Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: ASK goISB.com "ISB Admissions Application Consultants" [#permalink]
Hi Rashi,

Your diversity in terms of profile would be a definite edge. We are sure that your 3 years of WE would have given you considerable exposure in terms of interaction, people management etc.

Your online homeopathy consultancy website is also a strong addition to your profile. If you are able to articulate your vision, challenges and accomplishments w.r.t this piece of work, that should keep you in good stead.

We believe you should gun for R2 this year.

All the best!

Cheers,
goISB team
Ph: +91 9871354580
Email:info@goisb.com
Visit our blog: https://goisb.com/blog/

rashi wrote:
Hi GoiSB,

Would request you to evaluate my profile for ISB and tell whether I should be applying this yr in R2 or wait for one yr.

GMAT score : 700

Education: BHMS ( Homeopathy in easier terms)
College: nehru Homeopathy Medical College, Delhi
Work exp: 3 yrs full time

Extra/co curriculars: Run a online homeopathy consultancy website apart from my job which is doing good, college level events etc

My only worry is whether my diversity will be plus or a negative as i have no exposure of the corporate world and waiting for one yr might help my run my business and thus get some idea of profit, costs etc.

Thanks in advance
Rashi
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Naman,

You should definitely try mock interviews with friends. Certain other things related to interviews are:

1. know your application inside out
2. mentally prepare answers to some of the most obvious questions from your application
3. Be very clear on Why MBA, Why ISB
4. Be articulative in your answers to career progression, accomplishments, professional challenges etc
5. Try structuring your replies to the adcom

remember you only have 20 effective mins to create a mark and you have to be your best in that 20 mins. That can only come through practice.

You can enrol with goISB for mock interview prep. You will have two rounds of mock interview with f/b sessions after each interview.Usually you will have only a week for your prep once you receive your call. So if your confident about getting the call then you can Enroll with goISB.

Cheers,
goISB team
Ph: +91 9871354580
Email:info@goisb.com
Visit our blog: https://goisb.com/blog/

namanojha wrote:
hi goisbteam,

I have applied in ISB R1 and am expecting an interview call. But i dont have any clue on how to start the interview preparation.

Also, I was thinking of enrolling for your Mock Interview package but I am not sure whether to do it now or wait for a call. Kindly suggest.

Thanks
Naman
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all ISB aspirants,

While you are all waiting for Interview call from ISB, go through the following tips : https://goisb.com/blog/2010/isb-interview-tips-2/

Cheers
goISB Team
https://goisb.com/blog/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ISB 2011 Round 1 (for class of 2012) Interview Experiences [#permalink]
ISB 2011 Round 1 ( for class of 2012) Interview Experiences are available of the goisb website. Visit: https://goisb.com/ISB_interview_experience_2011_2012.php

Cheers
goISB Team
https://www.goisb.com
https://goisb.com/blog/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi ISB Aspirants,

You can now read real interview experiences from R1 interviews ( for class of 2012)

https://www.goisb.com/ISB_interview_expe ... 1_2012.php

https://goisb.com/blog/2010/isb-intervie ... s-of-2012/

https://goisb.com/blog/2010/isb-2010-int ... s-of-2012/

Feel free to contact goISB Team for any queries.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Indian School of Business (ISB) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Other (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Kindly evaluate-Biotech- Gen Mgmt & Int Business [#permalink]
Hi Consultant at GoISB,

Thank you in advance for the time you will invest to evaluate my profile for ISB. I plan to apply next year for the batch of 2012-2013.

Concentration: General Management with a focus on International Business
Age and Nationality: Will be 31 at matriculation, Indian
GMAT: 730 (Q49, V41, AWA: 6.0); October 2010

Education:
1. MS in Biomedical Engineering, with thesis, from Drexel University, PA, in 2005. GPA: 3.56/4.00 (My research work was on a Department of Transportation/Department of Defense project, on which my MS thesis was based)
2. Bachelor of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering, University of Mumbai, India, 2003. Graduated in First Class with Distinction. 70%

Experience:
Sector: Biotechnology; Function: Research and Management; Years: 5.5 years at matriculation
The company I work for is a biotechnology company that is a world leader in a niche biotech area. The company, based in USA, is the world’s largest manufacturer of research use proteins and other research use products related to those proteins.
I joined the company as a bench scientist. After working for 1.5 years as a bench scientist, I was promoted to the position of Quality Manager.
My role/responsibilities as Quality Manager:
I do not know how best to put this, but here is a shot…….. Since we are a small company, we do not have multiple QA and QC divisions, and thus Quality has roles in several departments and at several stages in the deployment of a product. Despite having primary responsibilities, the managers at the company wear multiple hats depending on the nature of the project. Technically I manage only 1 person, but there are several instances when I have worked in teams and I have taken the role of a leader. My role has been more horizontal than vertical. Although I am the Manager, I continue to perform experiments on a regular basis. Hence, holistically, my role as a Quality Manager involves, in addition to the primary responsibilities of QC/QA, working in teams and managing/co-managing projects on product maintenance, product improvement, product transfer from development to manufacturing, and process control/improvement. I report to the COO.

Post-MBA Goals:
Short-term (4-5 years): Senior level management at a biotech or pharma company with a role of managing operations either in a sub-division of a company (e.g. a product line/project in a big pharma) or in a company (in case of a small or mid-size biotech). Ideal geographical location would be India or USA.
Long term (after 5 years): Depending on circumstances, it would be either progressing on goal 1 or starting/working for a biotechnology company in India with focus on Clinical Research or low-cost manufacturing of research-grade biotechnology products.

Articles/Publications/Presentations:
1. An author on 5 articles (1st on 1, 2nd on 2, and 4th on 2) that have been published in reputed journals. I contributed to 3 articles during my limited down time at work; the focus of those articles was to go a step beyond demonstrating quality by actually demonstrating applicability of the products. The remaining two articles are peer-reviewed publications, one of which is based on work done in grad school.
2. Prepared 3 posters that were converted into application notes/tech notes and published in our company catalog.
3. Presented a poster and delivered a talk at an International Conference.

Extra-curricular: (Nothing special, just the average man)
1. I am an avid scrabble player, though I play the game for leisure only.
2. In 2010, I represented a League in a state-wide Cricket tournament in New Jersey (was not the captain and definitely not the best player in the team (just to put it in context). We did not win).
3. Member of IEEE-EMBS (an international society for electrical and electronics engineers) during under-graduate years. Successfully organized a college wide event.
I enjoy traveling locally (have visited 5 states in USA), reading horror stories (Stephen King, and Dean Koontz novels), playing ping-pong and chess, and listening to rock music.

Memberships:
1. Member of the American Society of Chemistry
2. Senior member of the American Society for Quality

Community Service:
None

Languages besides English:
Hindi, Gujarati , Marathi , and basic German (self-taught)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Kindly evaluate-Biotech- Gen Mgmt & Int Business [#permalink]
Cornelius wrote:
Hi Consultant at GoISB,

Thank you in advance for the time you will invest to evaluate my profile for ISB. I plan to apply next year for the batch of 2012-2013.

Concentration: General Management with a focus on International Business
Age and Nationality: Will be 31 at matriculation, Indian
GMAT: 730 (Q49, V41, AWA: 6.0); October 2010

Education:
1. MS in Biomedical Engineering, with thesis, from Drexel University, PA, in 2005. GPA: 3.56/4.00 (My research work was on a Department of Transportation/Department of Defense project, on which my MS thesis was based)
2. Bachelor of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering, University of Mumbai, India, 2003. Graduated in First Class with Distinction. 70%

Experience:
Sector: Biotechnology; Function: Research and Management; Years: 5.5 years at matriculation
The company I work for is a biotechnology company that is a world leader in a niche biotech area. The company, based in USA, is the world’s largest manufacturer of research use proteins and other research use products related to those proteins.
I joined the company as a bench scientist. After working for 1.5 years as a bench scientist, I was promoted to the position of Quality Manager.
My role/responsibilities as Quality Manager:
I do not know how best to put this, but here is a shot…….. Since we are a small company, we do not have multiple QA and QC divisions, and thus Quality has roles in several departments and at several stages in the deployment of a product. Despite having primary responsibilities, the managers at the company wear multiple hats depending on the nature of the project. Technically I manage only 1 person, but there are several instances when I have worked in teams and I have taken the role of a leader. My role has been more horizontal than vertical. Although I am the Manager, I continue to perform experiments on a regular basis. Hence, holistically, my role as a Quality Manager involves, in addition to the primary responsibilities of QC/QA, working in teams and managing/co-managing projects on product maintenance, product improvement, product transfer from development to manufacturing, and process control/improvement. I report to the COO.

Post-MBA Goals:
Short-term (4-5 years): Senior level management at a biotech or pharma company with a role of managing operations either in a sub-division of a company (e.g. a product line/project in a big pharma) or in a company (in case of a small or mid-size biotech). Ideal geographical location would be India or USA.
Long term (after 5 years): Depending on circumstances, it would be either progressing on goal 1 or starting/working for a biotechnology company in India with focus on Clinical Research or low-cost manufacturing of research-grade biotechnology products.

Articles/Publications/Presentations:
1. An author on 5 articles (1st on 1, 2nd on 2, and 4th on 2) that have been published in reputed journals. I contributed to 3 articles during my limited down time at work; the focus of those articles was to go a step beyond demonstrating quality by actually demonstrating applicability of the products. The remaining two articles are peer-reviewed publications, one of which is based on work done in grad school.
2. Prepared 3 posters that were converted into application notes/tech notes and published in our company catalog.
3. Presented a poster and delivered a talk at an International Conference.

Extra-curricular: (Nothing special, just the average man)
1. I am an avid scrabble player, though I play the game for leisure only.
2. In 2010, I represented a League in a state-wide Cricket tournament in New Jersey (was not the captain and definitely not the best player in the team (just to put it in context). We did not win).
3. Member of IEEE-EMBS (an international society for electrical and electronics engineers) during under-graduate years. Successfully organized a college wide event.
I enjoy traveling locally (have visited 5 states in USA), reading horror stories (Stephen King, and Dean Koontz novels), playing ping-pong and chess, and listening to rock music.

Memberships:
1. Member of the American Society of Chemistry
2. Senior member of the American Society for Quality

Community Service:
None

Languages besides English:
Hindi, Gujarati , Marathi , and basic German (self-taught)

Hi,

Your profile looks great and is far above average. The strong points in your profile which should be used well in essays are:

1) Masters degree
2) Unconventional background of a sunrise domain - Biotech
3) US work experience
4) Innovative mindset through articles and publications
5) The fact that your work closely with the COO.

A lot of biotech/ pharma cos recruit from ISB e.g. Biocon, Dr. Reddys and they will anyday like a profile like yours.

Just ensure that your profile doesn't sound too technical.

Cheers
goISB Team
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Indian School of Business (ISB) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Other (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Thanks Consultant at GoISB for the evaluation and for the invaluable inputs. It is heartening to know that I have a good profile.
Regards,
Cornelius.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Consultant @ goISB,

Request you to provide me with a profile eval

1. GMAT - 610 (V30, Q44, AWA - 5.5)
2. Acads: Bachelor of Engineering - First Class with distinction
3. XII - 80%
4. X - 85%
5. Work ex - 3.5 yrs, IT (top 3 in india)
6. International exp - 1 year in an emerging Market (Anchoring two teams for a strategic company project)
7. Selected as one of 20 young leaders by company (direct mentoring by by senior manangement and under the nose of group head)
8. Part of strategy and innovation at unit level.
9. Extra curricular activities include: sports, quiz, ngo etc

Would highly appreciate your views regarding my profile.. i am aware my gmat is low but would like to know my realistic chances..

Think Big, but start Small!!!
WishMBA
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hello ,
i am a final year student of computer science engineering ,from india. plz tell me :
1. i want to pursue one year accelerated mba in hedge funds . i don't have any undergraduate degrees or certificates in business . so am i eligible to do so ?
2. what are my chances of getting admission and scholarship in following colleges ?
London Business School, UK
Insead France / Singapore
IE Business School Spain
Iese Business School Spain
IMD Switzerland
HEC Paris France
Esade Business School Spain
3. what are the requiremens for getting admission and "scholarship " in
these above colleges and which will be better for a foreigner like me to pursue mba in hedge funds ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi GoISB team,

Please provide a feedback on my profile.

GMAT--640
Work experience--4 + yrs (by the time i get admitted)
2.5 yrs in top IT giant in India and now 1.5 yrs in a start up IT comp.
working as a consultant and acting currently as a team lead.
have mentored 2-3 persons in the company.

Xth --84.2%
XII th---89 %
B.E---70 % (in electronics and telecomm and have not done it from an IIT)

Extra Curriculars----Play various sports... have played cricket for school and college...

Others--- have various appreciations from clients in various project.
have a won a dream team certificate.

I know this is the most common profile with a modest GMAT score........but still i want to know whether there is any realistic chance for me to make it ISB......can I highlight any positive activity apart from these....

Waiting eagerly for your response.......
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

Apologies for the delayed reply. We strongly recommend you to retake GMAT and target a 680 or so.
Since you are coming from an IT background and the extra curriculars also appear average you will find it very tough to get a call at 640.

Cheers
goISB Team
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wishMBA wrote:
Hi Consultant @ goISB,

Request you to provide me with a profile eval

1. GMAT - 610 (V30, Q44, AWA - 5.5)
2. Acads: Bachelor of Engineering - First Class with distinction
3. XII - 80%
4. X - 85%
5. Work ex - 3.5 yrs, IT (top 3 in india)
6. International exp - 1 year in an emerging Market (Anchoring two teams for a strategic company project)
7. Selected as one of 20 young leaders by company (direct mentoring by by senior manangement and under the nose of group head)
8. Part of strategy and innovation at unit level.
9. Extra curricular activities include: sports, quiz, ngo etc

Would highly appreciate your views regarding my profile.. i am aware my gmat is low but would like to know my realistic chances..

Think Big, but start Small!!!
WishMBA

Hi WishMBA,

Firstly, apologies for the delayed reply.

We recommend that you retake GMAT. At 610 and an IT profile, we surely see no chances of getting an interview call.

goISB Team
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
hi,i will be applying for ylp this year. I have certain doubts

1) I want to knw if my unique selling point can be smile after every failure and learn from it (i can explain this thoroughly if needed) . or should be like those qualities like greater vision ,dedication etc corroborated with examples.

2) i wish two write for my two accomplishments the following
a) organized a cultural night in my college
b) change a grade from D to B in one subject and that subject was helpful in my intern,

though i have been very specific if details are needed ,i shall provide.but plz give me some insight if i am on the right path or not .

thanks in advance
Intern
Intern
Send PM
f2009168 wrote:
hi,i will be applying for ylp this year. I have certain doubts

1) I want to knw if my unique selling point can be smile after every failure and learn from it (i can explain this thoroughly if needed) . or should be like those qualities like greater vision ,dedication etc corroborated with examples.

2) i wish two write for my two accomplishments the following
a) organized a cultural night in my college
b) change a grade from D to B in one subject and that subject was helpful in my intern,

though i have been very specific if details are needed ,i shall provide.but plz give me some insight if i am on the right path or not .

thanks in advance

Hi,

Firstly dont start with the essay topics of last yr. You must be planning to apply for session starting in 2013 and ISB will most definitely change the essay topics ( they do that almost every year).

Secondly, stay away from generic USP's ( USP's cant be generic e.g. never say die attitude). Focus more on the skillsets you have acquired and developed e.g. I am good at presales and communication skills or my ability to conceptualize something, launch it and then establish it/ run it successfully. Support everything you say with relevant examples or anecdotes.

Hope that helps.

goISB Team
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear goISB,

I have applied for R2 for ISB 2013 Batch . Got confirmation for completion of Application by dec 10. Still dint recieve any call.

Please evaluate my profile. And tell me areas to improve.

X-81.5%
XII-83%
BTech-8.1/10( Electronics and communication)
GMAT-620/4
Working in HPCL Fortune 500 company.
WE-2.6 yrs( By Mar-2012)
EC's: NTS scholar 2003, Karate Black belt
won awards in Karate tournaments.

Got Exp of Setting up of New Regional office of HPCL in Bathinda, Punjab.
Designation : Officer - Retail Upgradation
Construction/ Maintenance / Modernisation of Gas stations ( Petrol outlets) of HPCL in Bathinda Retail Regional office . Delt with 18 projects worth of 25 cores.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rajvinci wrote:
Dear goISB,

I have applied for R2 for ISB 2013 Batch . Got confirmation for completion of Application by dec 10. Still dint recieve any call.

Please evaluate my profile. And tell me areas to improve.

X-81.5%
XII-83%
BTech-8.1/10( Electronics and communication)
GMAT-620/4
Working in HPCL Fortune 500 company.
WE-2.6 yrs( By Mar-2012)
EC's: NTS scholar 2003, Karate Black belt
won awards in Karate tournaments.

Got Exp of Setting up of New Regional office of HPCL in Bathinda, Punjab.
Designation : Officer - Retail Upgradation
Construction/ Maintenance / Modernisation of Gas stations ( Petrol outlets) of HPCL in Bathinda Retail Regional office . Delt with 18 projects worth of 25 cores.

Hi rajvinci,

Your profile looks interesting with decent GPA and good extra currics.
GMAT score is the weakest aspect. We strongly recommend that you retake GMAT and target a 690+ or so.

Cheers
goISB Team
GMAT Club Bot