Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: ACFE Member, CalCPA Member
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Concentration: General
Schools:Duke - Fuqua
 Q44  V38
WE 1: CPA & CFE with 7 years of experience
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! [#permalink]
I finally just got my email from Marshall that my application is now under review for Round 1. As I understand it, it is supposed to take up to 10 business days after submitting the application for them to confirm that everything is there. Well...been a bit longer than that as I made it for Round 1. Still, I'm happy to finally get the confirmation from them. Heck, even over something as small as telling me I gave them everything required is great. Too many programs just let us stew in ignorance.

On a side note, when I called admissions on a previous day, the assistant actually took the time to go through my application to make sure everything looked good and was complete. Now how's that service for you?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship and Technology
Schools:UCLA, USC, NYU
GMAT 2: 680 GMAT 3: 640
GPA: 3.55
WE 1: 5 Years, Entertainment and Technology
Send PM
I'm in for Rd 1 as well. I am reapplying after getting dinged during Rd 3 last year.

I spoke to Admissions about my specific application a couple of months ago and they said it was just ultra-competitive last year and they mostly filled their class by Rd 3. She didn't really give me much advice for improving my candidacy aside from that.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:USC, UT-Austin, Babson
 Q44  V38
GPA: 7.8
WE 1: Entrepreneur
Send PM
Even I received a mail saying that all components are complete and the application is under review! I think a change is occurring in the admissions approach at Marshall. The mails are replied to quickly and the responses are pleasant. That is a nice change from the curt one line responses i received last year :D
USC 2011 Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management
Schools:USC Marshall $$, BU $$, UCLA
 Q47  V39
GPA: 3.75
WE 1: 5 years
Send PM
Looks like the admissions is trying to make an effort to make the process simple for us ... +1 to them :)

I also received the mail with the details that app is complete. I think we can rest till Dec 1 now :)

Happy thanksgiving ppl!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
VinceCPA wrote:
I finally just got my email from Marshall that my application is now under review for Round 1. As I understand it, it is supposed to take up to 10 business days after submitting the application for them to confirm that everything is there. Well...been a bit longer than that as I made it for Round 1. Still, I'm happy to finally get the confirmation from them. Heck, even over something as small as telling me I gave them everything required is great. Too many programs just let us stew in ignorance.

On a side note, when I called admissions on a previous day, the assistant actually took the time to go through my application to make sure everything looked good and was complete. Now how's that service for you?

same here... just got the email now. i submitted like 4-5 days before deadline... well i guess since they wanted official transcripts they were probably sorting things out during that time.... well we got 3 more weeks :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
shaselai wrote:
VinceCPA wrote:

same here... just got the email now. i submitted like 4-5 days before deadline... well i guess since they wanted official transcripts they were probably sorting things out during that time.... well we got 3 more weeks :)

Same for me. Submitted a few days early and just got an email yesterday. Still no ID though, should I request one or is it not worth it since we will be hearing on the 1st?
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V38
Send PM
bruinboi wrote:
shaselai wrote:
VinceCPA wrote:

Same for me. Submitted a few days early and just got an email yesterday. Still no ID though, should I request one or is it not worth it since we will be hearing on the 1st?

I don't think it's that big a deal if you have your ID, unless you plan on flooding them with emails in the future. Still, you can just call them and they will give it to you over the phone. It's up to you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, Int. Business
Schools:HKUST, MBS, USC, Hawaii, UCSD
GMAT 2: 660  Q39  V41
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: Education
Send PM
In for R2
USC 2011 Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management
Schools:USC Marshall $$, BU $$, UCLA
 Q47  V39
GPA: 3.75
WE 1: 5 years
Send PM
Welcome UPGRAYEDD. Added you to teh Roll call.

Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Lived overseas since 2003
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Management
Schools:Marshall
 Q50  V41
WE 1: Trainer
Send PM
re-app from last year.

I checked my Marshall application page on Friday and was surprised to see a link that said,

Decision Status: Available beginning 11/17/2010
- Your application decision is now available online

When I click on the link, all it says is: Thank you for your interest in the USC Marshall MBA Program. Your application has been successfully submitted and is currently in review...

Title of the link was a bit misleading.
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V38
Send PM
expatcominghome wrote:
re-app from last year.

I checked my Marshall application page on Friday and was surprised to see a link that said,

Decision Status: Available beginning 11/17/2010
- Your application decision is now available online

When I click on the link, all it says is: Thank you for your interest in the USC Marshall MBA Program. Your application has been successfully submitted and is currently in review...

Title of the link was a bit misleading.

Yeah, I have the same link, though mine says that my application is available as of 11/16/2010. Otherwise, the same message and information. Still, as I've said before, I'm very glad that Marshall admissions seem to be going out of their way to keep us in the loop, unlike other programs I could mention... Now I'll just hope to get that invite email in a couple of weeks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance/Consulting
Schools:UCI R1- admit w/ $$$, Cornell R3, McCombs R2- admitted, Kelley R3 - admitted, USC R1-waitlist
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
To my knowledge, invites will start rolling out from Dec 1st.
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V38
Send PM
analyst218 wrote:
To my knowledge, invites will start rolling out from Dec 1st.

Yes, that's what their admissions told me over the phone, as mentioned above in this thread.
Intern
Intern
Schools:UCLA, USC, Haas, NYU
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: 2 years M&A
WE 2: 5 years Equity Research
Send PM
Applying part time R2 and looking forward to putting the application process behind me and hopefully getting out of NYC come the end of Summer 2011.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Kudos
HeadedWest wrote:
Applying part time R2 and looking forward to putting the application process behind me and hopefully getting out of NYC come the end of Summer 2011.

I like how three of your four schools of choice are out here in California.
Intern
Intern
Schools:UCLA, USC, Haas, NYU
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: 2 years M&A
WE 2: 5 years Equity Research
Send PM
VinceCPA wrote:

Thanks.

Wife and I have been trying to make a permanent move west for some time but I've been having a difficult time getting any kind of professional traction outside of NYC. Crossing our fingers and hoping for the best.
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V38
Send PM
HeadedWest wrote:
VinceCPA wrote:

Thanks.

Wife and I have been trying to make a permanent move west for some time but I've been having a difficult time getting any kind of professional traction outside of NYC. Crossing our fingers and hoping for the best.

I completely understand. I think getting an MBA at any of those three schools would definitely get your foot in the door. I know that all three have very strong alumni in this area (Marshall's can be pretty devoted in Southern California). Also, there are some great jobs out here, even in this economy.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  41   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts