Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Kellogg '14
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Re: 3rd Attempt in the Making - Need Feedback/Advice [#permalink]
SW wrote:
DAYNE wrote:
please pick up these books you want regret it:
Powerscore CR
Manhattan RC

spend a couple weeks on those books and you should be fine

Do you suggest I only purchase Powerscore CR and not Powerscore SC? I do have the manhattan RC guide. What are your thoughts on the Manhattan CR guide?

purchase powerscore sc if your foundation in sc is shaky and just go over the foundation portion of the book
since you have Manhattan SC you want to keep reading that

I only have the powerscore CR which alot of people rate higher than Manhattan CR
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Something is definitely not right when even after putting effort you could increase your score that little. You need to gain perspective and try to analyze your entire preparation. Maybe you lack consistency in your preparation, maybe you lack focus and GMAT is not your primary goal (though you might think that it is). Or maybe you just really need more time to build solid foundations so that you can target a higher score.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nonameee wrote:
Something is definitely not right when even after putting effort you could increase your score that little. You need to gain perspective and try to analyze your entire preparation. Maybe you lack consistency in your preparation, maybe you lack focus and GMAT is not your primary goal (though you might think that it is). Or maybe you just really need more time to build solid foundations so that you can target a higher score.

I should clarify that my efforts from Feb-May were 65% Quant, 35% in SC (no CR, no RC). Quant made significant improvement (34 to 43) however verbal dropped from (34 to 31) and did not increase despite efforts in SC. Thus negating the progress made in Quant and resulting in only a 20 point improvement.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Well,I think it explains everything. You need a greater commitment to the GMAT and since both parts are at the same level for you, you need to spend equal time on both of them.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hm... looks like you can improve both quant and verbal.

You have the right tools and books; you can consider looking into the PowerScore SC or PowerScore CR books but I am not sure they will guarantee the results.
You can try a single session with a tutor to see if they can help you identify weaknesses - probably best use of your time; though this may be the case where everything needs work and help without a single weakness so to speak....
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37310 posts