Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:02 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
Re: General Management MBA and the roles post-MBA? [#permalink]
What kind of experience would be good prior to MBA in Management?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Send PM
playa4real wrote:
thanks river. congrats on your somewhat recent graduation.

yeah i see what you are saying and i know the type of jobs you are talking about since i am currently employed by a manufacturing firm. to be honest, ive never thought of working outside of the engineering world even post-mba; however i see the massive number of people jumping into finance and consulting and can't help but think that i am missing something or pigeon-holing myself by wanting to stay in the manufacturing industry. i know that in the end, enjoying your job is what matters, but compensation plays a significant role if i am going to invest 150K for a degree. i just want to make sure that i am leaning towards the right path for me.

on a side note, is it true that the concentration you select in your application is the one you have to follow through with or can you change your mind when you start school in the fall?

I am not an expert but i assume that it is true that the careers that you can opt depend on
1.prior experience, so if you earlier were a IT Guy and then did Finance and then looking for jobs in IT Section, then you would be suited to manage finances in an IT company.
2.If you were a Engineer and then you graduated mba in GM,Consulting then it would make less sense in applying for an IB. You obviously can apply because you were an engineer but you did your mba and never took finance, i hope you get my point.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
Math Expert
92900 posts
GMAT Tutor
1907 posts