Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, general management
Schools:IE, IESE, ESADE
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Communications
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:INSEAD- WL, IE - Apr 2011
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: IE Business School 2010 [#permalink]
Hey guys,

I have already applied for the Nov 2011 intake, and i did my interview 3 weeks ago.
Should get a final decision during the next week!

Good Luck for all
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Consulting, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Oxford - Admit
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Hi Guys...

I just got an admit from IE for the APR 2011 intake..

I am now hoping to tap the collective intelligence of the group:

Q1. To current students/ Alumni - We keep hearing opinions that the ranking for IE is too high in relation to its actuals placements/ Alumni network when compared to other established B Schools. (A couple of earlier threads)

Is there any merit to this??? After having seen the school and experienced the placements, what would you opinion be?

Q2. Are there advantages/ disadvantages in taking the April entry when compared to the Nov entry??

Thanks for the help people..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
MBA Life: IE Business School: Work Hard, Play Hard (https://www.businessbecause.com/mba-life/ie-business-school-work-hard-play-hard.htm)

An Evening in Madrid with IE – How To Party At One of Europe’s Best B-Schools

The 2010 IE cohort seem like a great bunch!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys,

I got my Admit email this morning for the Nov'11 intake!

Good luck for all
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For all those interested in IE, here is a recent interview with one of their student leaders:

https://www.businessbecause.com/business ... energy.htm

She is pioneer in green initiatives at the school and would probably be a good contact for anybody interested or on their way to IE.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAyer wrote:
Hey guys,

Good luck for all

Congrats MBAyer!!

I sent my application late october and I'm still waiting an answer for my interview... (fingers crossed :wink: )

Can you share your experience? How long did it take from the time you sent your application to the time you got your interview? And after that, how long did it take for you to know you were accepted?

BTW, I'm also applying for the Nov. 2011 intake. So hopefully I'll see you there! :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Canelon wrote:
MBAyer wrote:
Hey guys,

Good luck for all

Congrats MBAyer!!

I sent my application late october and I'm still waiting an answer for my interview... (fingers crossed :wink: )

Can you share your experience? How long did it take from the time you sent your application to the time you got your interview? And after that, how long did it take for you to know you were accepted?

BTW, I'm also applying for the Nov. 2011 intake. So hopefully I'll see you there! :-D

Thanks Canelon,

Well, i submitted my application during the first week of September, and got the interview invitation approx 3 weeks after submission. I did my interview beginning of October and received the final decision a month after. So consider that the whole process takes 2 months.

My profile: Engineering graduate with Honors, GMAT 660, by Nov'11 i'll have 4.5 years of experience (our of which 3.5 in Management Consulting). I have loads of international experience, fluent in 3 languages and basic in spanish, significant managerial and teamwork experiences. I hope this helps.

Good luck for everyone...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAyer wrote:
Canelon wrote:
MBAyer wrote:
Hey guys,

Good luck for all

Congrats MBAyer!!

Thanks Canelon,

Well, i submitted my application during the first week of September, and got the interview invitation approx 3 weeks after submission. I did my interview beginning of October and received the final decision a month after. So consider that the whole process takes 2 months.

My profile: Engineering graduate with Honors, GMAT 660, by Nov'11 i'll have 4.5 years of experience (our of which 3.5 in Management Consulting). I have loads of international experience, fluent in 3 languages and basic in spanish, significant managerial and teamwork experiences. I hope this helps.

Good luck for everyone...

Just got an interview invite!! I'm sooo happy :)
This will probably be sometime next week, and hopefully I'll know the outcome before the end of the year!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
guys. Are the chances really bad if I decide to apply ~February for NOV intake? And is there a diff between April/NOV intake?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shaselai wrote:
guys. Are the chances really bad if I decide to apply ~February for NOV intake? And is there a diff between April/NOV intake?

Hi Shaselai,

I know, for example, that they are still processing applications they are recieving now for the Apr11 intake (that's 4 months away from the begininng of the MBA). So if you're planning on appling in february for the nov intake (8 months before the MBA begins), I'm quite sure you're in perfect timming.

The only important difference I know between both intakes is that for the nov intake your chance of an internship is better (since you can do it during the summer) opposed to the april intake.

Good luck with your application!
Current Student
Send PM
Canelon wrote:
shaselai wrote:

Hi Shaselai,

I know, for example, that they are still processing applications they are recieving now for the Apr11 intake (that's 4 months away from the begininng of the MBA). So if you're planning on appling in february for the nov intake (8 months before the MBA begins), I'm quite sure you're in perfect timming.

The only important difference I know between both intakes is that for the nov intake your chance of an internship is better (since you can do it during the summer) opposed to the april intake.

Good luck with your application!

nice! thanks for the response. How much better is IE compared to IESE? just curious if their standings are "debatable" or IE is def. better than IESE? Also i have looked at the placements... does most people here who are applying going to work in Europe or thinking of elsewhere? I wouldnt mind working in europe at all but kinda curious.... thanks!
Intern
Intern
Schools:IE
WE 1: IT Consultancy
WE 2: Public Gov Sector
Send PM
hey shaselai, glad to see u here, haha

i am in the same position and spent insane time to research/compare IE and IESE. Well my conclusion is: to apply both. They both great schools, but i guess the only difference is: IESE is better known in Latin worlds, whereas IE is known everywhere (probably because of their higher rankings and marketing efforts). Their times and tuition are different, but i heard that actually cost are pretty much the same. Personally i prefer IE coz i am old, wanna back to Asia, and wanna have my own startup.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any idea if they are still accepting applications for the April Intake? Want to apply by this weekend but prefer the April intake!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi pranavk, i visited visual MBA tour last night, and they said there were still positions open for April intake. So good luck.
Current Student
Send PM
i saw the employment doc and the % admit post grad kinda scares me... anyone else is kinda surprised about it?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys, for the application CV, do i need to use some template or just create it on my own? BTW, i really have no contact with any IE alumni or professors (coz my job function and geo location), will this be matter to my application? It seems like there are quite a lot of radio buttons related to IE alumni, but i have to tick "no" for all of them. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Jiang wrote:
Hi guys, for the application CV, do i need to use some template or just create it on my own? BTW, i really have no contact with any IE alumni or professors (coz my job function and geo location), will this be matter to my application? It seems like there are quite a lot of radio buttons related to IE alumni, but i have to tick "no" for all of them. :)

Hi Jiang,

Your CV doesn't need to be in any specific format, it's just your regular CV. About the IE alumni, I wouldn't worry. I bet most people that apply to IE don't have any acquaintances that have attended the school (myself included) ;)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5