Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:53 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:NYU Stern/Fordham/Rutgers
GPA: 3.47
WE 1: 3 years
Send PM
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink]
I am sure it is in the packet I have at home, but can anyone provide me the School ID for the Kroll process.

Just to answer some questions, I submitted my application on May 15th and found out on June 7th that I was accepted.

Also, I was looking on the website and it appears that I will be able to waive out of the Firms and Markets class as an Economics major. Langone2009 and any other current students, do you think this is worth doing? What is the sentiment around waiving out of classes? Will I be able to take a different core class instead or do I just take one class the first semester?

Sorry for all the questions!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone have any insight on the best way to reach Washington Square by train and other mass transit from the Northeast Corridor line in NJ?

I'm thinking it might be better to just drive because it looks like a lot of trains don't run on the weekend, but I'm hoping there is an easier way.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BskoolHopeful I'm not a current student, but the website says that you can take additional electives in place of any class you place out of.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
How long does the KROLL process normally take? What types of questions can they typically come back with? Any input would be highly appreciated!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance
Schools:NYU
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
drsparnum wrote:
Does anyone have any insight on the best way to reach Washington Square by train and other mass transit from the Northeast Corridor line in NJ?

I'm thinking it might be better to just drive because it looks like a lot of trains don't run on the weekend, but I'm hoping there is an easier way.

You can take the NE Corridor all the way to Penn Station, then take the A, C, or E train to Washington Square... it's maybe 3 stops down the line... very easy trip.

If you're heading in on weekends... a [very] recent Stern grad in my office said driving can actually be easier/quicker.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
bskoolhopeful:
Lots of people waive out of firms and markets, you would also waive out of global economy. If you are scheduled to take F & M first semester (you may not depending on which core group you are in), and you waive out you can take another core class and I would if I were you. If you are going to be taking out any loans you will need 6 credits to qualify. The basic 4 core classes that you will take fall and spring semester are Leadership in Organizations, Accounting, Statistics and Firms & Markets. So just take one of the others. It's also a great opportunity to meet new people. The only reason to not wiave out is if you want to be a TA at some point in the Econ dept. You must have taken the class you are going to TA for. Hope this answers your question!
Intern
Intern
Schools:NYU Stern/Fordham/Rutgers
GPA: 3.47
WE 1: 3 years
Send PM
Thank you for your response langone2009, it has been very helpful.
Intern
Intern
Schools:NYU Stern
Send PM
ChickenDinner wrote:

You can take the NE Corridor all the way to Penn Station, then take the A, C, or E train to Washington Square... it's maybe 3 stops down the line... very easy trip.

If you're heading in on weekends... a [very] recent Stern grad in my office said driving can actually be easier/quicker.

where to park the car?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
another option for people who are in the weekend option could be to drive to one of the NJ path stations (journal sq), park there, and then take the path to NYC and get off at say 9th st path station. I have never tried it personally, but it could end up being faster. I have to try it one Saturday.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wow, I paid KROLL and faxed them this morning and received this email this afternoon...

Nick79 wrote:
amittilak wrote:
Nick79,
It means that they have started the verification process. They will start calling your employers pretty soon. Atleast that's what happened in my case. My employer got the call on the same day. Hope this helps.
AT

Nick79 wrote:
Hey guys, I received this generic e-mail; the subject line reads: GAV International Verification Notification‏

"This communication contains information that is confidential,proprietary in nature, and may also be attorney-client privilegedand/or work product privileged. It is for the exclusive use of theintended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) orthe person responsible for delivering it to the intendedrecipient(s), please note that any form of dissemination,distribution or copying of this communication is strictlyprohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received thiscommunication in error, please immediately notify the sender by replyingto this message and delete this email immediately. Thank you for your cooperation. Please be advised that neither Kroll, its affiliates, its employeesor agents accept liability for any errors, omissions or damagescaused by delays of receipt or by any virus infection in thismessage or its attachments, or which may otherwise arise as aresult of this e-mail transmission."

Does this mean they started the verification process? The e-mail doesn't really say much though. Any idea?!

Sure does; I e-mailed the adcom to make them aware of my group transfer within my company, as my direct supervisor is now a different person than my original recommender. This happened after i submitted my application though so when I submitted it I was still under my old manager. Hope this won't cause any issues because I told the truth in my application.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
do you guys know if the admission process is rolling? applied pretty early on, but haven't heard anything back yet, so starting to get anxious. I think most notifications going out on 8/1 are going to be dings/waitlist. So, for those not accepted yet, we have 4 weeks left to find out.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was hoping to hear something this week on Monday and Tuesday as it happened in previous weeks. I checked the Facebook page and there are around 55 people who are part of it and got accepted. No clue what adcom is doing right now. Keeping fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
I copied this from an old thread (by user Tenore on the fall 2008 thread). it's an analysis of the fall 2007 admission timeline.

nyu-langone-fall-59931-100.html
(second to last post)

assuming the process hasn't changed much in the past few years, looks like the majority of notifications haven't gone out yet.

hopefully this makes you a little less anxious :)

Timeline facts:

~ 15% of admits notified in first 4 weeks.
~ 50% of admits notified by 2nd week of July.
~ 90% of admits notified by August.
~ 65% (290) of admits notified between July 4th and Aug 3rd, making July the busiest month.

The Timeline:

May 15: Deadline passes / App review begins
May 23: First GMAT club member admitted (checkitout)
June 19: 75 students admitted (according to the admitted student d-base)
June 27: 108 admitted
June 27: First GMAT club member rejected (RCReddy)
July 04: 130 admitted
July 13: 230 admitted (huge jump!)
July 22: 262 admitted
July 24: 288 admitted
July 25: 306 admitted
Aug 03: 420 admitted
Aug 09: Some waitlisted folks get in.
Aug 09: 440 admitted
Aug 17: 447 admitted
Aug 20: Several reject notices went out.

Note 1: It takes a few days for an admit to pay the deposit and show up in the database.
Note 2: Data is from the gmat club ‘NYU Langone Fall 2007’ thread

Observations and assumptions:

- Most of those who are admitted in the first 4 weeks have super strong profiles.
- Having a high gmat score does not mean you’ll know sooner. Aurora73 gets in on Jul 18th with a 760 gmat.
- Submitting early or late seems to have no effect on when you get notification.
- Notifications typically come on Tuesdays and Fridays (needs confirmation).
- 2 gmat clubbers get off the waitlist in early August.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey all, I just got admitted today. Weeknights Washington Square. I posted stats earlier, but for the database - 730 GMAT, 3.6 Undergrad, 4 years industry experience, CPA
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I too got admitted today in the Weekends program.

31/M, CFA
Undergrad GPA 3.4 from a 2nd tier Connecticut school
GMAT 720
8 yrs exp, working for a fund-of-funds
My EC is my weekest part of my application - working full time through school
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
today>>> thanks for the post, very helpful

I'm not too worried yet. At an info session that I went to a couple months back, one of the adcom members mentioned that a large chunk of the decisions are made in July... so we still have plenty of time to sweat it out :wink:

Honestly, you have to factor in how much time it takes to go through each of the 900 or so applications... each 'package' (complete set of application documents) are reviewed by at least 3 separate adcom members. Even if each member only takes 2 hours to review each applicant... you're still looking at around 5,400 work hours (at the low end).

Obviously, this is just a gross generalization, based on rough guestimated numbers... but you can appreciate what an enormous undertaking the review process is, and hopefully see how it's nearly impossible to send out all notifications in only 4 weeks.

So relax, grab a beer (or four), and watch some World Cup 8-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I stated KROLL process on Tuesday, They called HR in our company on Wendesday. Somebody from KROLL today emailed me asking for copies of my undergrad degree certificate since it was not from the US. When I look at the fax number I thought it was a spam, then I figured that person is from KROLL India based on the email signiture. Thank God they also accept scan/email.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  31