Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:04 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GPA: 3.4 Ivy
WE 1: 3 years for major bank
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Hidden Gem ? [#permalink]
mist3rh wrote:
geez i din't notice that...surely not an achievement there then...but is there anybody who has studied MBA at San Jose and had say 2-3 years work experience and had good salary payout?

I am just wondering because looking at the cost ($20K for an MBA) and a salary package of say 60K isn't a bad investment surely one can make more once you get more experience.

So any reviews/thoughts about this program -?

To be fair, just because the immediate salary isn't higher doesn't mean the end product isn't. If they're post-MBA job is something with a lot of growth possibilities and their pre-MBA job didn't have those, then they're better off with the MBA. Still, I'm not sure I'd view it as necessarily cost-effective. I suppose it's all in what you want to do with it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i agree - but compare the cost of the MBA with say the top 20 schools -they would charge approx 60-100K and the placements are from anywhere between 60-100 or maybe more as well. So if spending $20K at San Jose gets you an approx $60K then i guess its still worth the money for someone who won't have enough to spend i.e 100K to invest in a fancy name MBA.

But whether finding a job with such an MBA is easier is another story.
I wondered how people who've had their MBA from San Jose would rate it for someone who is simply looking at a low cost MBA that provides a relatively good salary 60K circa
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mist3rh wrote:
i agree - but compare the cost of the MBA with say the top 20 schools -they would charge approx 60-100K and the placements are from anywhere between 60-100 or maybe more as well. So if spending $20K at San Jose gets you an approx $60K then i guess its still worth the money for someone who won't have enough to spend i.e 100K to invest in a fancy name MBA.

But whether finding a job with such an MBA is easier is another story.
I wondered how people who've had their MBA from San Jose would rate it for someone who is simply looking at a low cost MBA that provides a relatively good salary 60K circa

Well, you kind of have to compare apples to apples. If you can get into one of those top 20 programs that cost a bundle, you presumably could also go to a very good and more regional school with scholarship that makes the cost pretty reasonable. Perhaps even comparable to San Jose's.

Obviously if you're comparing San Jose to similar quality schools because that's the type of school you can get into, then there should be no consideration of how much Top 20 programs cost as it's an irrelevant consideration unless you're trying to make yourself feel better about going to a school that's not "elite."

By the way, don't forget that tuition is only a part of the real cost of attending. Living costs must be factored in. If you're doing full time, you need to consider the opportunity cost of attending. In other words, the thing could pay you money to go, and it's possible you're still losing money on the proposition.
GMAT Club Bot