Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [5]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 673 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
Schools:ISB, Tepper - CMU, Chicago Booth, LSB
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72877 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy,IT management
 Q0  V0 GMAT 2: 0  Q0  V0 GMAT 3: 0  Q0  V0
Send PM
Re: Memory Brush Up File [#permalink]
RedaEK wrote:
First post here, so apologies if i'm posting in wrong place, not following some forum rules or if there is something similar already floating around.

I basically created a "flashcard" file with multiple choice answers (content very small at the moment) and just sharing the file.
The excel file uses macro and they are visible in case you want to change it.
if you are in a good mood and create some content for it, please share it (question sheet)
Feedback is appreciated :-D

Cheers,
Reda

HI RedaEK
Welcome to the Gmat Club...:)
great initiative....
but sorry to say Ur excel sheet gives error in Visual Basic at times...
here is the screen shot attached...Also It would be great of you if u can explain if we need to do any other thing apart from clicking Random Button...can i do some manipulations in the boxes...??
Attachments

error.docx [189.23 KiB]
Downloaded 62 times

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
sandeep800 wrote:
RedaEK wrote:
First post here, so apologies if i'm posting in wrong place, not following some forum rules or if there is something similar already floating around.

I basically created a "flashcard" file with multiple choice answers (content very small at the moment) and just sharing the file.
if you are in a good mood and create some content for it, please share it (question sheet)

Cheers,
Reda

HI RedaEK
great initiative....
here is the screen shot attached...Also It would be great of you if u can explain if we need to do any other thing apart from clicking Random Button...can i do some manipulations in the boxes...??

Hi Sandeep,
happy to fix it. Do you know which question is showing when you get this problem? Is this present with the original few questions or the error is coming up only with new questions? I'll see if I can get the error on my file and will upload it as soon as i have fix

Regarding your second question, not sure what you meant with the "Random Button". The original intention of this file was to answer/remember questions/things within 5 seconds (e.g. I should not "calculate" every time odd * odd). I sometimes forget about this goal and added few questions which are quite long but the file originally was not meant for those. So, if the file is working correctly, the questions in the "Questions sheet" should load randomly in the form. Once you select a button on the left, your choice is saved in the "Answers sheet" for review on weak areas (did I answer you question :-D )
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 759 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Welcome to the gmatclub RedaEK!

Interesting app! Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
sandeep800 wrote:
RedaEK wrote:

Cheers,
Reda

HI RedaEK
great initiative....

ok, regarding the file, the latest version I attached should fix the problem you had (I hope).
Regarding manipulating, you can add your questions in the "Question" sheet. First column is the question, column B to F should have the answer and column G should have the correct answer (1 to 5). Column H is just a tip in case you don't remember the answer and is shown after 5 seconds. As I mentioned in the past, the point of this file was to have my own flashcards with questions and a response rate of less than 5 seconds.
Regarding the questions already in the file, sorry if there are too few Q&A but they were not meant to be comprehensive. I just noted them as I was going along and I would actually welcome any additional contribution.
Thanks.

Update
I added the idioms from Crejoc's idiom list with examples (Thanks! it's from this forum but cannot post links)
I'd say it's not a perfect fit but it works (for me at least)
Attachments

File comment: Updated file with Idioms
Reda's Exercise v4.1 Upload.xls [297.5 KiB]
Downloaded 67 times

Reda's Exercise v4 Upload.xls [175 KiB]
Downloaded 62 times

GMAT Club Bot