Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 468 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations on your thunderbird admit Venksune! :cool

From your responses in the forum it is obvious that you know your stuff, but unfortunately that's not what GMAT tests for. It feels more like an endurance test, sort of a mental marathon. But as I have told some of my friends in the past, its not the GMAT that matters but the end goal of getting an MBA from the school of your choice and Thunderbird is a great school, not to forget the interviews at UNC & CMU!

I am very happy for you! You should now share with us your application process! :P
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 146 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Venksune:
Congratulations on your success. Regarding GMAT, you did get a decent score second time. We all know that you deserved a 700+ and nobody needs any proof of that. Your posts helped many 700+ scorers and that itself is an ample eveidence of your skills.
Yes, endurance can be the clincher in the end..but honestly speaking, score in high 600's means that you did prove yourself. It was just a matter of luck that you didnt touch 700.. And your first score was obviously a fluke.
We all are proud of you and it's good that you finally came back with your story.
Many a times, I observe that some very regular members suddenly disappear. What generally happens is, I guess, that they dont score as well as they had expected and feel embarassed to come back and tell their story. I can perfectly understand their state of mind but what I would like to tell all those people is that this gmatclub community is like a big large hearted family. There should be no embarassment to share your sorrows or concerns with all of us. Like a family which cares, we can provide solace hope, and better strategies which might make all the difference.
I know this might sound too preachy,but just give one call and you will have lots of voices replying back.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats for your admission Venksune and I wish you all the best for the processes you are still in.

I would like to thank you for your great help here at gmatclub and for the tone of your post as well. We (I ?) are really focused on this gmat beast while it is only one brick of the admission wall. But as it is probably the most rational we first imagine that this is the sole part of the app which is potentially under control, but it is not a 100% one... You are one more proof if needed that it is possible to get into a top program without scoring necessarily 790...

One more time congrats :banana: and I hope you will stay around till the intake !

Take care.

Fred
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey venksune,
Congrats on your admission. I was wondering about you. Wish you all the very best for the future.

Regards
Praveen
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Venksune,
It's great to hear that the GMAT is behind you too :)
Try not to over analyze your score, and remember the goal.
Besides, in my opinion one of the most important characteristics to have in this quest is perseverance, and you surely got it my friend.

Good luck,
And see you around!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats venksune...I also was wondering about your whereabout...Good luck for the future..
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Friends,
I am truly moved by the words of encouragement and wishes. Helps me a lot. When I was in the bed for nearly a month with my painful piles operation I always wondered if my endurance was related to the ill health that was before.

All of you were right, atlast somehow I am in a much better shape with atleast one admit and a number of other Univs looking promising. I think from Nov 17th - the first time I took the GMAT (and got a dismal score) to Jan 21st when I got an admit - those two months included GMAT retake, the surgery, essays and interviews. Gosh! time went past real fast and I dont remember to have slept peacefully at all. Too much action - all at the same time.

Anyways, I just seem to have a sigh of relief! I really got exhausted. Now, I decided to move on and now from books on dangling modifiers/Verb tenses, I have books on microeconomics/macro economics and wanted to get ready for the school (makes you feel lot younger when back to school from a long professional life).

I will surely be around more actively and its truly a pleasure to note that I have earned great friends through the club.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 448 [0]
Send PM
Re: My gmat to admit story [#permalink]
venksune,

Congts to you for your adm to thbird. it is also good thing that you are invited for the interview at CMU(i believe Carnegie Mellon) and UNC-Chaple Hill. both are very good institutions. good luck for the same.

I had few chance to interact with you but those interactions were highly fruitful. since i joined the club, i have been noticing you carefully. i was very impressed from your explanations and postings. everytime i logged in, i was expecting your postings. but, you discontinued suddenly and i was wondering since last cupple of weeks about waht happend to you. Finally, i got you as a prospective thbird student.

do keep on sharing your interview experiances at various unis..

congrts once again and Goodluck buddy...................

MA
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Got an admit confirmation from Purdue today.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
venksune wrote:
Got an admit confirmation from Purdue today.

:musband :woohoo :bouncer Even better Venksune! Krannert is one notch above TB. Keep us update as to where you finally wind up.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Venksune,did you get any schol from Purdue?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
faizu: I believe that the dean decides between now and july once I send my acceptance. So, i have no idea if i will be considered for a schol. Hopefully I do.

Paul: Thanks for your wishes. you have been supporting me all through. I will never forget my interactions with you. I will continue to be in touch with you for the years to come.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 987 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Boy!

I don't know how I missed this success story. Better be late than Sorry. Many Congratulation, Venks! you rock! Krannert is a wonderful school.
Finally, the efforts start showing up. I wish all the best to everyone.

take care,
dj
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Venksune,

How did u distinguish yourself from other Indian applicants?How realistic I am if I were to apply to hbs/kelloggs in 3rd round?

Thanks,
FH
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks DJ. Good to see u again at the club. How's your app experience coming along?

Faizu,
My profile on paper does read - Indian, IT company, Engineer and US experience. I used my Sales and Marketing experience, personal life experiences, Awards/community Acitivities outside work - to distinguish myself. I am also thankful to my recommenders for a stellar reco. Luckily my gmat did have a high quant score and a very high AWA. My verbal was low - but I had a very high TOEFL. My essays proved that I can write well. So, I think, my app was still competitive if you group them all together.

Your GMAT is high and is more than the Avg for HBS/Kellogg. Research well on their curriculum and your pitch on why MBA, why Kellogg/HBS. This essay will make all the difference and make you stand out if you can articulate well. Third round is not a impediment - matter of fact, you can stand out clearly from the group (as the adcom would have already read through a number of apps) if your essays can do the trick.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Venksune for encouraging me :) I was thinking that applying in 3rd round would not serve any purpose. My CMU app will be re-evaluated under the light of new score as i put it on hold.Are my chances bright at CMU?

Thanks,
FH
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
got an admit from vanderbilt - with $10k per yr merit scholarship.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2