Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:46 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [6]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.11
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Re: Stanford [#permalink]
awesome, great resource!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos
Guys, am I missing something critical here, or are the letters of reference questions listed above way different this year? The Stanford GSB website shows these set of questions:

Questions We Ask Your Recommenders

For Your 2 Professional/Workplace recommenders
1. Please comment on the context of your interaction with the applicant. If applicable, briefly describe the applicant's role in your organization.
2. How does the candidate's performance compare to those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles?
Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant's response.
3. Please make additional statements about the applicant's performance, potential, or personal qualities you believe would be helpful to the MBA Admissions Office.

For Your Peer recommender
1. Please comment on the context of your interaction with the applicant. If applicable, briefly describe the applicant's role in your organization.
2. Describe how the candidate has generated support from others for an idea or initiative.
Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant's response.
3. Please make additional statements about the applicant's performance, potential, or personal qualities you believe would be helpful to the MBA Admissions Office.

Source:
https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/mba/admissi ... rence.html

Is the Stanford GSB website info outdated or is the info in this post outdated? Please clarify!!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 313 [0]
Given Kudos: 286
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GRE 1: Q800 V800
GPA: 3
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Prabhakar wrote:
Guys, am I missing something critical here, or are the letters of reference questions listed above way different this year?
Is the Stanford GSB website info outdated or is the info in this post outdated? Please clarify!!

The info re. "questions to references" in this post was outdated. We have now updated it.
Thank you for bringing it to our attention. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Send PM
Hello everyone ! im a newbie here ! was baffled a bit ! but came up with some concrete plans ! this is sudhir frm india ,in the final year now ! haven taken the gmat but looking at my prep,i think i can be able to score 700+ , my principal,after he watched me closely,suggested me to go stanford gsb (taking into consideration my extra-curriculars ), n recently i just browsed through ur website n found u even take students frm the college directly
il just list some accomplishements of mine
1)president of student redressal committee of my college
2)organiser of sports in my college
3)captain of my college football team and also a captain of the rfb football club team(dont have a meterial proof though)
4)helped with some infos and solutions for my uncles company(dont wanna reveal the name)
5)volunteered for the most famous india against corruption movement headed by anna hazare
6)will be volunteering for the disaster relief and child education programme shortly
7)took up the task of teaching english to some of my college mates (i was appointed by my principal)
when in the first semester,i faced some situation which so many ppl might not even have thought of , faced mental trauma, was not able to write my first sem exams ,took sometime to recover , and created a record in my college by clearing all the 3rd sem and 1st sem examinations at one shot with a first class %(15 subjects at a go)
although because of that my marks were low (just 60% aggregate in my first and second sems) if u draw a graph of my developement, the line will be in an acclivity ! although by not attempting 1st sem examination,was the least scorer in my class,in the last sem,i topped my college .. . . . looking at all these,my principal suggested my to go for it as he knew that i would be fit for this ! and im a business management grad . currently in the final yr ,with an aggregate of 68(thanks to my first and second sem marks) . . . do u think i need to go for it?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos
sudhirzulu wrote:
Hello everyone ! im a newbie here ! was baffled a bit ! but came up with some concrete plans ! this is sudhir frm india ,in the final year now ! haven taken the gmat but looking at my prep,i think i can be able to score 700+ , my principal,after he watched me closely,suggested me to go stanford gsb (taking into consideration my extra-curriculars ), n recently i just browsed through ur website n found u even take students frm the college directly
il just list some accomplishements of mine
1)president of student redressal committee of my college
2)organiser of sports in my college
3)captain of my college football team and also a captain of the rfb football club team(dont have a meterial proof though)
4)helped with some infos and solutions for my uncles company(dont wanna reveal the name)
5)volunteered for the most famous india against corruption movement headed by anna hazare
6)will be volunteering for the disaster relief and child education programme shortly
7)took up the task of teaching english to some of my college mates (i was appointed by my principal)
when in the first semester,i faced some situation which so many ppl might not even have thought of , faced mental trauma, was not able to write my first sem exams ,took sometime to recover , and created a record in my college by clearing all the 3rd sem and 1st sem examinations at one shot with a first class %(15 subjects at a go)
although because of that my marks were low (just 60% aggregate in my first and second sems) if u draw a graph of my developement, the line will be in an acclivity ! although by not attempting 1st sem examination,was the least scorer in my class,in the last sem,i topped my college .. . . . looking at all these,my principal suggested my to go for it as he knew that i would be fit for this ! and im a business management grad . currently in the final yr ,with an aggregate of 68(thanks to my first and second sem marks) . . . do u think i need to go for it?

(This is actually not the section to post this on, but I believe a moderator can move these 2 posts elsewhere)

Hi Sudhir,

No one can tell you whether you should go for GSB or not, and also whether or not you can get in (except for GSB adcom ofc).

You appear to have some very good EC's, been through some very tough times as well and show academic potential too. So, first go through Stanford's website thoroughly, understand what the GSB is all about, what you can gain from an MBA at GSB, how GSB can help shape your future & what you can give back to the Stanford community.

Do no just apply because your Dean said so, first get to know whether you need an MBA right after graduation (rather than apply after working for a few years), and attend a Stanford session in India if possible to understand why & whether Stanford would be the best fit for your unique profile.

Just my 2¢. Good luck buddy!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Send PM
roger that ! :) ! thanks a ton!
GMAT Club Bot