seen feedback in previous rounds that other people received re: you're great, but you just need a few more years experience. I don't think they ever say "we have too many male Indians with IT background, sorry" but we all know the challenges they face.

Is it possible to ask for more detailed feedback? We were obviously considered "good", but there are "better" and they would like to hear from them first - whether they pay their deposit or they apply in R2 or R3. I wonder if the dynamics are any different for D10 vs J10. I know a lot of people get all crazy about the MBAConnect numbers, but wonder if knowing them would help us really give up or keep up some hope.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Schools:INSEAD- WL, IE - Apr 2011
Send PM
Thanks JZHANG for starting this thread. We definitely need to help each other out during the process of waiting.

My profile: M/27/670/Indian working in Switzerland/IT consulting/Fonty (first choice)/Interested in Strategy Consulting

Good Luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Schools:INSEAD
 Q49  V34
Send PM
I have been trying to find out what we should do to get out of waitlist and found some "should-dos" for waitlisters to show their interest to admission, update their status, and/or compliment their weaknesses by additional information.

+ Contact admission by phone or email
+ Submit an additional essay
+ Submit recommendations from someone who was not your recommendator
+ Ask current students or alumni to write push letters for you
+ Visit school , etc.

However, INSEAD seems to be indifferent about these actions, and it seems not to fall into general rules.
According to the article below, INSEAD is a "coy" school when schools are categorized into the "show-me-you-love-me" and "coy" schools. (5th paragraph)
https://www.mbapodcaster.com/MBA_MoreInf ... Episode=11

Has anyone thought of what to do (or do nothing)?
Please share your ideas!
Send PM
Hey guys and girls.

How is everyone doing? I've been on a emotional roller-coaster. I think most of us know that once we are on the wait-list, there is no magic way to get off the list.

One way that we can move off the list is that if some R1 admits with similar profiles decide to not matriculate at INSEAD. Or that they fail to submit the initial deposit. If not, we will have to wait until Sept when R2 decision are made.

I was really hoping to finally have a summer break with no worries but it looks like the divine power has decided to put my spirit on further trial.

Let's hang in there!

ps does anyone know when R1 deposit is due? perhaps around end of June/early July?
Send PM
Rakham wrote:

Hey Rkaham- ditto to Hank's response to your questions. During my interview, I was asked about what I thought was a profile weakness. I said my GMAT. But my interviewer said that if INSEAD thought that my GMAT was weak then it would have requested a retake. So don't focus so much on the GMAT... I agree it is difficult to analyze and identify your own weakness.

It's my feeling that at this point, we are all considered strong applicants- people that INSEAD would consider offering a seat to. However, compared to the R1 admits with similar profile, we are not as strong. Also, INSEAD is keeping us on the wait-list to compare R2 applicants to. Finally, we will be used to round out their class so that INSEAD can accomplish the desired diversity.

So in a nut shell, it's liking playing the lottery. The good news is that in the past people have hit the winning number...so we will just have to wait and see. :0)

JZ
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Kudos
JZHANG2008 wrote:
ps does anyone know when R1 deposit is due? perhaps around end of June/early July?

Exact date appears to be 25th June. Just checked with one of the admits.

The only thing I have been told you can really do to get off the wait-list (other than hope for ppl to drop out, like JZ says) is to notify the adcom if you are now a very different candidate because you've added several things to your profile. E.g. are now now the global lead for xyz in your company? are you now an expat in another country? Have you mastered a fifth language? It has to be something that ratchets us up from a "good enough" to a "much better". In other words, if you were putting off any big moves in your career or life b/c of insead, take them. They might just be the thing that makes the adcom realize you're still going places. And even if you don't make it in, at least you don't feel like you've waited 6 months for insead to tell you that you're rejected.

As for me, I'll probably start making my moves in early July. Sept 3 (R2 final decision) is way too far into the future for me. Moves might include taking on more responsibilities at work and applying to other b-schools, while staying on the insead waitlist. Should I apply again to insead, I want to at least be able to put in my reapplication essay that I have more to bring to the table than when I applied last time.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13