Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:40 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink]
Nick79 wrote:
nnc2010 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I got a question for those of you, who are US residents. How does Kroll check US residency? I assume it does, do you provide alien number or they request copy of the Residency card?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, I don't think they have access to immigration records. Companies definitely don't disclose that info.

So they don't ask anything of that sort?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nnc2010 wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
nnc2010 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I got a question for those of you, who are US residents. How does Kroll check US residency? I assume it does, do you provide alien number or they request copy of the Residency card?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, I don't think they have access to immigration records. Companies definitely don't disclose that info.

So they don't ask anything of that sort?

They didn't ask me, and I'm a non-US citizen working in the U.S. If even the NYPD can't ask, I doubt Kroll can.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Did anyone complete the Kroll verification ? Just trying to gauge the timeline for the Kroll verification process? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I recieved an update today, I was added to the official waitlist....not sure how many people from the actual wait list get in? Not so hopeful though :(

Anyone else get a waitlist update?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ks2010 wrote:
I recieved an update today, I was added to the official waitlist....not sure how many people from the actual wait list get in? Not so hopeful though :(

Anyone else get a waitlist update?

From my experience (i was waitlisted for Spring 2010 then rejected; I reapplied and got in this time around) Stern a "show me you love me" type school. I would send them an update letter mentioning new achievements at work etc. Not sure what your profile is like but, for example, if you feel your gmat score is the main weakness (as it was for me in my previous app), maybe re-take the test and inform them of the test date. That's what got me in the 2nd time in my opinion. (improved from 600 to 660). If you feel your essays are lacking, then send them an optional essay, or additional rec, etc. I wouldn't just sit and wait, especially with Stern.
Just my 2 cents.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Ok, so this is pretty frustrating... no word yet whatsoever - no acceptance, rejection, or wait list

I assume I'm still in the "consideration" pool since there's been no correspondence, but the anticipation is killing me. Not to mention that it sounds like it's going to be quite a rush to get all of the paperwork settled before classes start if I am accepted.

Anyone else in the same boat?

:?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
am2010 wrote:
congrats to the new admits! here's the spreadsheet link again

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... l=en#gid=0

Admits please try to update the spreadsheet.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
carbon wrote:
Ok, so this is pretty frustrating... no word yet whatsoever - no acceptance, rejection, or wait list

I assume I'm still in the "consideration" pool since there's been no correspondence, but the anticipation is killing me. Not to mention that it sounds like it's going to be quite a rush to get all of the paperwork settled before classes start if I am accepted.

Anyone else in the same boat?

:?

Carbon what is your profile?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
just bumped into this forum.. i got admit in first week of July for the weekend program.. have completed most formalities except collecting NYU student id card and registering for the courses which requires $10500 :twisted: ..
Kroll background is still in progress..

here's my profile:
GMAT - 740
GPA - 3.8 (B.E, India)
Work Exp - 8 years in IT + Finance
Recos - they were good.
ECs - many corporate and personal initiatives..

Looking forward to meet fellow students.. and forming a great study/project group...

I work in NYC near wall & broadway... anyone interested in meeting for chit-chat over coffee..? - please pm me.. it would be a pleasure...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I actually live down there!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I hope the new student database will be live tomorrow. The website says it is supposed to be on August 1st. Considering it is Sunday - I assume it will be live tomorrow.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
Striker2010 wrote:
just bumped into this forum.. i got admit in first week of July for the weekend program.. have completed most formalities except collecting NYU student id card and registering for the courses which requires $10500 :twisted: ..
Kroll background is still in progress..

here's my profile:
GMAT - 740
GPA - 3.8 (B.E, India)
Work Exp - 8 years in IT + Finance
Recos - they were good.
ECs - many corporate and personal initiatives..

Looking forward to meet fellow students.. and forming a great study/project group...

I work in NYC near wall & broadway... anyone interested in meeting for chit-chat over coffee..? - please pm me.. it would be a pleasure...

I totally work on Water Street. We could definitely meet up over coffee. And Nick79, you must come too! The Happy Hour is on August 27th, so if I don't catch you guys then, I will see you guys there.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Does anybody have access to the DB count yet?If so, how do I access it?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
the numbers are certainly increasing! Congrats to all the new admits. Striker, you will find more weekenders in the facebook page. What's your core preference?

Finished up the registration process yesterday, submitted all the req. Back when I was living in Boston, tuition at Harvard/BU evening schools were in the neighborhood of 1000-1500/*course*, haven't things changed a bit.. :)

anyone from NJ suburbs? I live not far from Princeton.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Still waiting for KROLL to be completed...I initiated the process on June 21st, how much longer is this supposed to take?!?! I already got the NYU ID and everything else...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Nick79 wrote:
Still waiting for KROLL to be completed...I initiated the process on June 21st, how much longer is this supposed to take?!?! I already got the NYU ID and everything else...

I called Kroll today. I had initiated the process on 7/6. Kroll is only able to tell you if the check is completed or not. If it is completed, they refer you to NYU Admissions for more info. I emailed NYU Admissions... here is their response: "Thank you for your email. NYU Stern reviews all verification process reports in a timely manner. You will receive an email when the NYU Stern review is complete." :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
TtotheP wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

I called Kroll today. I had initiated the process on 7/6. Kroll is only able to tell you if the check is completed or not. If it is completed, they refer you to NYU Admissions for more info. I emailed NYU Admissions... here is their response: "Thank you for your email. NYU Stern reviews all verification process reports in a timely manner. You will receive an email when the NYU Stern review is complete." :)

Got the same exact response when I e-mailed them!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  31