Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:12 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [1]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Re: Ask B-School Ambassadors [#permalink]
Maybe each ambassador can create one root post where he/she puts an FAQ - the initial list of all questions and answers for the school.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Since this probably wont get going a whole lot until next year, I think this summer/fall ambassadors first post in a thread should be an introduction/profile. Give a short profile, what your career goals are, any clubs you are a member of...things that will let people ask specific questions to people that can really answer them. This is probably going to be more helpful at schools like GSB, Kellogg, Ross

The faq thing is a good idea but we have to try to limit it to commonly sought info, or links to specific questions in the thread or else the first post would be super cluttered.
Current Student
Send PM
The other method is to use a panel discussion.

Each thread is a question, and each ambassador answers from their own b-school experience. This makes it easier for prospectives to compare and contrast.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Send PM
I think there is only so much you can do in a community environment. To answer the question: How will this be set up - go back to May/June of last year and think about what school specific questions you had back then. That might give you some insight.

We think that a classification by school is best achieved by the wiki -- it is obviously a work in progress, but we will get there -- You are all welcome to post your insights and analysis there. I know we have mentioned this before, but we have installed a text editor that does not require you to learn syntax.

Time flies - Its hard to believe it. You guys came in with so many questions and are now ready to attend the school of your dreams.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
Time does fly eh, Praet? :)

But I think by school might work the best right now, as by questions may start cluttering the forum and people might start new threads if they don't find the old questions that were asked before.

This is definitely something that will probably have to wait until the summer to start, when most of us GMATClubbers have committed to a school. At this point, I would probably be the ambassador for Haas or Kellogg, depending on which school I head out to.

Cheers!
Current Student
Send PM
I may end up being an ambassador to the school which gets 0 questions :lol:
Maybe the odd questionf rom people interested in doing exchanges :|
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Send PM
I am sure it will take some time. A forum become more valuable as the number of people using it increases.

togafoot, you can always contribute to discussions about other schools. The collective wisdom of the community is valuable. Different perspectives enrich conversations.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Send PM
This sounds like a great idea. I am not applying till 2011 or 2012, but I can not wait for the day when I might become an B school ambassador!

Thanks for making this a great forum guys. Good luck.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q48  V39
Send PM
i am open to answer any questions about Yale SOM if anybody has questions.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
awesome lanter1! Start a thread called "Ask Yale Ambassador" or something like that so you have your own "booth" when the doctor is in. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone!

I am an international student, and my dream school is usc, so let me give you some highlights about my profile.
I studied in france and the uk, i recently graduated in accounting and law, and i would like to do a master in accounting and a mbt at usc.
I worked in china, france and the central african republic ( my country of origin).
I am currently taking private gmat classes and i have been studying for it since december and intend to take it by september 2010.
I am aiming at a 650 - 700 gmat score. ( fingers crossed!!!)
The tuition is not a problem for me either.
My question is do i stand a chance? and also,is doing both masters a good idea or a waste of time? (considering i intend to take the cpa's exam once am done)

Report this post
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:Terry, Georgia Tech
 Q50  V40
GPA: 7.87
WE 1: Working for Wipro Technologies since April 2010
Send PM
Hi all,
My name is Samidh. and i need your suggestions and help very badly. i know u mite b gettin hundred such posts everyday but i can promise that my plea for help is a 100% genuine.
I am preparing for GMAT. i have a target of appearing around november this year. folks the problem is the only professional experience that i have is in wipro technologies, where im working from april this year. hence i will not b applying in any of the top b schools coz i know my chances of making it is minimal to say the least.
Guys, i have decided that i will apply to the TERRY COLLEGE of BUSINESS. The reason behind this are:
1) since the avg scores of students there is around 635, my guess is that if i can score around 700 ill b able to catch their attention despite having no professional experience.
2) they give scholarships to select students, without which i simply dont have the means to go and studey in the US.
and 3) my girlfriend is in georgia doing her PhD and i would like to be with her in this important phase of my life.

Guys, from the rumours i have heard i think it is very difficult to get into any college in US with scholarships and without having any experience. so i would like you to tell me if i have any realistic chance of making it to terry. let me tell you im a student odf average abilities, and last year i scored 89+ percentile in CAT. i also need to know that even if i am taken, will i get scholarships with which i can carry on my studies in Georgia. And lastly, how is the placement record in terry wrt percentage of students gettin placed from each batch.
i really need you to help me out friends. Thanking you in advance...

P.S.: my academic profile is :

class x : 89.2%
class xii : 83 %
GPA : 7.87 on a 10 point scale
Extra -curriculars achievements are minimal
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance
Schools:ISB
Send PM
Kudos
same question
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I am SO very worried, I cannot sleep at night and this has been haunting me ever since I clicked on submit.
I am applying to one of the top schools, I have a strong application I feel. I spent A LOT of time on the essays, and I good scores, etc.
The only problem is that when I clicked on submit, I assumed they will ask me to review the application once more and they didn’t and I had a few mistakes:
- Forgot to include the nationality and then I emailed them about it.
- Then I realized I also did not answer one of the application questions fully. They asked if I believe my academic performance reflects my success in business school and if so, why. I didn’t see the “if so, why” so I didn’t elaborate even though I have a lot to say about that. I had a presidential scholarship, etc.

The problem now is I can’t email them again about it cause it’s been a month since the application was due and I already emailed them about the nationality thing, emailing about that again will look BAD!!

I am sooo worried. Will all my effort on the essays and other part of the application go for a waste because of this.
GMAT Club Bot