Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:02 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepeneur, General Consulting
Schools:Cal, Stanford, HBS, Yale, UCLA, USC
 Q49  V45
GPA: 3.01
WE 1: United Technologies (Pratt&Whitney Rocketdyne)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink]
Does anyone know of admission consultants based out of India as the cost of hiring even the cheapest admission consultants based in US comes out to be a significant sum in INR.

May be this can be another outsourcing opportunity :lol:
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Check out Manya Abroad. I've heard of them through friends, though I have no experience. Princeton Review outsources to them, I think.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72858 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
sadbuttrue wrote:
I pm'd paul (basic stuff... what i want to do, a short 'profile', etc) but didn't get ar esponse. Should I just email their website (the Amerasia group)?

Alex did get back to me and had some good insight for me. I'll be considering him, though the cost is a bit steep.

Any others I should try?

I think Paul is out with health issues. I will ping him as well - we closed his sub-forum to keep things sane.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Consulting, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Anyone has had experiences with precision essays or Avi Gordon, would you please please mind sending me a PM. It will help me a lot.

Also - do these consulting companies generally spend time on one school at a time or work on multiple simultaneously?

Regardless - a daunting task :shock:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Avernusour I believe Paul is currently not working due to health reasons, would you be able to share some material given by him ?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
crackfire2003 wrote:
Avernusour I believe Paul is currently not working due to health reasons, would you be able to share some material given by him ?

I won't redistribute his material (or anyone else's), but you can contact him for a consultation through his website: https://www.amerasiaconsulting.com/

He's pretty responsive, so you shouldn't have any trouble.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Has anyone here used Avi Gordon? He seemed really good based on an initial chat we had. Would really appreciate any more feedback about him.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Send PM
Any updates upon the admission consultants. It would be helpful to hear others experience.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
I strongly recommend Alex from MBAApply.

Personally, one thing I value the most is honesty. Alex will definitely bring this to you. Dude is pretty funny too.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
-

Originally posted by osbornecox on 23 Sep 2010, 12:58.
Last edited by osbornecox on 15 Dec 2010, 01:03, edited 2 times in total.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Founder, Amerasia Consulting Group
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
Send PM
Expert Reply
Just wanted to clarify something from previous posts on this thread, which is that I am very much in business right now. Thank you all for your kind comments.

We just sent off a group of applicants round one to HBS, Wharton, Stanford, Cornell, and others, as well as ED at Columbia. We are currently offering free consultations for late round one (Sloan, NYU, etc.) and for round two. PM me if you are interested in discussing your candidacy and our services. You can also visit the Ask Paul thread where you can found profile evaluations and recommendations.

Respectfully,

Paul Lanzillotti
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 240 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
nyxjf wrote:
I strongly recommend Alex from MBAApply.

Personally, one thing I value the most is honesty. Alex will definitely bring this to you. Dude is pretty funny too.

Hi dude,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I have not worked with Alex myself but heard lot good feedbacks about him and should be fine. Just wanna add my own experience with Stacy Blackman consultant services, she is awesome and specially if you can't believe on it you can simply purchase one of her essay guides cheap at low was $40/each , which available for most of top US b-school, and yourself can judge about it. I think it worth to evaluate her abilities before spending loads of dollars on each MBA admission consultant services.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 342 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Read all the posts that were made in this forum.. The information provided is really valuable.. However, I still haven't started with my applications as yet and I am not too familiar with the process as well.. One of the schools that I am targeting is ISB whose dealine is just around the corner.. Can anyone of you suggest any good admission consultants keeping in mind the crunch situation I am in at the moment..

Thanks..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
MBA Consultant Comparison - Precision Essay vs. Amerasia
I am using two different consultants this season, both Full package - 1 school. I don't recommend doing this, I was on a time crunch and couldn't decide which I wanted to go with. Precision Essay cost a lot less and since it would basically be the same price for 1 full package from each company as it would for 1 full and 1 smaller package just from Amerasia, I went with 1 full each and figured that way if I wanted to add another school later, I would know which one I preferred. I am still in the application process and have not received decisions from either of these schools yet, but wanted to share my experience now in case it helps someone else who is deciding. I evaluated each on the following criteria:

Knowledge of Specifc School Themes: Precision: C Amerasia: A
Amerasia knew the insights of the school and what they were looking for, I don't think Precision even knew what the essay questions were if I didn't tell them

Learning about me to bring out best aspects: Precision: B Amerasia: A-
I had to keep reminding Precision of my weaknesses and plead for help in addressing them. Amerasia told me what they were and already had advice for me on the intial consultation call

Content of Edits Precision: B+ Amerasia: A
Amerasia read and edited with whole picture in mind, Precision did well in bringing more clarity out of me, but the themes I wanted to portray somehow kept getting lost. It was a bit frustrating, they would blanketly cut out sections, then later say I need more detail. Also found a typo after submitting my essay! My fault, I should have proofread better, but I later discovered this made it through 2 versions of their edits, how could they have missed that? Also lots of typos in their responses to me, not a big deal, but hard to take seriously.

Turn-around time for edits Precision: A+ Amerasia: A
Precision would sometimes send revisions back the same day and was very sensitive to my deadline. Yet to experience either very positive or very negative from Amerasia as far as response time, seems about right, and my deadline for this one is not as urgent, so pretty good to start.

Overall Value for money Precision: C Amerasia: A
I don't feel I got the full value of Precision's Deluxe package. Part of this is my fault, I did not give them much lead time before my application was due, but I was also not familiar with the process and how much time I needed. I gave them my deadline and I feel as a consultant they really should have told me you will only have time to get to the essays and a Junior package would be fine. But instead they sold me on the Deluxe, claiming it was necessary for the first one, yet I only got one resume edit (he recommended I lengthen it to two pages...huh?), no time for recommender advice, no evaluation of my application as a whole etc. all which are supposed to be included in the Deluxe. The time I needed to get the full value just wasn't there and I wish they would have been honest about that. I would consider Precision again only if I needed help with essay revisions, but as a consultant helping to shape my overall application, I would look elsewhere.

Amerasia is absolutely worth the money in my opinion, plus I see they are offering 15% off now in the GMAT Club marketplace...the decision is a no brainer. I also really like their fee structure, how you pay a lower price up front and only pay the extra $300 if you are extended an interview invite. At least that way you are not paying up front for a service you might not need if you do not get invited. I am just getting started with them but already feel good about it. Hope this comparison helps to decide, good luck everyone!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [0]
Send PM
tingle15 wrote:
Read all the posts that were made in this forum.. The information provided is really valuable.. However, I still haven't started with my applications as yet and I am not too familiar with the process as well.. One of the schools that I am targeting is ISB whose dealine is just around the corner.. Can anyone of you suggest any good admission consultants keeping in mind the crunch situation I am in at the moment..

Thanks..

Hi Tingle,

Try Crystal Ball, Sameer. He is a great guy and it is your best bet to apply via Indian consultants for ISB rather than phoreign consultants. Just a word of warning, don't expect everything to be laid out.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Appreciate your insights BUT here's the thing.

Paul or whoever that emailed me, sounded very uncaring in his/her emails. Let me tell you my profile is above average and I say that with decency. He was busy but atleast he could have told me the process which he didn't.

Precision Essay were the complete opposite they showed intrest in me as an applicant and I am not a great fan of them as they had their faults but I wasn't perfect either and the point is if you are applying to an MBA you have to adjust.

I maybe totally wrong regarding Paul, and i don't intend to be. I don't review as I don't like to judge others services.

But I just felt its better to speak up rather than keep quiet given the huge number of aspirants that come here.

Just my thoughts, don't jump to conclusion on any consultants, take small steps rather than committing at once.

Regards.

sanv wrote:
MBA Consultant Comparison - Precision Essay vs. Amerasia
I am using two different consultants this season, both Full package - 1 school. I don't recommend doing this, I was on a time crunch and couldn't decide which I wanted to go with. Precision Essay cost a lot less and since it would basically be the same price for 1 full package from each company as it would for 1 full and 1 smaller package just from Amerasia, I went with 1 full each and figured that way if I wanted to add another school later, I would know which one I preferred. I am still in the application process and have not received decisions from either of these schools yet, but wanted to share my experience now in case it helps someone else who is deciding. I evaluated each on the following criteria:

Knowledge of Specifc School Themes: Precision: C Amerasia: A
Amerasia knew the insights of the school and what they were looking for, I don't think Precision even knew what the essay questions were if I didn't tell them

Learning about me to bring out best aspects: Precision: B Amerasia: A-
I had to keep reminding Precision of my weaknesses and plead for help in addressing them. Amerasia told me what they were and already had advice for me on the intial consultation call

Content of Edits Precision: B+ Amerasia: A
Amerasia read and edited with whole picture in mind, Precision did well in bringing more clarity out of me, but the themes I wanted to portray somehow kept getting lost. It was a bit frustrating, they would blanketly cut out sections, then later say I need more detail. Also found a typo after submitting my essay! My fault, I should have proofread better, but I later discovered this made it through 2 versions of their edits, how could they have missed that? Also lots of typos in their responses to me, not a big deal, but hard to take seriously.

Turn-around time for edits Precision: A+ Amerasia: A
Precision would sometimes send revisions back the same day and was very sensitive to my deadline. Yet to experience either very positive or very negative from Amerasia as far as response time, seems about right, and my deadline for this one is not as urgent, so pretty good to start.

Overall Value for money Precision: C Amerasia: A
I don't feel I got the full value of Precision's Deluxe package. Part of this is my fault, I did not give them much lead time before my application was due, but I was also not familiar with the process and how much time I needed. I gave them my deadline and I feel as a consultant they really should have told me you will only have time to get to the essays and a Junior package would be fine. But instead they sold me on the Deluxe, claiming it was necessary for the first one, yet I only got one resume edit (he recommended I lengthen it to two pages...huh?), no time for recommender advice, no evaluation of my application as a whole etc. all which are supposed to be included in the Deluxe. The time I needed to get the full value just wasn't there and I wish they would have been honest about that. I would consider Precision again only if I needed help with essay revisions, but as a consultant helping to shape my overall application, I would look elsewhere.

Amerasia is absolutely worth the money in my opinion, plus I see they are offering 15% off now in the GMAT Club marketplace...the decision is a no brainer. I also really like their fee structure, how you pay a lower price up front and only pay the extra $300 if you are extended an interview invite. At least that way you are not paying up front for a service you might not need if you do not get invited. I am just getting started with them but already feel good about it. Hope this comparison helps to decide, good luck everyone!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72858 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I have reached out to the author of the thread and he had used Adam for his Consulting Help, not Paul. Sounds like that may have been a difference.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  26