Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:31 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Schools:Kellogg School of Management (Accepted), London Business School (Accepted), The Wharton School (Accepted)
Send PM
Re: The London Business School 2010 thread [#permalink]
Applicant1978,

Good luck with your other MBA/Career endeavours. Is it alright to ask you why you decided to withdraw? Hopefully, some lucky candidate on the wait-list will be awarded your spot!

Applicant1978 wrote:
With great regrets withdrew my application. Good luck to those who are on waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
 Q49  V40
Send PM
DoctorManhattan wrote:
Applicant1978,

Good luck with your other MBA/Career endeavours. Is it alright to ask you why you decided to withdraw? Hopefully, some lucky candidate on the wait-list will be awarded your spot!

Applicant1978 wrote:
With great regrets withdrew my application. Good luck to those who are on waitlist.

Thank you. It was a tough decision but I finally decided to go to a different school (US based).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Schools:Kellogg School of Management (Accepted), London Business School (Accepted), The Wharton School (Accepted)
Send PM
Applicant1978 wrote:
DoctorManhattan wrote:
Applicant1978,

Applicant1978 wrote:

Thank you. It was a tough decision but I finally decided to go to a different school (US based).

Applicant1978,

I can certainly relate to that. Enjoy your summer.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 656 [0]
Given Kudos: 194
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2013
Send PM
Gents,

I'm applying to LBS this year because this school is known as "European Harvard".

But,
the more I think about LBS, the more doubts I have. Very respectful people say that many big London companies have made recruitment freeze and the situation is unlikely to be improve by the time I graduate in 2013 due to unenviable condition of English Economy. It's said that it would be wise to think about attending Columbia or NYU instead.

What do you think about this point of view?
Are LBS's alumni dramatically affected by the recruitment freeze?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Financier recruiting for internships has been very strong this year - with many people taking on more than 1 internships. The signs of recovery are quite evident. LBS places not just in London but throughout europe and Asia. The placement statistics even during the downturn year were strong (and this year they will be stronger still). Good luck with your decision.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 529 [0]
Given Kudos: 172
Send PM
Hi I'm planning to apply to LBS for an executive MBA degree. However, I have only 5 years of experience in the Petroleum Company: 2 years in US, 2 years in Kazakhstan and 1 year in UK. I have Master's in Engineering. My work has purely been technical and project management. I have managed several big projects, and currently working on 3 projects with total value over $50M.

GMAT - 650
GPA - 4.89 ou of 5.00

My question: How realistic is it to get into Executive MBA with 5 years of experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi there all
Im an aspiring MBA applicant from Africa for the london business school MBA program
I have written my essays
i want to appeal to anyone to help me look at them and make suggestions please

Thank you in anticipation of a favorable response
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Try posting in the 2011 thread here : the-london-business-school-2011-thread-95964-140.html
olasunmola wrote:
Hi there all
Im an aspiring MBA applicant from Africa for the london business school MBA program
I have written my essays
i want to appeal to anyone to help me look at them and make suggestions please

Thank you in anticipation of a favorable response
Intern
Intern
Send PM
On Current Employement Page:
1. What's your organisation's main area of activity?:
Am I supposed to describe my internal team or the overall business?
2. Number of Employees:

On the Previous Employment page:
Number of Employees:

Education
Do you feel that your academic performance so far gives an accurate indication of your potential for success on the programme? If so, why? If not, why not?
Would you explain a 3.5?

Additional Information
Tell us about your main interests and activities in your free time*
Any advice on how would you answer this?
We encourage applicants to take into consideration the impact of study on family and friends. Who have you discussed your plans with, and what was the response? Feel free to give the names of members of the school community (alumni, students, faculty, staff etc) as appropriate.*
Which other schools have you applied to?
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
anonymousworld wrote:
On Current Employment Page:

Hey there buddy.
Well the first thing to keep in mind is that the application form is like any other part of your application (Resume. Essays. etc.) in that IN ADDITION to answering the question, this is a great opportinity for you to promote yourself (which should explain some of the logic behind my answers....)

Now on to your questions, piece by piece:

Whichever is better for you. Meaning if you are in a unique and rare and very demanded niche, you should definitely be mentioning that rather than the overall business. If there is nothing special, then go with the overall industry. (If you mention the niche, you should ALSO mention the overall, after all the question asks for your ORGANISATION)

2. Number of Employees:

Seems to be asking for overall

Number of Employees:

Overall

Education
Do you feel that your academic performance so far gives an accurate indication of your potential for success on the programme? If so, why? If not, why not?
Would you explain a 3.5?

No!!!! That would seem very nitpicky.

Additional Information

Tell the truth, trying to make yourself as interesting and diverse seeming as possible. Sport, culture, business, hobbies, etc. Get as much interesting stuff as you can,

We encourage applicants to take into consideration the impact of study on family and friends. Who have you discussed your plans with, and what was the response? Feel free to give the names of members of the school community (alumni, students, faculty, staff etc) as appropriate.*

Again, you should be telling the truth here. They do want to see of course 1. that your family/significant other/friend are very supportive 2. that you have some connection with the LBS community. 3. You can also consider showing how you doing LBS will impact their lives positively as well

Here normally I recommend to write all the schools that are not obviously better. So since LBS is one of the best in Europe, you shouldn't have too much fo a problem here. If you were applying to HBS or Stanford I might omit them from the answer.

Hope this helps dude...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
More questions :)

Will it look unprofessional, to copy and past a description of the organization from the internet? For example, lets say I took it off Wikipedia.

2. Tell us about your responsibilities. Describe your day-to-day role, details of any clients you work with/for, the level/title of the person you report to, the size of budget for which you are directly responsible and the number of people in your team.
How detailed would your answer be? Is a combination of sentences and bullets ok?

My current layout is:
Overall responsibilities (sentences)
Bullets of my main metrics
day to day tasks ( sentences)

JonAdmissionado wrote:
anonymousworld wrote:
On Current Employment Page:

Hey there buddy.
Well the first thing to keep in mind is that the application form is like any other part of your application (Resume. Essays. etc.) in that IN ADDITION to answering the question, this is a great opportinity for you to promote yourself (which should explain some of the logic behind my answers....)

Now on to your questions, piece by piece:

Whichever is better for you. Meaning if you are in a unique and rare and very demanded niche, you should definitely be mentioning that rather than the overall business. If there is nothing special, then go with the overall industry. (If you mention the niche, you should ALSO mention the overall, after all the question asks for your ORGANISATION)

2. Number of Employees:

Seems to be asking for overall

Number of Employees:

Overall

Education
Would you explain a 3.5?

No!!!! That would seem very nitpicky.

Additional Information

Tell the truth, trying to make yourself as interesting and diverse seeming as possible. Sport, culture, business, hobbies, etc. Get as much interesting stuff as you can,

Again, you should be telling the truth here. They do want to see of course 1. that your family/significant other/friend are very supportive 2. that you have some connection with the LBS community. 3. You can also consider showing how you doing LBS will impact their lives positively as well

Here normally I recommend to write all the schools that are not obviously better. So since LBS is one of the best in Europe, you shouldn't have too much fo a problem here. If you were applying to HBS or Stanford I might omit them from the answer.

Hope this helps dude...
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
No problem... but you do realize (i just did) that this is the 2010 thread???
Maybe lets hop over to this year???
:)
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all-london-business-school-2012-applicants-117398-580.html
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived LBS Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our LBS Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated LBS Forum for all fresh things related to the LBS MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts