Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72879 [0]
Given Kudos: 18866
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg '10
 Q46  V47
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 105 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: IT
Schools:Duke,Oxford,IMD,INSEAD
GPA: 3.79
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance
 Q48  V35
Send PM
Re: Wall Street Journal 1-year MBA Program Rankings Are Out [#permalink]
Where the bleep is Queen's? It is #1 in businessweek among non-US MBAs, and their program is only 1 year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Interesting to learn about Pepperdine.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
Schools:St. Gallen '09
 Q47  V40
Send PM
WSJ's methodology can be found here:

https://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 00244.html

Quote:
School eligibility criteria included accreditation by AACSB and Equis, the main business-school accrediting bodies in the U.S. and Europe; a minimum of four previous graduating classes; an international student body; and enrollment of 12 students or more in the class graduating before Sept. 15, 2009. Additionally, a school's students had to have an average of at least three years' work experience. Some 65 schools made the cut, and 13 of those schools declined to participate, most citing inadequate contacts with alumni or inadequate staffing to process our requests for contacts. Those schools were: University of Cambridge, University of Edinburgh, University of Georgia (Terry), HEC School of Management, Henley Business School, Imperial College of Business, Macquarie Graduate School of Management, University of Notre Dame (Mendoza), University of Ottawa, Queens University, University of Rotterdam (Erasmus), University of Southern California (Marshall) and University of Strathclyde.

We reached students and alumni via email addresses provided by the schools. Several schools that initially participated in the student survey portion of the ranking later declined to participate in the alumni survey, and we were therefore unable to rank them. Those schools were: Chapman University, Nyenrode Business Universiteit, Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management, and Wilfrid Laurier University.

The student survey included 53 questions—13 on program quality, 20 on applicable skills and 20 on leadership and management skills—that were used in the student ranking. It was sent to 3,436 students at 48 accelerated M.B.A. programs in nine countries starting in March. The survey was completed by 1,361 students, a response rate of 40%

The alumni survey included 48 questions—11 on the specific impact the program has had on a career, 17 on the usefulness of the skills taught and overall quality of the program, and 20 on the usefulness of leadership and management skills taught. In all, 2,903 alumni received the survey, and 735 completed it, for a response rate of 25%. Alumni were surveyed beginning in May.

Schools with fewer than 10 responses and less than a 20% response rate on either survey weren't eligible for ranking; 28 schools were thus eliminated: Amsterdam Business School, Ashridge Business School, Case Western Reserve University (Weatherhead), Cass Business School, CIIM, University of Cincinnati, Cleveland State University, University College Dublin (Smurfit), EDHEC, EM Lyon, ESC Rouen Business School, University of Florida (Hough), Florida International University, George Washington University, University of Glasgow, Hult University, Lancaster Business School, Mannheim Business School, University of Miami (Florida), Nanyang University, University of New Hampshire (Whittemore), Pepperdine University (Graziadio), University of Pittsburgh (Katz), Reims Management School, University of Rhode Island, Temple University (Fox), Thunderbird School of Global Management, and Western Washington University. That left 20 schools eligible for the final ranking.

Northwestern had the highest percentage of student respondents, at nearly 85%. Birmingham had the lowest response rate of schools ultimately eligible for ranking, at 20%. Scores for each question were calculated and standardized to create a mean score for each school. That score makes up the student component of the final ranking.

Miami University in Ohio had the highest percentage of alumni respondents, at nearly 67%. IE Business School had the lowest percentage of respondents of schools ultimately eligible for ranking, at 24%. Scores for each question were calculated and standardized to create a mean score for each school. That score makes up the alumni component of the final ranking.

To calculate the final ranking, the student and alumni scores were added up, with the student scores given a weight of 60% and the alumni scores given a weight of 40%.

Five schools were eligible for ranking but scored significantly lower than the 15 other eligible schools and therefore were not included in the final ranking. Those schools were: University of Birmingham (U.K.), University of Colorado-Denver, St. Louis University, SDA Bocconi, and Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.

Anyway, it's nice to see my school show up for the first time in an internationally-recognized ranking list. :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Industrial Sector
Schools:Kellogg, MIT, Michigan, Berkeley, Marshall, Mellon
 Q47  V28
Send PM
I'm surprised to see that a spanish BS is number 1 in this ranking :shock:

above all, IE doesn't have a good reputation around here
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
Schools:St. Gallen '09
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Kudos
Aldrak wrote:
Where the bleep is Queen's? It is #1 in businessweek among non-US MBAs, and their program is only 1 year.

13 of those schools declined to participate, most citing inadequate contacts with alumni or inadequate staffing to process our requests for contacts. Those schools were: University of Cambridge, University of Edinburgh, University of Georgia (Terry), HEC School of Management, Henley Business School, Imperial College of Business, Macquarie Graduate School of Management, University of Notre Dame (Mendoza), University of Ottawa, Queens University, University of Rotterdam (Erasmus), University of Southern California (Marshall) and University of Strathclyde.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi
As i do not have a good GMAT score so i am left out with few options in hand in term of Universities where i can apply to .
Here is the list of 4 Universities :
1.Glasgow University
2.Aston University
3.Birmingham University
4.University of Leeds

Please if any body can help me in deciding amongst these Univ which 1 is better or if there are other universities better than this where i still have chance of getting in ,i would really appreciate that.
I am looking forward to Entrepreneurial program .
I know that i can give GMAT another shot and can try for better options but due to time constraint i have limitations .
I would really appreciate a quick response on this .

Thanks & Regards
vk
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Schools:Ross
 Q50  V45
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
JohnLewis1980 wrote:
I'm surprised to see that a spanish BS is number 1 in this ranking :shock:

above all, IE doesn't have a good reputation around here

Why is that ? IE seems to be one of the few universities ranked top by most rankings - FT , BW, WSJ ...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HEC Paris
Send PM
it's kind of funny how a bunch of top schools are like, we don't care enough to bother with your silly little ranking.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
vkanwal wrote:
Hi
As i do not have a good GMAT score so i am left out with few options in hand in term of Universities where i can apply to .
Here is the list of 4 Universities :
1.Glasgow University
2.Aston University
3.Birmingham University
4.University of Leeds

Please if any body can help me in deciding amongst these Univ which 1 is better or if there are other universities better than this where i still have chance of getting in ,i would really appreciate that.
I am looking forward to Entrepreneurial program .
I know that i can give GMAT another shot and can try for better options but due to time constraint i have limitations .
I would really appreciate a quick response on this .

Thanks & Regards
vk

All but Aston are pretty respectable schools, though I know little / nothing of their business school departments.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hey VP thnx fr quick response .I'll check their online reviews and will do more R&D and get back with resutls .Thnx again
Manager
Manager
Status:Preparing myself to break the sound( 700 )-barrier!
Affiliations: IFC - Business Edge, Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
Own Kudos [?]: 226 [1]
Given Kudos: 136
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Wall Stree Journals 1-year & accelerated MBA program Rankings came out today:

1. IE Business School
2. IMD
3. Cranfield School of Management
4. Northwestern University (Kellogg)
5. Babson College (Olin)
6. ESADE
7. INSEAD
8. IAE
9. Miami (OH) Univ. (Farmer)
10. Emory University (Goizueta)
11. Cornell Univ.
12. Copenhagen
13. Univ. of St. Gallen
14. Durham Business School
15. Univ. of Oxford (Said)

Hidden Gems listing:

1. ASHRIDGE BUSINESS SCHOOL
2. EM LYON BUSINESS SCHOOL
3. MANNHEIM BUSINESS SCHOOL
4. PEPPERDINE UNIVERSITY GRAZIADIO SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
5. UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION

P.S. Not sure how Oxford is #15 :roll:

bb,
I am planning to go for a/an one-year/accelerated MBA. To take firm decision on it, I also need to know some expert guidelines/opinions on it like Pros and Cons of one-year/accelerated MBA.
Could you please help me in this regard?
Thanks in advance.
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot