Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:14 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 612 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
 Q49  V32 GMAT 2: 700  Q49  V35
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International business, pharmaceutical, bio-tech
Schools:Cambridge/Judge '11
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3046 [1]
Given Kudos: 157
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
Re: Oxbridge 2011 applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
The date function issue at Cambridge Application account creation is still not solved. Other guys facing the same issue??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 2.9
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hussain15 wrote:
The date function issue at Cambridge Application account creation is still not solved. Other guys facing the same issue??

Yep, I even tried entering an incorrect DoB to get in hoping I could change it later. This allowed me to register but then it wouldn't let me log in! It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence about the system :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
annae wrote:
acer2knight wrote:
What are the key issues facing organisations in your sector over the next three years? What course of action would you recommend to such organisations? (up to 300 words)

What did you learn from your most spectacular failure? (up to 200 words)

Please provide a personal statement. It should not exceed 500 words and must include the following: *
What are your short and long term career objectives?
What skills/characteristics do you already have that will help you to achieve them?
What do you hope to gain from the degree programme and how do you feel it will help you achieve the career objectives you have?

These are new essay topics, and they seem to be back on the JBS application instructions website. The other ones about team work and inspiration etc. were last year's, and in my honest opinion much nicer to write about. Too bad for you guys. :P

I didn't want to answer an essay which wanted me to assume that I will be DEAD in 24 hrs and it expects me to mention my Bucket List or my thought process at that moment .... sounds weird man :P ....these new essays coincide with a few other college essays that I picked so .... :wink:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SeniorFlunky wrote:
Hussain15 wrote:

Yep, I even tried entering an incorrect DoB to get in hoping I could change it later. This allowed me to register but then it wouldn't let me log in! It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence about the system :(

I could get in there following this similar trick. Let me know if you folks want any information
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Kudos
Date error is still not resolved. :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Does anyone know what does D, M and P mean in the UnderGraduate Section of Oxford MBA Application?

There is a drop down called "RESULT" and it needs to be populated by either D, M or P.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I cannot log in either, firs it was the date issue, now i just get an error message.

Can someone post the recomendation questions. I want to give my them as much time as possible to start thier drafts.

Cheers,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Greetings,

I’ve been perusing this forum for a while now and first like to say that I am quite impressed with the wealth of knowledge and assistance provided by all the participants.

I do have one specific question regarding the Oxford application essays. When beginning to write them, I noticed that my answer for question #2 (world event, development, book, etc) seems to answer part of question #1 (why I chose my current job). The development that I’ve chosen to discuss directly relates to why I chose my career, why I joined the volunteer (albeit work-related) committees, and exactly why I want my MBA and what I will do with it afterwards. How devastating is this? I suppose I could chose a book as my focus for #2 but it may not be 100% truthful – there is no book that really altered my way of thinking significantly. A related world event is really more of a trend rather than one specific occurrence and again it is directly related to my work. I fear that I may seem like a one-trick pony. There is no place in the essays for me to showcase my non-work related extracurricular activities.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

VC
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Dear all

We are aware of the issue regarding the DOB field which seems to have affected a group of applicants and am deeply sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. We share your frustration bevause, as admissions staff, the one thing we want to have is a smooth process so that we can read yur applications as soon as we can.

We have contacted our technical solutions provider who is working on resolving it as soon as possible. I will post an update on this thread and also on my Twitter feed (@CambridgeMBA).

Many thanks.

Conrad Chua
head MBA Admissions
Cambridge Judge Business School
Send PM
Kudos
Most applicants will not have difficulties creating an account for the CambridgeMBA.

However, if you are unable to register for an application account please visit the Application Support Portal at:

https://emt.hobsons.co.uk/ics/support/de ... eptID=5744

An account will then be manually created for you by a member of the technical team, so that you will not lose any time during this application window.

Please click on the 'Submit a ticket'

Here you will be able to request an 'Account Creation'.

Please type 'Cambridge MBA' in the summary box.

The following information is required:

First Name:
Surname:
Email address:
Date of Birth:
Postcode:

We apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused you if you have been affected. I will post an update once the issue is fully resolved.

Conrad Chua
Head MBA Admissions
Cambridge Judge Business School
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Kudos
Any one tried the manual ticket locking procedure mentioned by Conrad??? I have just generated a ticket, lets see how much more time is needed!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 2.9
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Hussain15 wrote:
Any one tried the manual ticket locking procedure mentioned by Conrad??? I have just generated a ticket, lets see how much more time is needed!!!

Yes, I did earlier this week. It only took about an hour to get the account set up but it was during standard UK office hours.
Send PM
Kudos
The login issues were resolved so you should be able to create accounts and login normally. I am sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused some of you.

I wanted to also respond to some points that were raised in this discussion thread :-

A. Cambridge has a very strong brand in Asia. If you look at the major financial centres in Asia, there is no shortage of prominent people in business and politics who come from Cambridge. Even though I come from Singapore, I did not realise the power of the Cambridge brand until I made a presentation last year in China where everyone I spoke to knew about Cambridge from a famous poem written in the early 20th century by one of China's most accomplished poets who studied in Cambridge. I was overwhelmed by the strong aspirations of top Chinese candidates who wanted to join the Cambridge MBA. Outside China, most of the politicians in Singapore are Cambridge alums, and the University also receives generous donations from top businessmen in Hong Kong.

B. The Cambridge MBA is regularly updated to cater to student interests and feedback. So now, our students can take on summer internships, write business plans, or conduct in-depth research into a chosen field over the summer months, in addition to the 2 consulting projects, concentrations and final project that everyone has to complete.

Conrad Chua
Head MBA Admissions
CambridgeMBA
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA Level 2 Candidate (June 2011)
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: Private Equity
Schools:Cambridge - Dinged, Oxford - Admitted, Cranfield - Admitted
 Q42  V40
WE 1: 1 year Operations @ top Nigerian Bank
WE 2: 2 years Portfolio Manager at Investment Banking Boutique
WE 3: At generalist private equity fund since September 2009
Send PM
Kudos
Does anyone else wonder why said requires Toefl for international students (Nigerians in this case)? While i understand the requirement for applicants who do not have English as their first language, I can't possibly fathom why some of us who've been educated in English all our lives have to write yet another test to prove it. Why don't they just use the Gmat and our essays? Or am I missing something?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3046 [0]
Send PM
Bayoba wrote:
Does anyone else wonder why said requires Toefl for international students (Nigerians in this case)? While i understand the requirement for applicants who do not have English as their first language, I can't possibly fathom why some of us who've been educated in English all our lives have to write yet another test to prove it. Why don't they just use the Gmat and our essays? Or am I missing something?

I think you can contact adcom of any school & let it know your point. If adcom agrees then you dont need to sit for TOEFL or IELTS.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,

I have a pretty basic question regarding MBA courses. I've been trying to do some research on the courses offered at schools, including Oxford and Cambridge. However, other than the uni websites i havnt been able to get much information on a few topics, such as whether these colleges are Quant intensive or not, or for which streams they are most sought after (such as finance, marketing, etc).

Could anyone point out a good place to look at for information regarding what these schools mostly focus on in their course and what they are most known for. Are there any websites, blogs, forums that might be helpful with respect to this?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nehab2011 wrote:
Hi All,

I have a pretty basic question regarding MBA courses. I've been trying to do some research on the courses offered at schools, including Oxford and Cambridge. However, other than the uni websites i havnt been able to get much information on a few topics, such as whether these colleges are Quant intensive or not, or for which streams they are most sought after (such as finance, marketing, etc).

Could anyone point out a good place to look at for information regarding what these schools mostly focus on in their course and what they are most known for. Are there any websites, blogs, forums that might be helpful with respect to this?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Yes thats the first hurdle every aspirant will experience in his search for any college. While "YOU WILL NEED TO CONNECT TO THE ALUMNI OR CURRENT STUDENTS" is the standard answer, You can gain some insights by reading the blogs of current students. Generally you will find links to these blogs at some nook on the official school websites.

And there are lot of moderators here on GMATCLUB who are either current students from those respective schools or alumni so post your questions here and you should get some good responses.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  28