Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:31 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 588 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Founder, Amerasia Consulting Group
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 588 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Founder, Amerasia Consulting Group
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
Send PM
Re: Can I get into these schools?? Any better options available? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Amitjash:
Yes, in fact based on the information you provided in your last post, I believe even more strongly that your multicultural experience will bode well at top business schools.
The answers to your questions:
1. You bring this up primarily in your essays. When you answer questions regarding leadership, you emphasize your ability to build consensus across a diverse set of coworkers. Diversity includes working styles as well as cultural implications, nationalities, languages etc. you are going to want to provide examples of your ability to get things done in these environments. I'm going to guess that you will have some pretty good stories around overcoming obstacles and perhaps being able to deal with resistance to your ideas. This is critically important in essays that ask you about "mistakes" or "frustrating experiences."
2. Greatest achievement essays center on leadership accomplishments. Bonuses or raises and salary are the result of a significant accomplishment. I encourage you to focus more on the accomplishment and then note that additional evidence of the accomplishment is the raise in pay. Additionally, when you describe significant accomplishments, the admissions committee is more interested in why you view it as significant. They are not necessarily interested in how much money you earn. For the purposes of your essays, I would view the extra income as a "nice to have", but not the primary support for why it is significant.
3. N/A
4. Admissions committees do not necessarily care about the brand name of the University. They want to know that you did well academically. They also want to know that you did well with respect to undergraduate leadership activities. I would not worry about the brand equity contained in the name of your undergraduate institution. if asked a question about your undergraduate academic experience, focus on accomplishments.
5. My list of schools remains the same. Keep in mind that when you write your essays, you will want to pay more emphasis on why this year is the right year for you to go. I called this out because you are now 30 years old. You are not out of the range of MBA applicants, but you want to talk about why this year is the right year and how you have realized that.

Respectfully,
Paul

amitjash wrote:
Now still do you think that my multicultural experience will count for top notch universities?

I have certain questions for you if you don’t mind asking.
1. How to bring to attention of admission council regarding my multicultural work experience? At most I can give references of few colleagues(At least 15 different nationalities)
2. I have all the proofs of my employments (that i had got 3 times salary in 3rd job) but will it be OK to mention the increase in salary as achievement in the admission application?
3. For now I understand that I have to include all these details of my career in my Resume. If otherwise I would be thankful to you for getting advice.
4. I would like to bring to your attention that I completed UG from a university which may not be famous on global scale. Will this have some drawback?
5. For now I have taken your advice (List of schools) for granted (I will apply as recommended by you) Please advise me if you changed your mind after reading these facts so that I can re-arrange my list of schools.

Thank you very much for a great help
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Can I get into these schools?? Any better options available? [#permalink]