Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Online GMAT course - so many to pick from [#permalink]
Thanks Omar an Gurpreet. I was able to procure MGMAT books from a friend of mine. Keeping that in mind, sounds like Knewton, Veritas and MGMAT are close competitors and anyone of them should be a good bet. I will Look at their price/benefits package.
Good luck Omar with your preparation... :wink:
Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Concentration: International Relations
Send PM
Hi Rambo,

Thanks for your interest in our courses! I realize that my post will be biased, but I did want to throw out a couple of points for you:

1. As Omar said, you can attend the first session of our 9 session course for free, to get a better sense of it. You can find a listing of our upcoming free classes here: https://www.manhattangmat.com/free-gmat-prep-course.cfm Let me know what you think!

2. If you're not sure you want to commit to a class each week for 9 weeks, or you feel that maybe you don't need a class setting to help you stay motivated, we do offer a Guided Self Study option, where you get access to all the course materials as well as an hour of time with an instructor (what we call "office hours" - the Live Online class comes with one half hour session a week). You can find more information about that here: https://www.manhattangmat.com/gmat-prep-self-study.cfm

3. As per Gupreet's point, all the materials he listed are indeed included in both the Live Online and the Guided Self Study options.

Please feel free to ask me any other questions you may have about Manhattan GMAT! I'd be happy to answer them!

Best,
Caitlin Clay
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT
Knewton GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: AWA, Personal Statements, Sentence Correction
Schools:BA Amherst College, MFA Brooklyn College
Send PM
Hi Rambo,

Glad to hear you're considering Knewton.

I'm happy to provide some basic info about our course and how we distinguish ourselves from our competitors:

1) Money-Back Guarantee. This is a big one. Score 50 points higher on the GMAT, or we'll give you your money back. (If you have an official GMAT score, that will be your baseline; if you don't, you'll take a Knewton diagnostic.)

2. Year-long membership and flexible class schedules. We have tons of class starts in the coming days and weeks, so you'll be sure to find a class that fits into your schedule. (Plus, you can always watch on-demand if you have a one-time conflict). Your Knewton membership is good for a whole year, so if you need to postpone your test or want to retake it, you won't have to pay more!

3. Price. Our online-only model allows us to offer you our course for a fraction of the price of competitors' courses--without sacrificing quality.

Our academics and customer support teams are always on hand to answer any questions you might have about the GMAT or our course. If you're interested, check out a free trial of the course by going to https://www.knewton.com/gmat/. (If you sign up through GMAT Club, you'll get the GMAT Club tests - $79 value - for free!)

Good luck with your prep and hope to see you in class!

Best,
Josh
Princeton Review Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hello Rambo,

I appreciate your interest in our LiveOnline course and it is perfect timing! If you enroll in our LiveOnline course before 6/30 you can save $350. However, I know this is a big decision, so if you need a little extra time I can extend the offer for you (probably about a week). I would like to give you some information on our LiveOnline course that I think will be useful in your decision making process.

We now have TWO instructors for this course. That means, if you need a little extra help, we have the resources to provide you with that extra time and attention. The course also provides you 7 full-length, computer-adaptive GMAT exams which gives you plenty of practice. Another really cool aspect of this course is that the homework is customized based on your strengths and weaknesses. So, if you’re struggling on quant and joeshmo is struggling with verbal, you will both receive extra focus in those areas. Lastly, if you miss a lesson or think you missed something in a particular class, don’t worry. All our lessons will be recorded for makeups and reviews. You can check out more specs and the schedule on our website under the business tab.

I noticed Knewton said they offer a money back guarantee; please note you can feel secure with our satisfaction guarantee, readiness guarantee and money back guarantee.

I hope this information aids you in your decision making process. If you have any questions about our courses, I am happy to help!

Best Regards,
Anthony
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi rambo,

I thought I'd throw Veritas Prep's hat into the ring, too. A few things to consider:

1. Veritas Prep offers more hours of classroom preparation than any other leading course. Why does this matter? We don't teach tips and tricks; we actually teach you the higher-order thinking skills necessary for you to do well on the GMAT. (Note the new section that GMAC added to the GMAT last week... This is very consistent with our philosophy, which is why BusinessWeek and Inside Higher Ed interviewed us about the new GMAT.) This type of thinking simply can't be taught in under 30 hours, which is why our course is 42 hours long.

2. Veritas Prep only hires instructors who have scored in the 99th percentile. Because we teach the higher-order thinking skills that are needed to excel on the GMAT (and in business school), we are very picky about making sure that every instructor we hire has demonstrated these skill himself or herself. Just one in ten instructors who apply for a teaching job with Veritas Prep is even considered for hire.

3. Veritas Prep offers 15 practice CATs, plus seven in-depth diagnostic exams. We believe that practice tests and diagnostics are best used to measure your progress, which is why we offer more of them than anyone in the industry. Plus, our students complete an online diagnostic test once a week during our seven-week Complete Course.

4. If you take our course and don't get the GMAT score you want, or just want to prepare some more before taking the exam, you can take the course again free of charge. While many of our students complete the course and feel that they're very well prepared for the GMAT, if you want to take the course again any time within six months, just call us and we'll gladly put you in the next course, no questions asked.

5. Tens of thousands of students have chosen Veritas Prep to help them on the GMAT In fact, we're the largest privately-owned GMAT prep provider in the world, because our system works and our students let their friends know about it. We don't offer discounts left and right; we just help you get a great score. You can see many REAL students' testimonials here!

Please let me know if you have any more questions about Veritas Prep!

Scott
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Thanks to all the reps who have posted.

We also have a review thread:
gmat-prep-course-reviews-discount-codes-78451.html#p590321
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks guys. Lot of good options here.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
There is no doubt that Manhattan's Books are the best. I talked to someone who took had Manhattan's books and another company's course. He thought he had taken too much. I would suggest going with Manhattan.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi everyone,

I thought this would be as good as place as any to announce that, as of today, all of Veritas Prep's GMAT books are available for individual purchase. We had always resisted making this decision since we carefully control every aspect of our classroom instruction, but after years of having to tell students "sorry, no" when asked if they could buy or books, we have decided to make them available for the first time ever.

You can purchase them on our site or on Amazon.com!

Scott
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have MGMAT RC and SC books. Do I need to take any classroom courses from Kaplan or Manhattan..?? I am pretty new to GMAT (had taken CAT, India one time with decent score)..Please assist me how should I proceed for my GMAT preparations, I am a working profesional.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
skhandelwal wrote:
I have MGMAT RC and SC books. Do I need to take any classroom courses from Kaplan or Manhattan..?? I am pretty new to GMAT (had taken CAT, India one time with decent score)..Please assist me how should I proceed for my GMAT preparations, I am a working profesional.

Go with Manhattan, they will probably give you discount for already having RC and SC books (about $50).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 211 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
Out of curiosity -- what score are you going for?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
https://onlineclasses.nanotechbiz.org/
Add this one for one more for the online classes live on GMAT.

This is peer virtual classroom for students only where you can talk with other students giving GMAT, although teachers are also invited:
https://www.wiziq.com/course/697-GMAT-Study-Group

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_dH0Z2u_8Q[/youtube]

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot