Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:41 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: General,Non-profit,Marketing,Entrepreneurship
Schools:Yale SOM,Stern,LBS,Vanderbilt
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:McCombs (acc w/$) (Kellogg(WL), Haas(WL - ding), Anderson(WL-WD), Owen (acc w/$$)
GMAT 2: 720
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Owen - Vanderbilt 2011 Applicants/Admits [#permalink]
I applied to Owen in late October (round 1). I got my interview invite a week later and interviewed in mid-November. The day of their decision deadline they called to let me know that I had been admitted and that they had given me a large scholarship (close to 85% of tuition). I'm actually still trying to decide and I have to let them know by next Friday.

My stats:

Undergrad: 3.5 gpa from state school
Work: 1.5 years work exp in risk management conuslting, 1.5 years as a data analyst for an energy company (switched to broaden my experiences for grad school and lack of growth oppurtunity in my consulting position)
GMAT: 700 (90%) Verb: 40 (89%) Quant: 46 (75%)
Interviewed with the director of admissions when they were in town at a MBA event.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know. Owen is definetly something I am strongly considering. I'm actually just waiting to hear from one of the other schools I apply to.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
thats great...Congratulations. I visited Owen for the discover weekend and loved it! The staff and students are just awesome!

I guess you heard from them so quickly because you applied in the early decision deadline. I applied a little late than their nov 15th deadline. My profile is

3.0 form Indian univeristy in Engineering with a GMAT of 640. I worked for over 3.5 years in software and then moved to non-profit management. Right now I work in non-profit. I don't see any updates in myowen page. thats y i am worried about!I am retaking the GMAt in ?Jan 5th and I have mentioned it in the application. Will they wait for it or just go ahead and process my application?

Can you let me know what my chances are?
Intern
Intern
Schools:McCombs (acc w/$) (Kellogg(WL), Haas(WL - ding), Anderson(WL-WD), Owen (acc w/$$)
Send PM
nisi85 wrote:
thats great...Congratulations. I visited Owen for the discover weekend and loved it! The staff and students are just awesome!

I guess you heard from them so quickly because you applied in the early decision deadline. I applied a little late than their nov 15th deadline. My profile is

3.0 form Indian univeristy in Engineering with a GMAT of 640. I worked for over 3.5 years in software and then moved to non-profit management. Right now I work in non-profit. I don't see any updates in myowen page. thats y i am worried about!I am retaking the GMAt in ?Jan 5th and I have mentioned it in the application. Will they wait for it or just go ahead and process my application?

Can you let me know what my chances are?

Did you interview yet? Like I said, it is a rolling admissions and it usually takes a month or so after the interview. Like most people will tell you, as long as your stats are in range, then it depends on your essays and percieved fit. You look like a strong applicant to me. I would guess they won't wait for your gmat since they will probably have a decision before then. It may help get you a better scholarship though?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for the reply.

No, I didnt interview yet. I have not got any reply from them since I submitted my application.

My fingers are crossed :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nisi85 wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

No, I didnt interview yet. I have not got any reply from them since I submitted my application.

My fingers are crossed :)

Did you apply R2? I applied on the deadline (I think 11/15.) I got the interview email two days later. If you applied R2 you should have gotten it. I would NOT worry though, considering ALL applicants have to interview. If you applied R3 they prob put you in a different pile. Here is the email for your reference:

An evaluative interview with a member of the Admissions Committee is required of all applicants to complete the application. Please contact our office by email or phone at 615.322.6469 to schedule your interview if you have not already conducted an interview or been confirmed for an interview in a city near you. If you requested an interview during a Discover Weekend on-campus event, we will confirm your interview time by several days prior to the event. While we encourage you to meet with an admissions officer in person, telephone interviews are acceptable.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I applied in R3 (11/22) to be exact. I am worried since it is going to be a month and I havent heard from them. Any body else in the same pool?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I also applied to Owen in Round 1 and got my interview about a week after submitting my application. Was also called on the day of their decision deadline with a notice of admission had a large scholarship as well. Strongly leaning toward Owen and would love any feedback people may have. Was admitted to Chicago Booth today, but with a slightly smaller scholarship...

Female, 26, New Orleans
3.3 GPA from top ivy league university
4 years of work experience in education administration
680 GMAT
Completed a phone interview with Associate Dean of Admissions
Manager
Manager
Send PM
good to hear that! I called up the Admissions and they told me that they will wait until i retake GMAT. So i guess its a long wait then :( i got 640 the first time and retaking the GMAT on Jan 5th.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kris10 wrote:
I also applied to Owen in Round 1 and got my interview about a week after submitting my application. Was also called on the day of their decision deadline with a notice of admission had a large scholarship as well. Strongly leaning toward Owen and would love any feedback people may have. Was admitted to Chicago Booth today, but with a slightly smaller scholarship...

Female, 26, New Orleans
3.3 GPA from top ivy league university
4 years of work experience in education administration
680 GMAT
Completed a phone interview with Associate Dean of Admissions

Kris, if Booth will only cost you around $10K or more per year, then there is no question that Booth is a better choice IMHO. That doesn't take into account where you want to live, concentration and fit, but Booth is around #10 in the country and Owen is around #30, so obviously if money is around the same Booth is a better option on paper.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Kenan-Flagler, Darden, Simon, BU(ding), Owen(i/v), Olin(ding), Norte Dame(w/l)
GMAT 2: 690  Q47  V37
WE 1: Finance 3.5 Years
Send PM
I'm applying to R3

I have updated my stats in my profile
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Decided to accept their scholarship offer. I paid my deposit for the program last night. I'll be attending Vandy next fall. Good luck to everyone else and look forward to meeting others that attend Owen.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sk818020 wrote:
Decided to accept their scholarship offer. I paid my deposit for the program last night. I'll be attending Vandy next fall. Good luck to everyone else and look forward to meeting others that attend Owen.

Congrats and good luck! I have a couple questions about your thought process if you don't mind. What other schools were you deciding between? What are you looking to concentrate in and then work in after school? Are you looking to stay in that part of the country?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I also decided to accept Owen's scholarship offer and paid their deposit. I'm so excited to be attending Vanderbilt in the fall and moving to Nashville. Ultimately, it came down to the better financial deal and fit with Vanderbilt's Peabody College offerings as electives.

Good luck to all. Happy Holidays!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
RexRyan wrote:
Congrats and good luck! I have a couple questions about your thought process if you don't mind. What other schools were you deciding between? What are you looking to concentrate in and then work in after school? Are you looking to stay in that part of the country?

I applied to Olin, SMU, Rice, UT, BU and Vandy. I applied with the understanding that I was going it alone in getting my MBA (as in no one else is going to help me pay for it). So, I applied to schools that I thought I had a chance at getting a scholarship at. When I got my interviews done, campus visits done and decisions back I shortened the list down to Rice and Vandy. I ended up choosing Vandy for a bunch of reasons; I really liked their admissions team, I met with the director of corporate relations and was comfortable that I could work for good companies when I got out, I liked there small student to teacher ratio, I wanted to get out of Texas, Vanderbilt is a respected school, Vandy gave me a better offer and Vandy has a good finance program. Overall I felt it was the best fit for me educationally and culturally.

No I don't plan on staying in that area of the country when I finish my degree. I am concentrating my MBA on finance and would lke to do investment managment when I'm done.

Originally posted by sk818020 on 22 Dec 2010, 09:15.
Last edited by sk818020 on 22 Dec 2010, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Human Resources
Schools:Vanderbilt (matriculating)
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hi all....I applied round 2 and interviewed 11/18 with John Roeder. Just checked MyOwen and I'm ACCEPTED! I haven't received a call or e-mail so if you applied round 2 be sure to go check it.

I'm sooooo pumped this is my first admit!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
besos1024 wrote:
Hi all....I applied round 2 and interviewed 11/18 with John Roeder. Just checked MyOwen and I'm ACCEPTED! I haven't received a call or e-mail so if you applied round 2 be sure to go check it.

Congrats! I would imagine they will give a call sometime today. Same thing happened to me. I checked my myOwen page and it had been updated saying I had been admitted. Later that day someone gave me a call. Again, congrats!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
besos1024 wrote:

Congrats to all accepted students!! Can you please share your profile?? GMAT/Work Exp/background/GPA etc??!!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts