Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink]
arruhbee wrote:
Shoulda gotten admitted later then, huh?

I sent them the deposit to begin the process in mid June, however, I called back in July to discover that they still has not processed my request. So they just began it then. I received a salary verification request in early August, and I'm guessing by NEXT YEAR I'll get that glorious e-mail from NYU welcoming me into their class. Crossing my fingers!

I also had a nervous inkling about my financial aid. So I checked my inbox (for the first time) and noticed that I in fact have about 2 more steps prior to receiving the cash money for school. Completed the MPN, but now I need to finish that wretched entrance counseling/interview. Good thing today is a slow day. I believe this should be the last portion of the saga that is getting into NYU (for those that are paying for tuition). Hopefully after this (and possibly a hefty late fee from Mr. Bursar), I can actually begin to enjoy the Langone program.

arruhbee: I'm confused --- 1.) you have fin. aid or your paying from your pcoket? 2.) what is MPN? 3.) what 2 steps are you referring too?

I got admitted in late July, and I know they contacted my previous employer and requested univ. docs. but other than that haven't heard a thing from Kroll.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dextro wrote:
I'll be at the happy hour too. Last I heard from Kroll was when they requested pay stubs from my prior employment. They said that my record/documentation will be sent to NYU on 08/15. Guess I'll hear back from NYU after that.

dextro: did you follow-up with Kroll or did they send you an status update email?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hardikrs,

I don't have Fin Aid from the school per se; since I am taking out government loans I am considering it out-of-pocket, since I will have to pay for them, albeit at a later date.

It's Friday the 13th everyone! Just thought I'd mention that for all the superstitious folks out there.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hardikrs, I called Kroll to get an update. They told me that someone from Kroll's sub-contracted company (verification unit) emailed me requesting pay stubs from prior employment. Since I never got an email (or may be it went to spam), they told me to contact verification unit directly to send the requested information.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
does anyone know how often do you need to use your laptop in class? or is it going to be used mostly for completing assignments. i usually need to carry my "office" laptop to work. trying to figure out if i will need to carry another too and the size / weight issues with that...

Thanks,
Tejas

Tejas, While you are required to have a laptop no one uses them in class, in fact, professors frown upon the use of any electronic devices in class.

RE:ID CARDS, Only Westchester students and weekend students will be given ID cards at preterm. Weeknight students need to go to the ID office and get them made on your own.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
hello all,
can someone give me an estimated figure of how much someone has to spend on the PT NYU MBA degree, excluding living expense (because i live in new york)? i am going to estimate the budget for the MBA. thanks in advance!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
langone2009,

>> "While you are required to have a laptop no one uses them in class,

Would you elaborate the 'required to' part? Having a computer would be absolutely required, for reports/assignments/mail etc connected with Stern. I have a fairly powerful desktop at home, with the required MS Office, which I think would be adequate for this part. Plus I have my work laptop.

I guess my question then is, if we are not going to be using them in the classroom, where would the 'laptop' part come into picture? Is there a requirement to have a computer dedicated to Stern/Langone use?

Unless, of course, one would need to carry them to class presentations and assignment-meet-ups with group mates, which would be understandable, and the only justification for a laptop.

>>professors frown upon the use of any electronic devices in class.

I can see where that's coming from, but if required to look up some detail someplace quickly, that's when a laptop/iPhone can come in handy.

Maybe this is a question better suited for the FB page, where more 2nd year students can weigh in.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools:NYU
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Not sure if this will work for everyone, but I was able to find out which courses I'm registered for this fall.

Go to Stern Info Site: https://ais.stern.nyu.edu/Login.html
Login with your student ID/PW
Click "Remaining Requirements" on the left menu bar... this will run a degree audit. It should show which classes you've been placed into for fall.

You can possibly narrow it down and find out which core group you are from there. I have Firms & Markets and Stats & Data Analysis which narrows me down to Green or Purple (my #2 and #3 choice).

Hope this helps some folks out!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ChickenDinner wrote:
Not sure if this will work for everyone, but I was able to find out which courses I'm registered for this fall.

Go to Stern Info Site: https://ais.stern.nyu.edu/Login.html
Login with your student ID/PW
Click "Remaining Requirements" on the left menu bar... this will run a degree audit. It should show which classes you've been placed into for fall.

You can possibly narrow it down and find out which core group you are from there. I have Firms & Markets and Stats & Data Analysis which narrows me down to Green or Purple (my #2 and #3 choice).

Hope this helps some folks out!

you can also figure it out by logging onto https://home.nyu.edu.
go to the "academics" tab, and at the bottom under "blackboard courses" it'll list you the courses you're registered for, including the course sections. you can look up the sections to see what day the course is held.
i'm in Leadership in Org on mondays, which means i'm Yellow :)
(i'm waiving out of stats)

btw, the new student database is up :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Woo-hoo! I finally got the Welcome e-mail. So I'm in-in! And I also spent the last 10 minutes readng through the database! We have a pretty impressive incoming Fall class based on current employers/undergraduate institutions.

Also, I'm in Leadership & Organizations and Statistics. Not too happy about the Statistics, but I believe that was my 1st choice. Oy vey!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Oh wait, just figured out it was YELLOW! I guess I can work with that color...LOL!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Where to see the class profile? Is it only available after Kroll verification is complete?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools:NYU
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Looks like I'm PURPLE... I was shooting for Yellow, but what can ya do? At least it matches the school colors..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Finally got an email from NYU that Kroll could not verify undergraduate degree (from India) in timely manner, so, my application will remain open until they receive a response from them. Meanwhile, I'll be able to enroll and take courses.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can anybody post the google document with people's stats who applied?

Also, if you haven't done so already - please go ahead and update the file :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
am2010 wrote:
langone2009,

>> "While you are required to have a laptop no one uses them in class,

Would you elaborate the 'required to' part? Having a computer would be absolutely required, for reports/assignments/mail etc connected with Stern. I have a fairly powerful desktop at home, with the required MS Office, which I think would be adequate for this part. Plus I have my work laptop.

I guess my question then is, if we are not going to be using them in the classroom, where would the 'laptop' part come into picture? Is there a requirement to have a computer dedicated to Stern/Langone use?

Unless, of course, one would need to carry them to class presentations and assignment-meet-ups with group mates, which would be understandable, and the only justification for a laptop.

>>professors frown upon the use of any electronic devices in class.

I can see where that's coming from, but if required to look up some detail someplace quickly, that's when a laptop/iPhone can come in handy.

Maybe this is a question better suited for the FB page, where more 2nd year students can weigh in.

Hi am2010,
You need a laptop/computer for homework, email, study group, etc. If you have a desktop with the right programs that's fine, but you may need to bring your work laptop to use in study groups. It does not have to be dedicated to Stern, but you need to have one available to you.
You won't ned to "look up" anything during class. Just take notes with pen and paper and participate in discussions.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
LEmeY wrote:
Can anybody post the google document with people's stats who applied?

Also, if you haven't done so already - please go ahead and update the file :)

Here is the link

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... l=en#gid=0
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31