Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:51 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Economics, Finance
Schools:SSE, LSE
 Q48  V37
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3593 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
 Q48  V37
Send PM
Re: 580 to 700 - Great to be part of the 700 Clubbers [#permalink]
gurpreetsingh wrote:
Congrats. Nice improvement and the best part is you love your score and are satisfied. That is most important.

I have one quick question, in your post you have mentioned gmatprep1 and gmatprep2. Are they different GMATPREP version or two tests of gmatprep?
And after redoing gmatprep1, have you got any repeated question while doing gmatprep2?

Good luck with your application and keep us updated.

Hi gurpreetsingh,

Thank you for your post. I am really happy with my score and I don`t think that some 10 or 20 points would have made much of a difference. But if I had 690 I probably wouldn`t be 100% satisfied. Therefore I value this score even more.

gmatprep 1 is the first test and gmatprep 2 the second of the software I downloaded from mba. So these were no different versions. gmatprep1 and gmatprep2 were totally different. I saw no overlapping questions and also had the feeling that the second was somehow a little bit more difficult.

Hope this answers your questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Awesome debrief, Good Luck for your apps.

Kudos for hunting the beast !
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3593 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
vonshuriz wrote:
gurpreetsingh wrote:
Congrats. Nice improvement and the best part is you love your score and are satisfied. That is most important.

I have one quick question, in your post you have mentioned gmatprep1 and gmatprep2. Are they different GMATPREP version or two tests of gmatprep?
And after redoing gmatprep1, have you got any repeated question while doing gmatprep2?

Good luck with your application and keep us updated.

Hi gurpreetsingh,

Thank you for your post. I am really happy with my score and I don`t think that some 10 or 20 points would have made much of a difference. But if I had 690 I probably wouldn`t be 100% satisfied. Therefore I value this score even more.

gmatprep 1 is the first test and gmatprep 2 the second of the software I downloaded from mba. So these were no different versions. gmatprep1 and gmatprep2 were totally different. I saw no overlapping questions and also had the feeling that the second was somehow a little bit more difficult.

Hope this answers your questions.

This really answered my question as I was looking to give gmatprep test1 multiple times and to keep gmatprep test 2 for final evaluation. Thanks. :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Vonshuriz, first off, congratulations on your score and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Could you please describe in more detail how you used an error log and how you revised material?

Also, did you feel like burning out sometime during your preparation?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V37
Send PM
Thanks nonameee!

First, I downloaded the error log of the GMATclub-member Saruba! I found it in the post about the competition for the best ErrorLog! I entered my mistake, where I made it and for what reason I made it. I just wrote 1 or 2 keywords or sentences next to it. After a while I got a bit tired of it and when I did e.g. OG12 I wrote down all the numbers of the questions that I did on a sheet of paper and whenever I got one wrong I marked it and wrote again 1 or 2 sentences next to it. In the last two weeks I just revised all the questions that I got wrong, applying the same principle as with all questions.

Honestly, I got totally burned out in my last week. My motivation diminished and I was just sick of doing mock tests and revising my stuff. So I knew that I have to do it now and that if I was to study for another 2 weeks my results would worsen. So in my opinion it is true that you have to write the test at the right point of time and not too late. Furthermore, whenever I did a GMATprep, I was totally unmotivated. The idea that I have to sit on my desk for some 4 hours and do this test just made me feel horrible. But I forced myself to do so.Again and again. But still, after one week after the exam, I still feel tired nad it`s hard for me to remotivate for my regular university schedule. Hope that changes soon.

Hope that helped.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Vonshuriz, thanks for replying to my message. How did you deal with the burnout? How did you get yourself in the right mind frame?

Best regards.

vonshuriz wrote:
Thanks nonameee!

First, I downloaded the error log of the GMATclub-member Saruba! I found it in the post about the competition for the best ErrorLog! I entered my mistake, where I made it and for what reason I made it. I just wrote 1 or 2 keywords or sentences next to it. After a while I got a bit tired of it and when I did e.g. OG12 I wrote down all the numbers of the questions that I did on a sheet of paper and whenever I got one wrong I marked it and wrote again 1 or 2 sentences next to it. In the last two weeks I just revised all the questions that I got wrong, applying the same principle as with all questions.

Honestly, I got totally burned out in my last week. My motivation diminished and I was just sick of doing mock tests and revising my stuff. So I knew that I have to do it now and that if I was to study for another 2 weeks my results would worsen. So in my opinion it is true that you have to write the test at the right point of time and not too late. Furthermore, whenever I did a GMATprep, I was totally unmotivated. The idea that I have to sit on my desk for some 4 hours and do this test just made me feel horrible. But I forced myself to do so.Again and again. But still, after one week after the exam, I still feel tired nad it`s hard for me to remotivate for my regular university schedule. Hope that changes soon.

Hope that helped.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Send PM
Keep it up buddy.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Do you have any tips for verbal, you made quite the improvement. Which area did you improve in the most, SC/RC/CR? I'm having trouble with CR and RC. Do you have any tips on improving those?
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V37
Send PM
@nonameee: I tried to relax during my last week. I did not do too heavy stuff during that week but just reviewed my mistakes and did GMATprep twice. That`s it. I told my self again and again that I studied for 3 months now and that this will pay off. I won´t fail just of because of feeling tired. But I knew that if I would study for another 2 weeks my performance probably had been lower. It is important to keep up your confidence during this time. You should be at a point where there would be no excuses for a bad result. So you won´t just fail because of burn out!!

@Dawgie: After I took GMATprep the first time I realized that I was really weak in Verbal. Kaplan Premier did not give me the necessary tools to deal with the Verbal part. So I went through PowerScore Verbal Bible! It was such a great help for me! I learned about things that I have never heard of before.
I was pretty strong in RC so I did not study too much for that. What I did was, while reading the passage, I made some notes and made sure that I covered the most important facts. (PowerScore has also a great strategy for CR) I actually never looked back at my notes but by writing down the facts, I actively attacked the passage, which is the most important thing in all Verbal parts. The questions are not too hard in my opinion and most things are explicitely stated in the text. Unfortunately this is not the case with CR. I also had a hard time with those. I think practice (doing questions) is crucial here. After doing OG12 I started to realize the patterns behind the questions. This is the best thing you can do. During the actual exam however, RC and CR were the toughest questions in my view.
To sum it up: PowerScore definitely helped me to boost my score. Go through the book and than attack the questions in OG!! Then you should be fine.

Originally posted by vonshuriz on 10 Jun 2010, 09:38.
Last edited by vonshuriz on 10 Jun 2010, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 165 [0]
Schools:IU, UT Dallas, Univ of Georgia, Univ of Arkansas, Miami University
WE 1: 5.5 Yrs IT
Send PM
Congratulations! Very inspiring. I am taking the test on 14th.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts