Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:23 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Stern '13
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools:NYU (Interviewed), Columbia (Ding), Georgetown (Interview)
WE 1: 5 yrs
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink]
avb212 wrote:
Any movement from other post-interview waitlisters? I've seen dings (and people getting pulled in for interviews) for the w/o folks, but haven't heard anything about people who already had their interview.

I'm in the same boat: waitlisted post-interview with no news received. I can't tell if my odds are better or worse for having already been interviewed, though I'd imagine that it's not about odds and more about profile needs at this point.

This forum will be the first to know of any changes to my status. Appreciate the updates, folks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
uwsmatt wrote:
avb212 wrote:
Any movement from other post-interview waitlisters? I've seen dings (and people getting pulled in for interviews) for the w/o folks, but haven't heard anything about people who already had their interview.

I'm in the same boat: waitlisted post-interview with no news received. I can't tell if my odds are better or worse for having already been interviewed, though I'd imagine that it's not about odds and more about profile needs at this point.

This forum will be the first to know of any changes to my status. Appreciate the updates, folks!

Likewise, though I was pulled from the waitlist to be interviewed, then put BACK on the waitlist, so I guess they didn't see whatever they were looking for in the first place. Here's hoping our respective twins decide not to attend after all...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Stern '13
Send PM
avb212 wrote:

Likewise, though I was pulled from the waitlist to be interviewed, then put BACK on the waitlist, so I guess they didn't see whatever they were looking for in the first place. Here's hoping our respective twins decide not to attend after all...

Double waitlisted? Ouch! :shock:

I am in the opinion that the people who are interviewed then waitlisted (including myself) are in a worse position. Before I saw waitlisters who interviewed then admitted, I would say we are in a better position since our interviews are already out of the way. But now I feel as though if you've been interviewed then waitlisted, there was something wrong with the interview. I personally did not see one post where a candidate was interviewed and then denied. Maybe Stern feels like it's better to keep the candidates that have already interviewed at bay, since they've passed certain criteria, but they are at a disadvantage compared to someone who gets invited to an interview from the waitlist and completely aces the interview.

My two pennies.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
 Q49  V40
Send PM
I know smb who was denied after interview

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
Applicant1978 wrote:

@Applicant1978, can you please clarify your statement? What is smb? And that smb was waitlisted and then denied after an interview? Or was the waitlist involved at all?

@cwhs, I'd say it's pretty much random so it's impossible to speculate on who is at an advantage or a disadvantage right now.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cwhs wrote:
avb212 wrote:

Double waitlisted? Ouch! :shock:

I am in the opinion that the people who are interviewed then waitlisted (including myself) are in a worse position. Before I saw waitlisters who interviewed then admitted, I would say we are in a better position since our interviews are already out of the way. But now I feel as though if you've been interviewed then waitlisted, there was something wrong with the interview. I personally did not see one post where a candidate was interviewed and then denied. Maybe Stern feels like it's better to keep the candidates that have already interviewed at bay, since they've passed certain criteria, but they are at a disadvantage compared to someone who gets invited to an interview from the waitlist and completely aces the interview.

My two pennies.

As this process doesn't really follow any pattern, there's not much to do other than blindly make guesses as to the motivations of the admissions committee. That said, I agree. I suspect pre-interview WLs are for rounding along with R3, and post-interview is for last minute quick fixes to the class later in the summer. My concern is that I can't recall post-interview WLers from previous years, either here or on BW, mentioning that they were pulled in at all. So, boo to that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Applicant1978 wrote:
Received a confirmation that my background check was competed and I am officially enrolled. Even though I was sure that I indicated all info in my application accurately, still feels much better))).

Hi, man.congrats on the official enrolment. Was the confirmation sent to the school's email account or the personal account? I'm still waiting for mine.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V40
Send PM
jx8301 wrote:
Applicant1978 wrote:
Received a confirmation that my background check was competed and I am officially enrolled. Even though I was sure that I indicated all info in my application accurately, still feels much better))).

Hi, man.congrats on the official enrolment. Was the confirmation sent to the school's email account or the personal account? I'm still waiting for mine.

To the personal email. Good luck. How long are you waiting already?
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V40
Send PM
gkumar wrote:
Applicant1978 wrote:

@Applicant1978, can you please clarify your statement? What is smb? And that smb was waitlisted and then denied after an interview? Or was the waitlist involved at all?

@cwhs, I'd say it's pretty much random so it's impossible to speculate on who is at an advantage or a disadvantage right now.

cwhs mentioned that there were no posts about people denied after interviews. I know a couple of people (off this forum) who were interviewed and then denied, no waitlist involved.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Applicant1978 wrote:
jx8301 wrote:
Applicant1978 wrote:

To the personal email. Good luck. How long are you waiting already?

Thanks for the info. I'm an international admit and waited six weeks already. Really have no idea how much longer will it take.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V40
Send PM
jx8301, I am international as well and waited for about 6 weeks. Where are you from if I may ask?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Applicant1978 wrote:
jx8301, I am international as well and waited for about 6 weeks. Where are you from if I may ask?

I'm from South East Asia. How abt you? I wonder if they send out clearance in batches.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Applicant1978, just found that response was sending out through my old account when I was using my old PC. Anyways. I'm from South East Asia and still waiting.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V40
Send PM
jx8301 wrote:
Applicant1978, just found that response was sending out through my old account when I was using my old PC. Anyways. I'm from South East Asia and still waiting.

I am from East Europe
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know if there is a lot of interaction between the b-schools in NYC - Columbia and NYU? Like there is between Harvard and MIT?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
So quiet.....Why is there even still a waitlist at this point?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
thomas92 wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a lot of interaction between the b-schools in NYC - Columbia and NYU? Like there is between Harvard and MIT?

There are regular mixers, sport events and stuff. Not quite like I imagine in Cambridge, as there is a lot more stuff as a whole going on in New York and 100 blocks is a long way. There are numerous initiatives that take people from both schools though - it is there if you want it, but normally the 800 / 1400 people in your school will be more than enough.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54