Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:NYU Stern
Send PM
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink]
Sorry, I stated it incorrectly.
The Stern MBA is 60 credits; 33 credits are core classes.

https://www.stern.nyu.edu/AcademicProgra ... /index.htm

today wrote:
ukyo, where do you see 33 core courses? i only see 9 (under "do i have to take the entire core" in the student tour)

on a related note, how many courses are you guys planning on waiving?
i was thinking of waiving out of 5...but i don't know if i'll be missing out on stuff by waiving so many.

ukyo wrote:
do you study with the same core group for all core courses? there are 33 core courses?
how does that work?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
today wrote:
ukyo, where do you see 33 core courses? i only see 9 (under "do i have to take the entire core" in the student tour)

i was thinking of waiving out of 5...but i don't know if i'll be missing out on stuff by waiving so many.

ukyo wrote:
do you study with the same core group for all core courses? there are 33 core courses?
how does that work?

Wow, 5 courses? What was your major?

I am waiving out of 0 as I was a Foreign Languages major in college. Yay liberal arts.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i was a comp sci major so i can't waive them that way, but i'm a CFA charterholder and a lot of the core courses materials seem to overlap with the CFA material.
i don't know if i will try to waive all 5...maybe i'm being overly zealous. it's just that the electives sound so much more interesting than say, stats or financial accounting. sigh.

arruhbee wrote:
today wrote:

ukyo wrote:
how does that work?

Wow, 5 courses? What was your major?

I am waiving out of 0 as I was a Foreign Languages major in college. Yay liberal arts.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all!
I just got accepted yesterday into the weeknights in Washington Square, my profile is:
26/F
GMAT 710, writing score 6
BS Business Admin, GPA 3.3
5 years experience in advertising sales
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TtotheP wrote:
As an FYI - I called the bursar's office and they were very helpful in breaking down the cost... keep in mind tuition will increase by average of 5% each academic year.

I also found the Tuition tab on the Bursar homepage helpful...

I'm calculating about $108k between Tuition, Fees and Books for completing 60 credits over 2.5 years including the roughly 5% inc. for tuition each year... not cheap - but roughly what I was expecting.

TtotheP wrote:
A few questions:
- Does anyone know of a detailed breakdown for cost of attendance? The table on the Stern site doesn't make sense to me (e.g. 12 credits is actually less than the tuition and fees they have listed if working off of the $1,515 per credit... would love to really understand the cost better... what would "Misc" that they have at $4,960 be?
- At a high-level... appears it's pretty much 2 classes a week (6pm - 9pm) for duration of program - am I understanding that right?
- Where does the schoolID for Kroll come from?

Very excited to meet everyone!!!

I am confused by this...this link breaks the costs down to much less...(I cannot post the link but google "NYU 2010-2011 Budget for Langone Student" and you should find it... it would cost 60k according to this, because I am not including room and board to my expenses since I would have those anyway and will be working full time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Stern Part-time
Send PM
Passed the Quant Assessment a few days ago on my first try with minimal effort! Have to say, the questions are much easier than the practice ones.

Does anyone know how long the Kroll process takes? I received an email from them a few days ago letting me know that they've begun their background check on me. So, just wondering if anyone knows how long it usually takes after you receive that email.

Called Bursar earlier today and they confirmed that they've got my tuition for Fall 2010, so almost completely set!

Congrats to all the new admits!!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
The simplest calculation is based on the tuition per credit (which is $1,560)... multiply $1,560 by 60 credits and it comes out to $93,600. That doesn't take into account ~5% annual increase, fees, books, etc. So that's a minimum. You can always call the bursar's office to get more info...

indiglo789 wrote:
TtotheP wrote:
As an FYI - I called the bursar's office and they were very helpful in breaking down the cost... keep in mind tuition will increase by average of 5% each academic year.

I also found the Tuition tab on the Bursar homepage helpful...

I'm calculating about $108k between Tuition, Fees and Books for completing 60 credits over 2.5 years including the roughly 5% inc. for tuition each year... not cheap - but roughly what I was expecting.

TtotheP wrote:
A few questions:
- Does anyone know of a detailed breakdown for cost of attendance? The table on the Stern site doesn't make sense to me (e.g. 12 credits is actually less than the tuition and fees they have listed if working off of the $1,515 per credit... would love to really understand the cost better... what would "Misc" that they have at $4,960 be?
- At a high-level... appears it's pretty much 2 classes a week (6pm - 9pm) for duration of program - am I understanding that right?
- Where does the schoolID for Kroll come from?

Very excited to meet everyone!!!

I am confused by this...this link breaks the costs down to much less...(I cannot post the link but google "NYU 2010-2011 Budget for Langone Student" and you should find it... it would cost 60k according to this, because I am not including room and board to my expenses since I would have those anyway and will be working full time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
today,

I am also in the process of getting my CFA charter. I was also wondering if I would learn a lot taking Stats or Financial accounting. Seniors do you have any advice on how useful Stats is in the overall curriculum ?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hello everyone,

How do we know when the Kroll background check is complete? I haven't heard anything.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got into Washington Square Weekend. Thank you this forum for valuable information through out this process.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got a magic email, accepted into weekend program.

33/m/indian
GMAT 660 (47,35)
11 yrs experience IT - Pharma, Finance

Can not wait to meet everyone!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Stern Part-time
Send PM
jc3850 wrote:
Hello everyone,

How do we know when the Kroll background check is complete? I haven't heard anything.

Thanks!

My understanding is that we'll actually get an email from either Kroll or Stern MBA Admissions (not sure which) that actually tells us that the background check is complete. Your status will also change on the link where you originally found your online offer letter (that currently says "We've received your enrollment deposit. Please initiate the background check...").

I got an email from Kroll stating that they started the process a week ago today, so I'm hoping it's done soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi brohan,
i would imagine it's about as useful as it was in the CFA curriculum. which is to say, necessary to understand the concepts and the basic calculations, but we wouldn't need to know it in quite as much depth. that's just my guess though, maybe the current students can provide more insight.

what level are you on? i'm thinking of going back over the level 1 books to refresh my memory.

brohan wrote:
today,

I am also in the process of getting my CFA charter. I was also wondering if I would learn a lot taking Stats or Financial accounting. Seniors do you have any advice on how useful Stats is in the overall curriculum ?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
today, I sat for the level 2 exam this June. I am thinking of giving the waiver exams for Stats and Financial A/c and decide based on how comfortable I feel with the subjects and the exam results. What about you ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I sent my info into Kroll 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard back from them or from NYU Stern. Has anyone heard back?

Thank you

MCJD4ever wrote:
jc3850 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks!

My understanding is that we'll actually get an email from either Kroll or Stern MBA Admissions (not sure which) that actually tells us that the background check is complete. Your status will also change on the link where you originally found your online offer letter (that currently says "We've received your enrollment deposit. Please initiate the background check...").

I got an email from Kroll stating that they started the process a week ago today, so I'm hoping it's done soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got accepted into the Washington Square Weeknights program on Monday. Super excited!!! Perfect ending to a 3-week vacation in Asia.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
brohan wrote:
today, I sat for the level 2 exam this June. I am thinking of giving the waiver exams for Stats and Financial A/c and decide based on how comfortable I feel with the subjects and the exam results. What about you ?

i'm definitely going to try to waive out of stats and accounting, and maybe also firms&markets and finance.
you're definitely at an advantage over me with the material fresh in your memory, especially with level 2 and accounting. it's been a couple years since i've looked at the material.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  31