Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:04 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: ACFE Member, CalCPA Member
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Concentration: General
Schools:Duke - Fuqua
 Q44  V38
WE 1: CPA & CFE with 7 years of experience
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Re: B-school applicants expenses! [#permalink]
Kudos
I read the article. I can't say any of the information was new or surprising. What I took from it was that there are all sorts of expenses for getting into a business school. How much it costs is incredibly subjective and up to the needs of each individual.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Yes that is quite true. But many often don't realise that there are other expenses besides the high tuition fee. And it also shows the extent people can go to simply get into a good B-school.
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Kudos
rashmikumar wrote:
Yes that is quite true. But many often don't realise that there are other expenses besides the high tuition fee. And it also shows the extent people can go to simply get into a good B-school.

I think many individuals spend a ton of money on their pursuit of the magic bullet for getting into a top B-school. I know I almost went in for some of the programs out there, with all of their swanky promises, testimonials, and statistics. Still, read the fine print.

I still have my days when I doubt my application, but in the end I'll just be confident in myself, my accomplishments, and my goals. I'll lay all my cards on the table at the interview and see what happens. If I don't get in somewhere awesome, well at least I can always say I did my best. I can't demand anything more of myself, let alone plopping down thousands on prep stuff, consultants, and application gurus that may or may not be worth it.

I think the article is good to read, just to reinforce the fact that there may be a bunch of hidden expenses. I definitely believe that people should have as much information as possible when they start down this road. Forwarned is forearmed!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Yes, spending thousands of dollars just to be more prepared to start life in a B-school is going a little overboard for sure! But towards the end of the day, what matters (as you say) is that you do your best, and that you're happy with whatever you're putting forth.
GMAT Club Bot