Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:04 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 521 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Re: What are peoples' hobbies? [#permalink]
USF1 wrote:
I am a HUGE fan of Formula 1 Racing!!

Yesterday they announced that Formula 1 is returning to USA!! To Austin Texas!! Only 8 hours drive from my home!!

Really? Nice. I might have to check that out. Where are they racing?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I also love Big Bang Theory - Sheldon Cooper is my hero!

Also love dancing, traveling, and beauty/fashion!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I play video games on PC. I am playing Battlefield: Bad company 2 right now and its LEGENDARAY. And yeah, you guessed it right. I am a HUGE fan of The big bang theory (BBT) and How I met your Mother (HIMYM) and I love Barney and Raj.

Apart from this, I am a hollywood buff. I watch like 5 movies a week.

And no, no physical work for me. No sports as of now. But I am into playing carrom at work and pool with ma gang on weekends. Bar hopping: yes. Getting lucky with girls: no.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:CBS
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Kudos
I love "Always Sunny in Philadelphia"

...though after being dinged from Wharton I had to DVR and fastforward through the opening credits (scenes of philly) for a few weeks. Gotta love the little neuroses.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
I help poor people get buff. Sandy style ;-)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
i love video games. have all the consoles but all have been collecting dust due to mba apps, other interests etc. I also play magic the gathering and go out with people to whereever.
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
shaselai wrote:
i love video games. have all the consoles but all have been collecting dust due to mba apps, other interests etc. I also play magic the gathering and go out with people to whereever.

I used to be a huge video game fan! I even had the Virtual Boy and Neo-Geo.

Did you pay attention to this year's E3 convention? I thought Nintendo's 3DS was very interesting. Microsoft's Kinect also looks promising, at least in the long term. That's where I see the gaming industry in the next 10 years or so: 3-D and controller-less movement.

What do you think?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
i actually think both PS3's motion and Microsoft's Kinetic will fail horribly - Kinetic might fail more. The problem with Kinetic imo is that any game where feedback is vital -racing, shooters,adventures etc. will suffer since every action/frame counts. I do see the potential in "party games" but anything with prolonged play like racing or shooters will be incredibly awkward. If I want to spend that much energy playing games I might as well go to the gym... Sure Kinetic could introduce controllers but that would end up being a PS3 Motion. PS3 motion might be OK but it wont be as successful as the wii just because it is an accessory.

The main reason I believe both will fail is the controllers are both "accessories". Some people might shell out 100$ to try the neat tech but if it is not mandatory I bet most will just stick with their old controllers. I actually hate the Wii controllers very much - i always try to use the D pad whenever I can :p.

The 3DS is nice but i am wondering how bad it will be to the eyes - the handhelds are already bad for the eyes...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 211 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
shaselai wrote:
i actually think both PS3's motion and Microsoft's Kinetic will fail horribly - Kinetic might fail more. The problem with Kinetic imo is that any game where feedback is vital -racing, shooters,adventures etc. will suffer since every action/frame counts. I do see the potential in "party games" but anything with prolonged play like racing or shooters will be incredibly awkward. If I want to spend that much energy playing games I might as well go to the gym... Sure Kinetic could introduce controllers but that would end up being a PS3 Motion. PS3 motion might be OK but it wont be as successful as the wii just because it is an accessory.

The main reason I believe both will fail is the controllers are both "accessories". Some people might shell out 100$ to try the neat tech but if it is not mandatory I bet most will just stick with their old controllers. I actually hate the Wii controllers very much - i always try to use the D pad whenever I can :p.

The 3DS is nice but i am wondering how bad it will be to the eyes - the handhelds are already bad for the eyes...

Agreed! Kinect could be a disaster if they don't fix some bugs. Am I the only one who noticed that the Star Wars game was pre-recorded? The guy playing it made movements AFTER the on-screen character in multiple spots!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Schools:Cambridge (R2-Matriculating), Nyenrode (Accepted), Oxford (R2-Interview invite)
 Q46  V41
WE 1: Army officer (Corps of Engineers)
WE 2: Air Quality Control Engineer
WE 3: Water Resources Engineer
Send PM
I enjoy playing soccer and right now I'm in heaven watching the World Cup games. Especially since the Netherlands has made it to the final 4 :-D (I'm half Dutch)

I also really enjoy dancing (mainly salsa) and reading. Other than that, I run, go to the gym, bike, hike, play tennis.

Favorite TV show is NCIS, although I have unfortunately recently become addicted to The Bachelorette. It's awful, really, but now that I've started watching, I can't stop. :oops:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
TV Sitcoms and the Internet. I sometimes spend afternoons just surfing what have you in the Internet - before you know it, the whole day is done. Love 30 Rock, Modern Family and any Chris Lilley comedies (Summer Heights High and We Can Be Heroes)! Waiting for the next Lilley.

Studying for languages is another passion - know 2 languages fluently, 1 advanced and 3 beginner. Just love it. Cuisine is another interest - fair pastry chef. Would love to take formal classes but consulting demands hours (not to mention classes are expensive).
GRE Forum Moderator
Affiliations: PMP certified, IT professional
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: MS -IS
Schools:CMU, Kelley
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Any fans of Steve Carell's " The Office"?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
resh wrote:

Did I stutter?

sincerely,

Stanley
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
lagomez wrote:
resh wrote:

Did I stutter?

sincerely,

Stanley

"Did I stutter" - Classic Stanley moment !!
Of all the characters, I love Dwight.. Hehe :-D

Dwight Schrute is my Hero!!!
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
My fav hobby is crochet. I crochet anything and everything I possibly can think of from scarves, caps etc to washcloth, table cloth, blanket, baby boots etc etc.
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
resh wrote:

Dwight Schrute is my Hero!!!

My Dwight Favourite is "Dwight Schrute's perfect crime" :twisted:

Dwight Schrute: What is my perfect crime? I break into Tiffany's at midnight. Do I go for the vault? No. I go for the chandelier; it's priceless. As I'm taking it down, a woman catches me. She tells me to stop. It's her father's business. She's Tiffany. I say no. We make love all night. In the morning the cops come and I escape in one of their uniforms. I tell her to meet me in Mexico but I go to Canada. I don't trust her. Besides, I love the cold. Thirty years later I get a postcard. I have a son. And he's the Chief of Police. This is where the story gets interesting: I tell Tiffany to meet me in Paris by the Trocadero. She's been waiting for me all these years. She's never taken another lover. I don't care. I don't show up. I go to Berlin. That's where I stashed the chandelier.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: HLS
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I like playing squash and going to Greece.

Playing squash in Greece would be like putting in 75 cents in a vending machine that has a bag of skittles in an auspicious angle, shaking the machine while no one is looking, and snatching two bags of skittles.

I also enjoy prepping for the LSAT
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4