Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:35 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [1]
Send PM
Re: pls evaluate my profile [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
hirendhanak wrote:
Thanks very much for your prompt and insightful reply.

1) My total experience is 10 yrs( non IT ) , i have been leading team for the last 8 yrs , do these factors make my profile stand out of a competitive pool of indian students ( especially lot of IT students ).

2) Do you think europian business schools ( one year full time programme ) prefers more senior students as compared to the US business schools

3) How do you see my chances for LBS , Cambridge , Oxford, what should be the ideal score to apply at these three school to be in safety net ?

thanks very much again

To answer your questions:

1) Slightly. If you have a lot of leadership and management, and it seems you do, that will help too.
2) I do.
3) If your GMAT end up where you want it to, you would have a competitive chance for Oxford and Cambridge. LBSwould be a stretch. If you stays in the current range, I don't believe you would be competitive at any of these 3 schools.

Best,
Linda
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Thanks very much Linda , I am sorry i missed one aspect of application in my primary post. ( i just came to know abt this requirement today only )

I have formal education of 15 years ( 10+2+3 ), and i did my one year programme in business management while working ( this one year programme is offered by one of the best business school of india , where one has to attend lectures on sat and sunday at the designated centers , and at the end of the course 10 days at the campus )

Does one require total 16 yrs of formal education to apply at US b-schools ? if yes , will my this one year certificate programme be counted as 16th year or not

IF it is not counted as 16th year .. am i limiting my prospects at US ?

Sorry if i crossed my limit of questions , and thanks very much for your reverts.
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
hirendhanak wrote:
Thanks very much Linda , I am sorry i missed one aspect of application in my primary post. ( i just came to know abt this requirement today only )

I have formal education of 15 years ( 10+2+3 ), and i did my one year programme in business management while working ( this one year programme is offered by one of the best business school of india , where one has to attend lectures on sat and sunday at the designated centers , and at the end of the course 10 days at the campus )

Does one require total 16 yrs of formal education to apply at US b-schools ? if yes , will my this one year certificate programme be counted as 16th year or not

IF it is not counted as 16th year .. am i limiting my prospects at US ?

Sorry if i crossed my limit of questions , and thanks very much for your reverts.

You're most welcome.

It depends and the situation is in flux. Basically, you need to check with the programs you are interested in individually. Some schools will want to see a full sixteen year of full-time education (I believe UCLA, Haas, and Ross fall into that category, but you should check). Some say a 3 year bachelors + one year of post-graduate education is fine. Just check with each school. For some, the info may be on their web sites.

Regards,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot