Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 468 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Goodluck questor! Try not to put too much pressure on yourself!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 285 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good luck questor. Go ahead you will crack it!!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Today's Test Results [#permalink]
Hello, all.

My verbal score did not improve at all, while math went down two points. So the overall score is 670. At least I know that I'm definitely in the upper 600 level and that my previous success wasn't a fluke. I think that maybe the 5th time is the charm (charm the snake that's GMAT!). I'm still kicking myself! :x

Prepped for the last two weeks. Prepped full-time for the first week with with Kaplan GMAT 800 (mainly the verbal section) and part-time for the second week. I guess I'll have to start being a hermit again. :(

Questor
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Types of Questions [#permalink]
Verbal - First two or three are SC. Then I was hit with a fairly long tough RC passage (50-60 lines). 1 SC after that. Then another passage. I got one science passage total. SC - a few completely underlined.

CR - no boldfaced, no fill-in-the-blank. Weaken, strengthen, quite a few assumption type, inference, support which conclusions

Quantitative -
More geometry this time - coordinated geometry, triangle, line

A new type of Standard Deviation question. Instead of giving me the s.d., I had to figure it out myself.

1 Probability - not too tough.

Percentages

Lots of number theory.

Messy computational stuff - decimals, fractions.

Digits

Word problems - pricing, a geometry problem disguised as a rate problem, groups.

Medium, range, average.

No permutation/combination.

Exponents.

Divisibility - remainder

sequences - skipped this question

I thought that the math was harder this time around.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hmm, what did you get in your last attempt Questor? Anyhow, 670 is a great score so you should not be too concerned. I'm sure you will do well next time if you are not in a rush with your applications. Stick around and tell us more about your experience when you have a few minutes spare
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: [#permalink]
Paul,

I got a 680 last time. That's 90 percentile, up from 540.

Verbal is obviously a lot harder to improve. I probably need to re-do OG and take a test everyday.

I've already applied to my choice schools in round two. Perhaps 680 will be enough, but you never know. If I want to re-take the test, I will have to do it soon because the new score will only be considered if the admcom's haven't already made a decision on my application. Either way, it's a gamble.

I haven't decided what I should do. It's just frustrating to get a 6.0 on my AWA and then a 77 percentile on my verbal.

Questor
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1498 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
What were your break-down scores on both times, Questor?
Also, did you get high score in PP because of many repeated questions from OG?

Anyway, 670 is a good score. I am more than happy to live with that.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
"What were your break-down scores on both times, Questor?"

I got 35 on my verbal both times. My quant score went from 48 to 46 this time. I focused my studying on the verbal stuff more this time. So the decrease in quant did not surprise me. I'm just frustrated that my verbal score did not go up. Still, 35 is at the 77 percentile. Not too bad, I suppose.

"Also, did you get high score in PP because of many repeated questions from OG?"

While taking the practice test, I remembered seeing a few of the same questions from OG but couldn't recall the answers. I expected that my actual test score would be lower (due to nerves, etc.).

On the actual test, I was more careful and less confident about my answers. Adding to the slower pace are factors, such as sickness, not sleeping effectively the previous night, etc. I do know that there's a lot of room for improvement in the verbal. If I do decide to re-take the test for the final time, I will go over the OG verbal sections and the explanations completely again.

Questor
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37306 posts