Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:05 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Relations
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Finance (S&T)
Schools:Stern, Chicago, Duke, UNC, Wharton
 Q41  V31
GPA: 3.26
WE 1: S&T
WE 2: Project Management
WE 3: Banking
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Re: Save $225 on Manhattan Prep powered by Kaplan GMAT Course + $125 Bonus [#permalink]
MGMAT online CAT are painful, see my initial post about it: mgmat-cat-test-painful-experience-102055.html

Each time I finish an essay, the session expires in the background and therefore I get logged out. Today was the icing on the cake when the whole website was taken down while doing my test.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: Save $225 on Manhattan Prep powered by Kaplan GMAT Course + $125 Bonus [#permalink]
Hi Caitlin Clay,

I am interested in MGMAT Classes in Ann Arbor,MI. But, it seems there are no "In Person" classes available. Is there any possibility for classes in Ann Arbor, Michigan?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks.
Send PM
Hi There,

We do have in person classes in Ann Arbor, but the next one will probably be in late January, so it's not up on our site yet. If you are looking to start sooner, the Live Online classes are really great (try attending a free trial class to see how you like it: https://www.manhattangmat.com/free-gmat-prep-course.cfm) Otherwise, check our site again in a few months.

Best Wishes,
Caitlin Clay
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi I'd like to take advantage of the 20 first people to sign up will get 20% off by signing up for the online course. However, I already bought the books and have received them here - can the cost of books/shipping (~ $350 US - I live in Singapore) be discounted from the cost of the class as well?
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

With any Manhattan GMAT class we are glad to extend book credits for any material you have already purchased. Feel free to give us a call at 212-721-7400, or, if you would like to call for free you can do so via Skype by calling m.gmat . We'll be able to tell you exactly how much credit we can give you (depending on what material you already have) as well as apply it to your course.

Best Wishes,
Caitlin Clay
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Just wanted to let people know that I was successfully credited for the Books - they even credited shipping (which was an additional $100) because I bought it reasonably recently i.e. last 2-3 weeks. They were all very helpful, I spoke to Taylor from Student Services. Finally, they forgot to apply the GMATClub code, but after this was pointed out to them, they were happy to make the deduction.

Thanks MGMAT!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Is there a consensus on MGMAT CATs being harder than the actual GMA?. I took the GMAT about 2.5 years ago (right after college) and scored 680.

I am now about 9 months out from applying and finally got back around to GMAT prep because I've been slacking and need something 700+. Signed up for a prep class and, per the instructions, took the CAT before the class...and scored 680. I've answered a about 100 SC/CR questions on GMAT Club the last 4-5 months, but no prep otherwise.

So, is the first CAT easy, hard? I was a little shocked by the score considering I finished each section with 20 minutes to spare. It was really a matter of me not even attempting to solve questions I had no clue on and spending more time on the ones that I did remember how to work on. Is this a bizarre occurrence? I am not sure what to make of it.
Send PM
It's hard to analyze your score after taking only one practice test. While we have heard that the math portion of our tests is more difficult than the actual exam, what I can tell you is that we tend to have a standard deviation of around 50, whereas the actual exam has one closer to 30.

I wouldn't count on your first exam as a good descriptor of where you would score if you were to take the full test. Instead, what I would suggest doing is going through the course and seeing how your second and third exams come out, and also see how you do on the problem sets. Make sure to use the Official Guide Tracker so you can see where your strengths and weaknesses lie.

To best judge your ability, you should take the two GMAT Prep tests at mba.com, but I would suggest waiting to take those until you are closer to taking the actual exam.

Best,
Caitlin
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1145 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Maritime Financial Services
Schools:Columbia, INSEAD, RSM, LBS
 Q49  V36 GMAT 2: 720  Q48  V41
Send PM
If i want to purchase the online practice CAT and Question bank worth $70, is there any discount since i am a GMATCLUB member ? IF yes then what is the promotional code that i should use
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
I can find out.
Usually people gain access to these by buying MGMAT books that have access codes to the tests (all of them) and particular banks (each book has access to each particular q bank)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi bb,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have the Maths study guide from Manhattan version 5.07...It says that i have access to 3 CATS. Can you pls find out as to how do i gain access to these tests.
Thanks again
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
IEsailor wrote:
Hi bb,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have the Maths study guide from Manhattan version 5.07...It says that i have access to 3 CATS. Can you pls find out as to how do i gain access to these tests.
Thanks again

What you have is Manhattan Review.
This discussion and pretty much any reference to MGMAT is Manhattan GMAT - 2 different companies.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Oh didnt know the difference. Thanks for clarifying. Could you also let me know if there is any discount on the above mentions package from MGMAT.
Thanks again
Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hey,

Thanks for your interest in our offerings! The package you are looking at is already offered at a discounted package rate, so unfortunately we cannot reduce this any further. However, we always suggest to our students make sure to learn the content on the exam before drilling themselves with questions and practice tests, so I would suggest purchasing a book, which comes with access to the six CATs and, in fact, costs less than the package you are looking at.

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
topbestprices.blogspot . com Best discount deal of the day
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I tried to use the coupon code GCLUB100 to purchase Manhattan Guided Self-Study GMAT Prep. but when I was trying to check out it'd would not give me any discount. How can I used the code? Thanks.

I am trying to decide between Manhattan Guided Self-Study GMAT Prep and Veritas Online.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
karmadude wrote:
Hi,

I tried to use the coupon code GCLUB100 to purchase Manhattan Guided Self-Study GMAT Prep. but when I was trying to check out it'd would not give me any discount. How can I used the code? Thanks.

I am trying to decide between Manhattan Guided Self-Study GMAT Prep and Veritas Online.

Thanks for your question - unfortunately the discount does not actually apply to this course. Please see here for the complete list of discounts & promotions: https://gmatclub.com/marketplace/courses.xhtml

Best Regards,
BB.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7