Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:33 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink]
Vlookup2010 wrote:
Awesome - thanks, brohan. Good luck to you and today on the exam! I'll keep you posted as to whether they approve my automatic waiver, but if not I'll be taking the exam right before our pre-term happy hour. Oh joy. Let me know how it goes!

Cheers

I managed to waive out of firms & markets and the global economy (thanks to my economics undergrad). I've also been working in finance for almost 7 years, do you guys think the "foundations of finance" waiver is too much to ask? :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
No, not too much to ask. There is no point spending time and money on a class that will be review for you when there are so many great electives to get to! You'll probably have to take the exam to waive it though.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
hey everyone,
if i want to finance my mba with student loans, what's the rate on the loans? what agencies provide loans with low intersts? thanks in advance!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How did the Stats exam go? Easy breezy? Still waiting to hear back on my automatic waiver! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Vlookup2010 wrote:
How did the Stats exam go? Easy breezy? Still waiting to hear back on my automatic waiver! :)

it was not bad. the format is similar to the sample exam, but i thought the actual one was easier. and we only need to get something like 72% to pass :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Does any one know who got rejected with a GMAT score of 700 + ? It looks like a GMAT score of 700 almost guarantees admission at Stern part time unless there is an error in the application or something.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi Vlookup2010, As today mentioned it was reasonably straight-forward. The format was quite similar to the sample exam. I found out that I passed the exam yesterday. One down :) Plan to give the FRA test on Sep 10. This one seems harder. Anyone else planning to give that test ?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
Hey all! I haven't been on this thread in a while and wanted to shout you all a holler. I had the chance to meet am2010 and today at the Happy Hour, so I'm wondering if I met the rest of you and didn't know it, or if you guys slipped by me. Either way, I'm sure I will meet you all at pre-term, so don't be shy!!

Hope everyone's pre-NYU exams went well and hope everyone's waiver requests get accepted. As langone2009 pointed out, there are some awesome electives out there. I'm going to try to squeeze in as many as I can into my schedule although I won't be waiving any courses and plan to concentrate on Corporate Finance and Management.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hey everyone,

For weekend people, does anyone know the first weekend of real classes after pre-term? When is the last weekend of classes? And lastly, are weekenders off on Thanksgiving weekend?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Schools:NYU Stern/Fordham/Rutgers
GPA: 3.47
WE 1: 3 years
Send PM
drsparnum wrote:
Hey everyone,

For weekend people, does anyone know the first weekend of real classes after pre-term? When is the last weekend of classes? And lastly, are weekenders off on Thanksgiving weekend?

Thanks!

drsparnum,

If you log into your Simon account and then select the AIS link, you can view class schedules. It appears the weekenders start on 9/25 and end 12/18.

The academic calendar says that Thanksgiving Break is Monday, Nov. 22nd - Sunday November 28th for all Graduate programs.

https://w4.stern.nyu.edu/registrar/docs/ ... ar1011.pdf
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi brohan,
i'll be taking the accounting exam on 9/10 too, so i guess i will see you again then :)
i agree, this one looks a lot harder.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tt11234 wrote:
hey everyone,
if i want to finance my mba with student loans, what's the rate on the loans? what agencies provide loans with low intersts? thanks in advance!!

any advice?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tt11234 wrote:
tt11234 wrote:
hey everyone,

any advice?

tt did you speak with the financial aid office? They might be able to answer some question if you are eligible for stafford loans.

The being said the general average student loan interest from a private bank is 3 - 5%.

I find the website below useful for a brief comparison of different types of rates.
https://www.bankrate.com/student-loans.aspx
Manager
Manager
Send PM
beebu wrote:
tt11234 wrote:
tt11234 wrote:
hey everyone,

any advice?

tt did you speak with the financial aid office? They might be able to answer some question if you are eligible for stafford loans.

The being said the general average student loan interest from a private bank is 3 - 5%.

I find the website below useful for a brief comparison of different types of rates.
https://www.bankrate.com/student-loans.aspx

thanks beebu!!
i have another question though. is it possible that i can request the admission office at NYU for an extension of application? has anyone done it before? thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tt11234 wrote:
thanks beebu!!
i have another question though. is it possible that i can request the admission office at NYU for an extension of application? has anyone done it before? thanks!

tt - If you are talking about the admission application itself, I believe you need to reapply. They might consider some extenuating circumstance like getting deployed in Afghanistan or some thing.
https://w4.stern.nyu.edu/academic/affair ... of_Absence

Leaves of Absence are not granted to students who find they cannot begin the program in the semester for which they were admitted. Students who wish to defer their first enrollment must contact MBA Admissions for information on an abbreviated reapplication process for a subsequent semester.

If you are asking financial aid application, I think it is bound by FAFSA guidelines. All FAFSA deadlines are passed. I think you might want to get in early next year.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
beebu wrote:
tt11234 wrote:
thanks beebu!!

tt - If you are talking about the admission application itself, I believe you need to reapply. They might consider some extenuating circumstance like getting deployed in Afghanistan or some thing.
https://w4.stern.nyu.edu/academic/affair ... of_Absence

Leaves of Absence are not granted to students who find they cannot begin the program in the semester for which they were admitted. Students who wish to defer their first enrollment must contact MBA Admissions for information on an abbreviated reapplication process for a subsequent semester.

If you are asking financial aid application, I think it is bound by FAFSA guidelines. All FAFSA deadlines are passed. I think you might want to get in early next year.

beebu,
i am a first-time applicant and plan to go for the spring 2011 semester. the offical deadline is 9/15/10 and i am wondering if i can request extension for the essay or gmat. is it too late now in term of applying for financial aid ? thanks!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31